Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Teltik Mobile - Harbor Mobile reincarnated?

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Anyone who goes with these outfits deserves everything they get.
    That is why if any issues the business line is on google voice.

Also if anyone cares the free PBX system teltik offers is from a company called Fone.do
    I guess it's a lite version of the system cause it's 100 outgoing minutes and not unlimited. I thought the minutes used would be counted as incoming so I am a little confused with how it works. Apparently my sim never made it yesterday... good ol' usps and their lackluster shipping saying out for delivery but never actually going out for delivery. I guess overnight would have been a dream for priority mail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    Thanks. But I wouldn't know about that (COR). All I know is that HM customers from T-Mobile were entitled to keep their plans and some still have it a couple of years later. HM still does the billing. Same situation with Bluegreen Mobile, which I am with today, even though they no longer sell service. Bluegreen bills me every month through autopay. Based on these two precedents, I am assuming that the same situation would hold if Teltik was forced to stop selling service. No guarantees here, of course. But then again, if you are looking for guarantees, Teltik, Harbor, Bluegreen, Expo Mobile and all the other resellers and prepaid providers are not the place to be.
    Yeah they only ever canceled AT&T Plans. No one on the T-Mobile program ever lost their line, and I still have one today. It's been around six months since the last post and just want to say that there has been no issues with TelTik. I don't expect to ever have problems with T-mobile business lines.
    Sign-Up for TelTik Mobile!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How convenient that this topic just got responded to as I need to do something with my HM plan.

I have a HM plan, the $30+3 one that was 2GB and for awhile was offered at 2.5GB. Happens that I used up my data yesterday. Whether or not you still can, because they don't offer new plans, but their FAQ says:
    "You can easily upgrade your plan. We have 3 plan options:
    $40: 3Gig of up to 4G LTE | $50: 5 Gig of up to 4G LTE | $60: UNLIMITED 4G LTE (5GB hot spot)"

So that is $10 more a month for another .5GB. Not worth it.

Seems I have to do the usual trick, i.e. move my number from HM to somewhere else, then over to Teltik

Any suggestions on the best place to put my business phone number while waiting to move it to Teltik?

ParkMyCellPhone.com is one of the options I found...won't be elsewhere for long.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Testshoot View Post
    How convenient that this topic just got responded to as I need to do something with my HM plan.

I have a HM plan, the $30+3 one that was 2GB and for awhile was offered at 2.5GB. Happens that I used up my data yesterday. Whether or not you still can, because they don't offer new plans, but their FAQ says:
    "You can easily upgrade your plan. We have 3 plan options:
    $40: 3Gig of up to 4G LTE | $50: 5 Gig of up to 4G LTE | $60: UNLIMITED 4G LTE (5GB hot spot)"

So that is $10 more a month for another .5GB. Not worth it.

Seems I have to do the usual trick, i.e. move my number from HM to somewhere else, then over to Teltik

Any suggestions on the best place to put my business phone number while waiting to move it to Teltik?

ParkMyCellPhone.com is one of the options I found...won't be elsewhere for long.
    If your phone is compatible, I would port to Ting CDMA (Sprint). Might cost a bit more than a parking service, but you can at least use your phone if there are any delays in porting and they provide all the port out info without hassle. Additionally, I've seen the port in and out process go much quicker compared to some of the voip-based parking services.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by band12 View Post
    If your phone is compatible, I would port to Ting CDMA (Sprint). Might cost a bit more than a parking service, but you can at least use your phone if there are any delays in porting and they provide all the port out info without hassle. Additionally, I've seen the port in and out process go much quicker compared to some of the voip-based parking services.
    Guess I didn't explain right, or as well as I can say. I would like more data and have been happy with Harbor Mobile, but to upgrade with them is more expensive than moving over to Teltik. Teltik can only, like was the case with HM, accept NEW business customers. To port in my number, it has to come from somewhere, such as your suggestion. The other option would be to move my cell number to Google Voice and get a new number with Teltik, and then forward from GV to the new Teltik number. Not as smooth as going straight to the phone.

Did you suggest Ting as they have low port in costs? Turns out my CDMA phone doesn't use SIMs so it can't work with Ting. And Ting's GSM service is T-Mobile so I still couldn't port to that and then to Teltik.

I need a non-TMO place for my phone number to go but still get calls. I can in the meantime stick a new TMO SIM in my phone, establish Teltik service on it, then port the number over from wherever to that SIM.

Has to be others that have moved from HM to Teltik to take advantage of the better rates.

Thanks

My GSM T-Mobile phone shouldn't be

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Are you sure that TelTik can't just somehow take over responsibility for your T-Mo # from Harbor Mobile? Especially since they are under the same ownership? Maybe you can chat with TelTik to ask that question?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Are you sure that TelTik can't just somehow take over responsibility for your T-Mo # from Harbor Mobile? Especially since they are under the same ownership? Maybe you can chat with TelTik to ask that question?
    It's not possible. I actually asked Loren that question, and she said it can't be done. Harbor Mobile and TelTik are both postpaid business lines directly with T-Mobile. The number can't be moved between the different companies and would need to be ported out and then ported back into a TelTik line.

Device(s)
    Moto E, S4, Trio 8", G3, G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Testshoot View Post
    Guess I didn't explain right, or as well as I can say. I would like more data and have been happy with Harbor Mobile, but to upgrade with them is more expensive than moving over to Teltik. Teltik can only, like was the case with HM, accept NEW business customers. To port in my number, it has to come from somewhere, such as your suggestion. The other option would be to move my cell number to Google Voice and get a new number with Teltik, and then forward from GV to the new Teltik number. Not as smooth as going straight to the phone.

Did you suggest Ting as they have low port in costs? Turns out my CDMA phone doesn't use SIMs so it can't work with Ting. And Ting's GSM service is T-Mobile so I still couldn't port to that and then to Teltik.

I need a non-TMO place for my phone number to go but still get calls. I can in the meantime stick a new TMO SIM in my phone, establish Teltik service on it, then port the number over from wherever to that SIM.

Has to be others that have moved from HM to Teltik to take advantage of the better rates.

Thanks

My GSM T-Mobile phone shouldn't be
    I was on the Harbor Mobile $30 plan too. I read on here about Teltik and did the switch. Same ~$30 gets 6gb and data rollover up to 20gb or so. My business number is important to me. I didn't trust HM so went with Google for the business number and got a new number with HM. Using Google is not as convenient for normal use. But has the flexibility to forward the number to multiple phones, even a pc. I have multiple phones. I think I got a new number when I transferred to Teltik (more data, same money).

Even tho using Google to forward voice and text to a phone can be cumbersome at times, it mostly works pretty good. I'm glad I did it. Made the switch to Teltik a piece of cake. It'll make the switch to the next carrier easy too.
    Step outta line, the man comes and takes you away.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsliv View Post
    I was on the Harbor Mobile $30 plan too. I read on here about Teltik and did the switch. Same ~$30 gets 6gb and data rollover up to 20gb or so. My business number is important to me. I didn't trust HM so went with Google for the business number and got a new number with HM. Using Google is not as convenient for normal use. But has the flexibility to forward the number to multiple phones, even a pc. I have multiple phones. I think I got a new number when I transferred to Teltik (more data, same money).

Even tho using Google to forward voice and text to a phone can be cumbersome at times, it mostly works pretty good. I'm glad I did it. Made the switch to Teltik a piece of cake. It'll make the switch to the next carrier easy too.
    Thanks for your input, been considering that myself. We just have to hope that GV stays around, and stays free

I have been trying to decide where to port to and I am waiting for the new SIM in the mail so I have time while the SIM is in shipping to me.

Feedback Score
    Two places to temporarily port number: 1. Number barn ($5 port fee)
    2. Sideline (free port)

After looking at your last post, my guess is that I'm a little late to the party:-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aenews View Post
    It's not possible. I actually asked Loren that question, and she said it can't be done. Harbor Mobile and TelTik are both postpaid business lines directly with T-Mobile. The number can't be moved between the different companies and would need to be ported out and then ported back into a TelTik line.
    Hmm - not sure it's true. I've successfully changed such resellers from Bluegreen to 4GAS, where I am now. It was a simple responsibility transfer - Bluegreen just made a note to the account, and Robert from 4GAS picked it up in an hour, no SIM card change was required even.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anrec View Post
    Hmm - not sure it's true. I've successfully changed such resellers from Bluegreen to 4GAS, where I am now. It was a simple responsibility transfer - Bluegreen just made a note to the account, and Robert from 4GAS picked it up in an hour, no SIM card change was required even.
    How long ago did this happen?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anrec View Post
    It's true as Loren indicated there's no way for them to get the number transferred. Perhaps due to the agreement they have with T-Mobile. That's interesting that a transfer of responsibility worked for you. Would be very convenient if TelTik ever was able to do the same.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14