Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Teltik Mobile - Harbor Mobile reincarnated?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The $30 and $45 plans are a steal...
    Click the following link to learn how to get $25 just for activating cricket service.http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...new-customers!

Feedback Score
    In response to my post #15.

"Hi xxxxx!

I have reviewed your post on Howard Forums. I Would like to extend the sincerest apology possible to you, personally, for your bad experience with Harbor Mobile. Please understand that the falling out with AT&T was due to circumstances that were far beyond our control. This has effected all of us, very deeply. I understand that this apology could ring hollow, due to the ramifications that our customers had to endure, however, please acknowledge that we completely understand that our company caused a very great inconvenience to many of our valued customers, and we are truly sympathetic for that.

Refunds were assigned at the time of cancellation to ALL of the Harbor Mobile customers that lost their AT&T service. At a bare minimum, I would like to work with you to investigate why you did not receive your refund, and make sure that you receive the refund that is DUE to you.

As the Director of Customer Service for Harbor Mobile and Teltik, I would like you to know that customer satisfaction is my number one priority. I am willing to answer any questions that you may have and, if possible, work with you to possibly rekindle the business relationship that we once had.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to consider this email.

Regards,

Loren Giannace - Director of Customer Service"

To start Loren this is not a public apology. Reread my post #15 & see how short of amends this is.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    I don't know why a public apology would even be necessary - it's not like they buried toxic waste near a groundwater site.

I was with HM AT&T and received a refund within 4-5 days, so if you didn't receive one (knowing that the rest of us did), there must have been an oversight in all the confusion going on.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Harbor Mobile taught me to never trust a company like them again. Since the whole AT&T mess, I have not even thought of going with another "authorized reseller." I've been with postpaid service. Yeah, I pay more but at least I know my phone number will always be there and the service will never be shut down with very little notice to port out.

I did get my refund from them but I just can't find the sense to trust them again.

Like I said, postpaid is more expensive but we pay for 20 GB of data for $140 (2 phones, 1 tablet) a month after taxes. It isn't terrible for two lines on Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If it's Shaun vs teltik (harbor mobile) I vote teltik. Other than that teltik can suck my *****.
    Who is Shaun?

Quote Originally Posted by LorenLeigh View Post
    Hi!

I am thrilled to see that you are interested. All of our plans will have a $3.00 fee attached to them. The total cost of the 6gb high speed data phone plan is $33.00. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions! I am always here to help!
    Right now I am with nettalk paying $20 a month for 10GB... The price will increase to $30 in January I believe. (Currently for new customers they increased the price to $40 all in for the 10GB price point. Which is $3 less than your current price for new activations.) Granted the few times I contacted nettalk by phone was a nightmare of on hold. I found their chat feature to be easier.
    I also could have went with 4GAS recently with the t-mobile 1 Smartphone plan all in $42.70 with optional $25 increase for unlimited hotspot 4G /unlimited day passes. I didn't go for it when they had that price point as I am seeing how long I can last on 10GB's. 4GAS has since raised the price for now. (They tend to have sales often though).
    For now it is working out okay but I will keep you guys in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    I don't know why a public apology would even be necessary - it's not like they buried toxic waste near a groundwater site.

I was with HM AT&T and received a refund within 4-5 days, so if you didn't receive one (knowing that the rest of us did), there must have been an oversight in all the confusion going on.
    I agree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post

I lost very little money (3 or 4 day's worth?) but I lost my phone number that everyone I knew and did business with had. It had to be changed with all these people which was a major pain and inconvenience. You will never make me believe they didn't know they were being dropped by ATT before Friday for the Sunday cancel. I don't think I was alone in losing my phone number, either.

Feedback Score
    My question in all of this is why go with this company ? What makes them set apart from the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david0858 View Post
    I lost very little money (3 or 4 day's worth?) but I lost my phone number that everyone I knew and did business with had. It had to be changed with all these people which was a major pain and inconvenience. You will never make me believe they didn't know they were being dropped by ATT before Friday for the Sunday cancel. I don't think I was alone in losing my phone number, either.
    Nope, you aren't. There is at least one other person that lost their number. Others contacted AT&T to port out, others used the port out info provided by HM to port out themselves, and others switched to AT&T postpaid or prepaid. We will never know the exact distribution break down. None of this has anything to do with my post, however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Harbor Mobile & Teltik can go F themselves...
    The amount of anger in your post seems disproportionate to the amount you've been wronged. The level of commitment between both parties in a prepaid relationship is, by design, minimal. You can quit them and they can quit you, with little reprocussion. The most you should ever have to lose is one month's payment. Risking anything (ie. device, phone number, a large balance) greater is foolhardy.

Anger and blame are wasted energy; learn from your mistakes and apply the lessons going forward.

Feedback Score
    ....you will never make me believe they didn't know they were being dropped by att before friday for the sunday cancel.....
    Quoted For Truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    The amount of anger in your post seems disproportionate to the amount you've been wronged. The level of commitment between both parties in a prepaid relationship is, by design, minimal. You can quit them and they can quit you, with little reprocussion. The most you should ever have to lose is one month's payment. Risking anything (ie. device, phone number, a large balance) greater is foolhardy.

Anger and blame are wasted energy; learn from your mistakes and apply the lessons going forward.
    Anger? This is the way I talk, curt. The aggravation to port out my # on a Friday afternoon was intense. And no a Google Voice or Ring.to alternative doesn't work for me. All caused by HM trying to suck every last penny out of their victims I mean customers.

But as mentioned I did learn not to go with a authorized reseller or a new MVNO.

Feedback Score
    I like the value proposition that MVNOs can offer. Sometimes the deals are literally too good to last, and the companies go out of business. But my numbers are extremely important to me. I've seen enough horror stories of people losing their number during porting glitches, billing disputes, or service providers going belly up, to know that its not a risk I'm willing to take. With Google Voice having custody of my precious numbers, all carrier assigned numbers are disposable. It allows for changing carriers indiscriminately. In less than 60 seconds, without ever putting my number at risk or inconveniencing any of my contacts.

Feedback Score
    I posted the information below under a BlueGreen thread where Harbor/Teltik was mentioned, but now realize it is more appropriate for this thread:

Information:

Some quick research finds that Teltik was incorporated in East Brunswick, New Jersey, in June. That's the same city where Harbor Mobile was incorporated in January 2014. (Additional details on either corporation are available, but the state charges for this information.)

We recognize Loren's name from Harbor, but one wonders whatever happened to David Goodman, who appeared to be the lead man at Harbor when it began offering service.

Teltik has a LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/teltik-communications , which claims it is self-owned and has 11 to 50 employees.

The page says: "We are a telecommunications business solution provider, with service across the US. Unlimited talk, text, and data for as low as $25 a month. Visit our website to find out more about our cloud-based, and mobility service."

An entry posted last month says: "When you place your order for your first wireless service plan, you will also a receive a PBX cloud-phone account that will include 1 extension with unlimited incoming minutes and 100 outgoing minutes on us! Take advantage of this great opportunity. Ready. Set. Mobilize."

The Teltik domain registration uses a privacy service. Both Harbor (142.4.8.134) and Teltik (198.57.209.175) are hosted by UnifiedLayer.

Comments:

I'm just passing on the information I have found in an attempt to learn more about Teltik. I was happy with Harbor's T-Mobile service and consistently found them to be responsive. I maintained that service with them well after they stopped selling new lines with either provider. I had absolutely no trouble porting out my numbers when I finally shifted to 4GAS because I needed more lines. However, I can understand that Harbor's AT&T clients might "harbor" ill feelings because of their debacle.

I'm not sure what to make of the cloud-phone offering. Is Teltik also offering a VOIP line with each mobile number and explaining how to use them in tandem?

Feedback Score
    >What makes them set apart from the others?

The PBX features (http://teltik.com/features.php) would be appealing to a SMB. From a bang/buck view, hotspot use would be a differentiator. The $45 plan w/ unlimited "3G speed hotspot" piques interest, depending on how fast "3G" is. How fast is it, Loren? In any case, it's good pricewise for a "biz reseller," on par with BlueGreen, 4GAS, etc.

OTOH, biz users would be more interested in the larger coverage of an AT&T or VZ, vs just TMO. BlueGreen has the advantage here. 4GAS' forte would be its stronger tech expertise in modem/hotspot/antenna, and that it has a longer track record of reliability.

The problem I see is that it's pitched to the wrong demo. For biz users, reliability trumps cost, and you're not going to put your business' lifeline in the hands of a fresh-out-of-the-oven startup with a track record of going dark, no matter how cheap it is. Granted, that's the requirement from the carrier, but I don't see a bright future ahead, if biz users are all that they can pitch this to. Ditto for BlueGreen, now that it reportedly will tighten its sign-up requirements.
    Last edited by e.mote; 10-08-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Oh boy Oh boy. Another one of these "business" resellers. Can't wait for them to go down in about a year or so.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast