Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Teltik Mobile - Harbor Mobile reincarnated?

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Nexus 5X, Robin, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Unlimited Data Pass, Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    I am with Nettalk Wireless for $20 a month for 5 months for 10 GB of data. $30 after that. There have been No hassles here. I am using my ZTE Zmax to tether on my Chromebook. I get 30 Mbps down and 15 up. I am very satisfied. It always works with no glitches, which is a lot more than I can say about Time Warner Garbage and it's 100 MVP's download speeds. I am dumping Time Warner in January after my discounted year is up. I also have 5GB of data for $15 a month from Bluegreen. Who needs to speak to CS? It just works.
    Use Google Voice to protect yourself. It is a jungle in prepaid land, like life. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Very satisfied Nettalk and Bluegreen pink customer.

Sent from my 0PM92 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Nexus 5X, Robin, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Unlimited Data Pass, Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    I had a very good experience with HM (T-Mobile) and would not hesitate to go with them again if the price was right.

Anyone who uses a prepaid service with a phone number that is important to them is quite naive and asking for trouble.

Feedback Score
    It is foolish to trust anything other than a division of one of the major legit companies.

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    It is foolish to trust anything other than a division of one of the major legit companies.
    Eh... The amount of money I am saving with these Business resellers outweigh the negatives. My business number is tied to google and my phone is unlocked. If and when I ever lose a number and need to switch ASAP I have a few sims laying around at home. Also the archiving of all my text messages is incredibly useful and I admit a bit scary.

Feedback Score
    Seems like you don't trust them at all, and are well prepared for the inevitable of when they "pull a PTEL".

Wise planning.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Seems like you don't trust them at all, and are well prepared for the inevitable of when they "pull a PTEL".

Wise planning.
    As someone else said any mvno or reseller cannot be fully trusted with a phone number you cannot loose. However, that said I also look for a bargain.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Wise planning.
    More like pull a "harbor mobile". At least ptel gave you sometime to port out. Harbor mobile gave 2 days on AT&T lines. Yes, both of them probably knew ahead of time and where still taking peoples money up until the end.

Feedback Score
    I'm still with HM on the T-Mobile side. Never had a single issue.

Feedback Score
    That will minimize the risk of losing a number due to the provider going out of business. But there are other ways that numbers can be lost, like porting glitches or billing disputes, which can happen with any carrier. Google Voice addresses those risks also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Harbor Mobile taught me to never trust a company like them again. Since the whole AT&T mess, I have not even thought of going with another "authorized reseller." I've been with postpaid service. Yeah, I pay more but at least I know my phone number will always be there and the service will never be shut down with very little notice to port out.

I did get my refund from them but I just can't find the sense to trust them again.

Like I said, postpaid is more expensive but we pay for 20 GB of data for $140 (2 phones, 1 tablet) a month after taxes. It isn't terrible for two lines on Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except they've never had any issues with T-Mobile. Existing customers on T-Mobile can even still add new plans as it has been for a very long time on Harbor Mobile. TelTik is just Harbor Mobile for new customers. Just as Harbor Mobile (T-Mobile) never crashed, neither will TelTik.
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >What makes them set apart from the others?

The PBX features (http://teltik.com/features.php) would be appealing to a SMB. From a bang/buck view, hotspot use would be a differentiator. The $45 plan w/ unlimited "3G speed hotspot" piques interest, depending on how fast "3G" is. How fast is it, Loren? In any case, it's good pricewise for a "biz reseller," on par with BlueGreen, 4GAS, etc.

OTOH, biz users would be more interested in the larger coverage of an AT&T or VZ, vs just TMO. BlueGreen has the advantage here. 4GAS' forte would be its stronger tech expertise in modem/hotspot/antenna, and that it has a longer track record of reliability.

The problem I see is that it's pitched to the wrong demo. For biz users, reliability trumps cost, and you're not going to put your business' lifeline in the hands of a fresh-out-of-the-oven startup with a track record of going dark, no matter how cheap it is. Granted, that's the requirement from the carrier, but I don't see a bright future ahead, if biz users are all that they can pitch this to. Ditto for BlueGreen, now that it reportedly will tighten its sign-up requirements.
    Since it's a T-Mobile Business Plan, you'd get 128Kbps and all other T-Mobile features as usual.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    The problem I see is that it's pitched to the wrong demo. For biz users, reliability trumps cost, and you're not going to put your business' lifeline in the hands of a fresh-out-of-the-oven startup with a track record of going dark, no matter how cheap it is. Granted, that's the requirement from the carrier, but I don't see a bright future ahead, if biz users are all that they can pitch this to. Ditto for BlueGreen, now that it reportedly will tighten its sign-up requirements.
    For others who haven't seen it yet, I just made a new thread detailing how to sign-up for TelTik with business verification waived.
    Sign-Up for TelTik Mobile!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedpotato View Post
    For others who haven't seen it yet, I just made a new thread detailing how to sign-up for TelTik with business verification waived.
    Thanks bro for helping the community!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Basically all these plans have been advertised at one point or another at a cheaper rate.
    Currently the only reason to switch to one of these plans is if you missed out somewhere else.
    All plans you have to add $3 also...

$25 plan was all fees included with bluegreen (No $3 tax/fee surcharge)
    $30 plan nettalk beat it with a promo a few months ago with 10gb ($20 for first 5 months then $30.... Sim time purchase of $9.99 all taxes/surcharges included).
    $40 plan nettalk beat with their plan as stated above.
    $55 plan the old Harbor Mobile plan was $50 plus $3= $53
    $45 plan 4G Antenna Shop originally had the plan for $42.70 and $5 off that price for extra lines. Also 4GAS had the optional $25 upgrade to the plan and I think allowed international roaming on request at same t-mobile rates?.

The only thing we have yet to figure out is the business cloud features which sounds as some sort of added feature?

"All packages include our powerful office PBX cloud-phone service.
    1 cloud phone ext. included per account." Has anyone figured this out? Sounds like a gimmick and not all that important for me. Even more important does it work with google voice?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Is HM back?

I got an email from Lauren G on Nov. 3rd saying that the Harbor mobile customer service team moved over to a "New and rapidly growing" business solutions provider.

Meet Teltik(ie:Harbor Mobile 3.0)

Teltik is Business solutions provider that provides small business's with a "Business cloud phone" app and "Unlimited Wireless service".

It mentions under the plans section "All packages include our powerful office PBX Cloud-Phone Service" and "1 Cloud-Phone extension per account".

Plans offered for Wireless:
    $25/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of "High speed data" + Mobile Hotspot

$30/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and 6GB of "High speed data" with Unlimited Video Streaming + Mobile Hotspot.

$40/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of "High speed data" with Unlimited Video Streaming + Mobile Hotspot.

$55/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and data + 14GB of Mobile Hotspot.

$45/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and data + Unlimited Mobile Hotspot at up to "3G Speeds" and Video streaming at 480P. (ie: T-Mobile One).

Coming soon: "Teltik cloud phone plan" with a Dedicated business line, Virtual Receptionist, 100 outgoing minutes, Smart Voicemail, and Call recording.

Buisness features included in cloud-phone service: Call Transfer, Smart Caller ID, Buisness phone number, Hold music, Smart Voicemail, Call History and Call recording, After hours settings, Remote call pickup, Conference calls, Contact list, Call forwarding, and Do Not Disturb.

Can I bring my own phone and sim?: Yes, you can bring a T-Mobile branded phone or a Unlocked phone compatible with T-Mobile's Network. Yes you can bring your own T-Mobile sim card.

At the bottom it list's "Authorized T-Mobile Business Re-seller". Address: 731 Route 18 South East Brunswick, NJ 08816.

Link: www.teltik.com
    Last edited by Vicpdx17; 11-05-2016 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Bug fixes
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Feedback Score
    yes, seems to be the same company..
    I managed to find the original topic http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...e-reincarnated
    oddly if you try to search these forums for teltik you get no results. I was only able to find it via google

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast