Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Teltik Mobile - Harbor Mobile reincarnated?

Feedback Score
    Some of my thoughts from the original post referenced.

Harbor Mobile & Teltik can go F themselves.

From Loren's email.
    "....Our customer service team is now working closely with Teltik...."

Why the F would anybody in their right mind sign up with Teltik when HM & you (you pinned yourself Loren) cheated them out of money. Some lost their phone numbers. Your 2 days to port or lose your # on the AT&T side was WAY MESSED UP!

Harbor Mobile owes me $15. And all those now working closely with Teltik owe a public apology & to ADMIT THEY WERE WRONG & ask or FORGIVENESS to all those affected by this despicable behavior. Those that lost money (like me) have to be made whole. These apologies & asking for forgiveness should be published in many of the Cell phone info sites like Hofo, Prepaid news etc. Otherwise you guys are full of **** & still SCUM.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Keep this thread on topic. It is not for discussion of politics. Stick to discussing cellular phones and services.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score

Teltik Mobile - Harbor Mobile reincarnated?

Any former Harbor Mobile customers receive another email from teltik?

Feedback Score
    More than 1 email yes. Recently no.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    уєѕ ι яє˘єινє∂ αиσтнєя σиє тσ∂αу... ѕαмє
    єχα˘т σиє αѕ вєfσяє.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    I recently received two emails, roughly with the same content, around three days apart from one another.

What's odd is that while I was bcc'd, there were one or more other email addresses in the CC field that were not teltik nor harbormobile addresses. Each one of the emails had different people in the CC field, and the second email also included two teltik addresses.

As an aside, at the time of the mailings, I was no longer a harbormobile customer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twobytes View Post
    I recently received two emails, roughly with the same content, around three days apart from one another.

What's odd is that while I was bcc'd, there were one or more other email addresses in the CC field that were not teltik nor harbormobile addresses. Each one of the emails had different people in the CC field, and the second email also included two teltik addresses.

As an aside, at the time of the mailings, I was no longer a harbormobile customer.
    I just received my first email, sent through Google Mail, in which I was blind-copied and a stranger's address was listed in the "To:" field. The email was sent in the evening, even though it says "I am writing you this morning..."

Frankly, I find it kind of creepy that a former employee of Harbor Mobile would take customer information from Harbor's database to solicit clients for another business.

This is a clear violation of Harbor Mobile's privacy policy, which states: "HarborMobile will not, however, disclose your customer identifiable information to third parties who want to market products to you without your express, written or equivalent electronic consent. HarborMobile will not sell, trade, or disclose to third parties any customer identifiable information derived from the registration for, or use of, a HarborMobile product or service -- including customer names and addresses -- without the consent of the customer."

The privacy policy also states that "if HarborMobile is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information." No such notice has been posted on Harbor's web site. Teltik is not Harbor and has not purchased its assets.

Harbor also stated: "We will retain your information only as long as needed for business, tax and/or legal purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will destroy your information once it is no longer needed." Apparently, Harbor has not done so, since former customers who no longer have an obligation to or agreement with Harbor are being contacted. Why is our information still in Harbor's system???

We know less about Teltik than we knew about Harbor. The only person to emerge is Loren Giannace, in her early 30s, who seems to have no visible Internet presence other than a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/loren.giannace) and conflicting references to her present or former employer, Amcest, an alarm-monitoring company that seems to operate out of the same Walnut St., Roselle, N.J., address as Harbor.

Earlier in this thread, I wondered whatever happened to David Goodman, who appeared to be the principal at Harbor when it began offering service. We have no idea what happened to Mr. Goodman or why Ms. Giannace is no longer at Harbor. Questions raised about the relationship between Harbor and Teltik have gone unanswered. This might not be so important were it not for the open question about why Harbor stopped selling service twice (from two different carriers) and abruptly ended service from one of them.

I had no complaints about the service I had with Harbor. I left them voluntarily. Loren provided excellent customer service for Harbor.

But I am wary of an employee taking a client list to start a new business, especially when it clearly violates a company's privacy policy and when so many things about the new business remain unclear.

Everyone has their own comfort level with entrepreneurships. In my opinion, this is a clear case of "let the buyer beware."

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, and a Google Pixel 2 on the way
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    Keep this thread on topic. It is not for discussion of politics. Stick to discussing cellular phones and services.
    Thanks for that!

Oh and I've been using this service for over a month and it's been great as well as the service I've received in a couple messages I sent them. Jake and Shlomo were great and replied to my questions right away. I would definitely recommend these guys to friends or family.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, and a Google Pixel 2 on the way
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    One quick question though...is that $45 plan the equivalent of that T-Mobile one plan for $75? Does that plan really let you tether at 3G speeds?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Is their website working for anyone?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magicski View Post
    Is their website working for anyone?
    I tried it just for fun and it does look like the site is down.

Sent from my LGLS740 using HoFo mobile app
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Royemunson View Post
    Thanks for that!

Oh and I've been using this service for over a month and it's been great as well as the service I've received in a couple messages I sent them. Jake and Shlomo were great and replied to my questions right away. I would definitely recommend these guys to friends or family.
    Well ya, it's great while it lasts but who knows when it'll come crashing down like their other attempts did...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Well ya, it's great while it lasts but who knows when it'll come crashing down like their other attempts did...

Website is up and running again.

Device(s)
    Moto G3, Nexus 5X, Robin, LG Gpad X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Unlimited Data Pass, Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    Majicski, I find no difference in speeds between Nettalk Wireless and MintSim. I don't care about T-Mobile Tuesdays. $50 for 3 months is a good price with Mintsim. Hotspot works well now on both devices since I changed APN type. Same exact plans in terms of data allowances and unlimited talk/text.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    Majicski, I find no difference in speeds between Nettalk Wireless and MintSim. I don't care about T-Mobile Tuesdays. $50 for 3 months is a good price with Mintsim. Hotspot works well now on both devices since I changed APN type. Same exact plans in terms of data allowances and unlimited talk/text.
    $30 for 10GB with music freedom, binge on, wifi calling etc... are also some additional benefits not offered via traditional mvno's. both nettalk and teltik along with 4GAS have the added benefits. For me I enjoy using the added benefits without paying the post paid prices. Basically it all comes down to your own usage.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast