Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Verizon vs iPhone data counter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    And yet, my usage matches what I am using.
    https://www.wirelessweek.com/news/20...rge-data-usage

Feedback Score
    So the OS is using data that isn't actually being used?

Feedback Score
    My prediction; FCC will levy a heavy fine against vzw for false billing.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My prediction is the FCC will yawn and Verizon has nothing to be concerned about

Sent from my SM-P900 using HoFo mobile app
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I experienced a couple gigs increase in data usage this month and I have a Android.

Moto Z Droid on Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I started the day off yesterday at 231 MB's, ended it at 246 (on my phones counter). Put it in airplane before bed and woke up today to 19.4 MB's billed since yesterday morning. bit by bit it's all adding up, WTF is going on here? I'm afraid it might turn into one of those "hundreds of GB's used overnight" things. (not that it should, I have safety mode on...)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    So I started the day off yesterday at 231 MB's, ended it at 246 (on my phones counter). Put it in airplane before bed and woke up today to 19.4 MB's billed since yesterday morning. bit by bit it's all adding up, WTF is going on here? I'm afraid it might turn into one of those "hundreds of GB's used overnight" things. (not that it should, I have safety mode on...)
    I'd have a real problem with this if I was in your shoes. No reason for them to be counting a single byte more than what the phone uses. Note this is different from thephone's counter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    I'd have a real problem with this if I was in your shoes. No reason for them to be counting a single byte more than what the phone uses. Note this is different from thephone's counter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    I do have a big problem with it. I'm rather upset, I was very happy with them otherwise and am finding this to be turning into a deal breaker. I'm gonna try to be patient and continue observation though, I'm actually starting to notice a pattern of when this over billing occurs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Wow dude, that's not fair.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile at&t prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I'm seeing similar issues and I've tested it with both an iPhone and Android phones. I dont see near the discrepancy with att so it's prob a Verizon issue from my experience.

The good news is I'm covered with safety data.

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon vs iPhone data counter

Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I'm seeing similar issues and I've tested it with both an iPhone and Android phones. I dont see near the discrepancy with att so it's prob a Verizon issue from my experience.

The good news is I'm covered with safety data.

Do you know how much you've been overbilled? I used 433 MB's since Tuesday and they've deducted 452.6 over the exact same period. We'll see what it all amounts to at the end of my cycle.

I just did the exact same experiment with my T-Mobile iPad data line as my iPhone and it's deducting exactly what my iPad shows me using. Started at 159 MB's left, used 33.9 according to iPad, and now TMO shows 125 MB's left.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile at&t prepaid
    Feedback Score
    From looking at the phones and comparing what they say I used and the vz amount, it appears to be around 300mb total give or take a few. With att I seem to be within 5mb so definitely a difference. Now my tests arent scientific but definitely show a difference in my opinion

I reset each phone to help get an accurate picture with my usage at the time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    My prediction is the FCC will yawn and Verizon has nothing to be concerned about

Sent from my SM-P900 using HoFo mobile app
    I hope you're wrong. As a whole, this is a pretty big issue. Imagine all those overage fees they're raking in because they're fudging a MB here and a MB there in their favor. That's some very serious cash with the number of subs they have.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon vs iPhone data counter

Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    From looking at the phones and comparing what they say I used and the vz amount, it appears to be around 300mb total give or take a few. With att I seem to be within 5mb so definitely a difference. Now my tests arent scientific but definitely show a difference in my opinion

I reset each phone to help get an accurate picture with my usage at the time.

How many gigs has your line used? I'm around 10 and it overbilled about 300+ MB's worth. I wasn't doing anything scientific or even paying very close attention until I saw my phone showing 9.4 gigs while VZ showed 9.755. Now I'm keeping track very closely and making notes at start of day, mid day, and end of day.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile at&t prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Yeah it adds up

I'm on 2gb and safety mode hit right when I got there definitely no grace period data wise. When i really started noticing it I was just shy of 1gb

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast