Thread: Verizon vs iPhone data counter

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Mine reset so well see how it goes this cycle

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I ended up with a little bit of carryover data even though I was in safety mode close to 2 weeks. I burned through everything. Def not complaining since every bit helps

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok here is the data for the 10-20 through 11-19 billing cycle. My device shows: 9.8 GB's and my Verizon bill says: 10.041 GB's. Not as big a difference as the prior cycle.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon vs iPhone data counter

Another update to Verizon's over counting antics; things were steady for the last 7 months or so and now on this current cycle they're way over counting compared to usual. Just for comparison, I used 14.1 GB's during my December cycle and they clocked me at 14.5. This month so far, starting off this morning, I was at 14.4 GB's used according to my phone and they're showing me at 15.2. That's 800 MB's over!

The highest I've been overcounted before this was 6-700 MB's and I had used around 27 GB's that cycle.

I have since been able to compare with the other three carriers and none of them over count data use like this. For example: I used 134 GB's on AT&T according to my device, and that's exactly what they reported.

Feedback Score
    When I had Verizon, this was a constant issue. Our 14GB bucket always mysteriously disappeared way faster than our phones recorded. It was especially bad when we traveled overseas and didn't get the daily travel pass, choosing instead to buy a couple hundred GB at a time. Huge mistake as the data was "used up" and we occurred huge overages. They blatantly ripped us off; I have no doubt about that. That and their crappy signal made it easy to switch carriers and I would never go back to Verizon again. In my experience, no one nickel and dimes (or in our case, hundreds of dollars) like that company does.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Now I'm at 15.4 GB's and they have me at 16.3. Idk how it jumped 100 MB's in just 1 GB of usage. I wish there was a way to bring this to the light at Verizon and get them to fix it.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    When I had Verizon, this was a constant issue. Our 14GB bucket always mysteriously disappeared way faster than our phones recorded. It was especially bad when we traveled overseas and didn't get the daily travel pass, choosing instead to buy a couple hundred GB at a time. Huge mistake as the data was "used up" and we occurred huge overages. They blatantly ripped us off; I have no doubt about that. That and their crappy signal made it easy to switch carriers and I would never go back to Verizon again. In my experience, no one nickel and dimes (or in our case, hundreds of dollars) like that company does.
    I got tired of their antics also. It worked out though since it made me try TMobile postpaid again and things are going great
    Sent from my windows phone

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Now I'm at 15.4 GB's and they have me at 16.3. Idk how it jumped 100 MB's in just 1 GB of usage. I wish there was a way to bring this to the light at Verizon and get them to fix it.
    I could rarely get accurate data also. It seemed to jump up much much faster

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7