Thread: Massive Layoffs were you let go

Feedback Score

Massive Layoffs were you let go

Sorry to hear about the greed at big red

Did you get let go and what job did you have and what market were you from

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I have a friend in va beach thats prob getting let go shortly. He works in a corporate store at the door checking people in seeing what they need etc. He's only been there for two months and was using it to get his foot in the door to move to sales eventually. The best case could happen where they offer him placement somewhere else or at another store but doesn't look like it as of yet and he's so new

From what he was saying his position may combine with one or two other ones to cut down on the number of employees needed. His exact words, with the billions verizon makes you would think that would do more for the employees that stand by them.

The big question i have is how many affected will be offered jobs in other positions/locations versus the ones that are just out?

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by themanhimself; 10-13-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    According to the Associated Press, Verizon is closing call centers in five states. The closings will impact 3,200 employees, 2,600 of which will be losing their jobs permanently.

Some 850 jobs will be lost at the two New York locations, including 600 in Henrietta, outside Rochester. In California, 700 jobs are being cut and another 300 are being relocated. The other cuts include 320 in Nebraska, 200 in Maine and 550 in Connecticut. Another 175 jobs at a customer service facility in Huntsville, Alabama, are being relocated to Hanover, Maryland, the company said.

Feedback Score
    I've also seen post of store reps, national retail, and indirect

Carrier(s)
    One Verizon UDP, Six lines T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why is everyone so upset over this? It's a corporation, they decide how they would like to make money and where. I get that people are losing their livelihood, but it's the same as any other business making budget cuts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Some indirects are having things changed around, no cuts but other changes iv herd.

Feedback Score
    Changes to Indirects like what?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    Changes to Indirects like what?
    Lower pay a friend told me...wonder if anyone had herd anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Lower pay a friend told me...wonder if anyone had herd anything.
    That's always a common with Verizon and indirect lower pay

They still have the big 6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilwisucks View Post
    That's always a common with Verizon and indirect lower pay

They still have the big 6
    Like massively lower pay, basically getting paid like a cashier at Walmart. He might be leaving.

Feedback Score
    Hearing from a friend that a big indirect just let go a ton of staff nationwide. Trouble ahead for some of the big 6?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Indirect commissions have not had any negative changes to speak of in forever. Overall sales are down though, which may be prompting dealers to cut back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
    Indirect commissions have not had any negative changes to speak of in forever. Overall sales are down though, which may be prompting dealers to cut back.
    They are cutting back hard from what Iv herd. My friend is worried about what will happen next.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    According to the Associated Press, Verizon is closing call centers in five states. The closings will impact 3,200 employees, 2,600 of which will be losing their jobs permanently.

Some 850 jobs will be lost at the two New York locations, including 600 in Henrietta, outside Rochester. In California, 700 jobs are being cut and another 300 are being relocated. The other cuts include 320 in Nebraska, 200 in Maine and 550 in Connecticut. Another 175 jobs at a customer service facility in Huntsville, Alabama, are being relocated to Hanover, Maryland, the company said.
    Which would explain why they're actively hiring in Hanover, MD, as well. This might be a good time for me to get on board as a Customer Service Rep for Business & Government Clients, with what appears to be great pay and benefits, but now I'm wondering if it would even be a good, secure job? The number of layoffs and call center closings has now got me worried.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Which would explain why they're actively hiring in Hanover, MD, as well. This might be a good time for me to get on board as a Customer Service Rep for Business & Government Clients, with what appears to be great pay and benefits, but now I'm wondering if it would even be a good, secure job? The number of layoffs and call center closings has now got me worried.
    I don't think it would be stable. We are just seeing the start of Verizon's slide imho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast