Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Massive Layoffs were you let go

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I don't think it would be stable. We are just seeing the start of Verizon's slide imho.
    Get on Verizon land line if you can... those are unionized

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it would be stable. We are just seeing the start of Verizon's slide imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Get on Verizon land line if you can... those are unionized
    So far, I haven't seen any job listings for Verizon Land Line jobs. I'm not really surprised, though... in this area, unionized jobs with major companies can be hard to come by, as there's usually very long waiting lists to get them.

Equally important, as someone that has a grandfathered-in Business Unlimited Data Plan on a Consumer Account (thanks to an Assumption Of Liability on my part) I know that working as a VZW Business CSR will give me direct access to my account via the computer system that would allow me to make changes to my account (i.e. adding Talk & Text, or other features) WITHOUT losing my UDP! And being on the inside like that would also let me be privy to "insider info" about how to protect my UDP so that I don't lose it during Big Red's ongoing war against UDP customers.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    So far, I haven't seen any job listings for Verizon Land Line jobs. I'm not really surprised, though... in this area, unionized jobs with major companies can be hard to come by, as there's usually very long waiting lists to get them.

Equally important, as someone that has a grandfathered-in Business Unlimited Data Plan on a Consumer Account (thanks to an Assumption Of Liability on my part) I know that working as a VZW Business CSR will give me direct access to my account via the computer system that would allow me to make changes to my account (i.e. adding Talk & Text, or other features) WITHOUT losing my UDP! And being on the inside like that would also let me be privy to "insider info" about how to protect my UDP so that I don't lose it during Big Red's ongoing war against UDP customers.
    Opening your own account as a Verizon employee is a quick way to see the front door Iv been so told.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Opening your own account as a Verizon employee is a quick way to see the front door Iv been so told.
    What do you mean? I already have my own account with a UDP, so I'll need some more clarification as to what you mean.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    What do you mean? I already have my own account with a UDP, so I'll need some more clarification as to what you mean.
    I mean that if you work for Verizon you can't look up your own account while on the job. It's a violation of policy

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I mean that if you work for Verizon you can't look up your own account while on the job. It's a violation of policy
    This. Against policy to access your own account with anything other than My Verizon. And yes, they do monitor it.

Feedback Score
    If you work in a call center you can't even have your phone out either for risk of taking pictures of something. And no writing because you could write something down from an account. At least in an outsourced center locally.

Feedback Score
    Yes it is you are not allowed to acces your account

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    If you work in a call center you can't even have your phone out either for risk of taking pictures of something. And no writing because you could write something down from an account. At least in an outsourced center locally.
    Well there's one job I could never have. I have a serious smart phone addiction.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
    This. Against policy to access your own account with anything other than My Verizon. And yes, they do monitor it.
    Well there's one job I could never have. I have a serious smart phone addiction.
    I agree with fgpalm. The benefits would be great, but the work environment is night and day different compared to what a friend and former co-worker enjoys as a Level 2 Tech Support Rep for Comcast. They are, apparently, a much more progressive and modern workplace compared to Verizon, much more focused on keeping their employees happy, and with good morale. If the call center he works at wasn't so far from my house (1˝-2 hours away) I'd actually see if my friend could get me into the same job.

Feedback Score
    Another round of layoffs and hour cuts this time front line employees at one of the big six? Bankruptcy or store closings soon? Doesn't look good from what my friend is telling me.

Feedback Score
    Which big six?

Feedback Score
    Which big six?
    I think he said it was cellular connection or something like that??

Feedback Score
    I think he said it was cellular connection or something like that??
    Oh wow. I'd love to know more about this!

Feedback Score
    Oh wow. I'd love to know more about this!
    Me too man, sounds bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2