Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 4GCommunity.org unlimited Sprint Hotspot LTE service

Feedback Score

4GCommunity.org unlimited Sprint Hotspot LTE service

Saw this on Slickdeals, and just purchased their 12 month service $250+$15 for membership & shipping.

I've been waiting for Unlimitedville deal, but they only have the $100 a month service + $100 equipment fee going.

http://www.4gcommunity.org/community-store/

I spoke to their rep a while ago, it's LTE (not LTE+) service, so max d/l speed up to 30mb as I was told. They offer a 1 year limited warranty on the device, can't use the sim in other devices though.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for being the guinea pig. Please report on your experience.

Whois: https://who.is/whois/4gcommunity.org

Todd Snyder on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/todd-snyder-071abb64

Feedback Score
    I guess I'll be...

Before I moved to this new place, I called the stupid Hotwire ISP that's the only option offered over here. They informed me that they offer 100/30 fiber service. After signing the lease and while the tech guy (fantastic guy by the way) installing their service, he informed me that it's just cable (WTF) and the apartment building across the street has Fiber.

During the daytime, service disconnects all over the place; at night can barely load normal webpages sometimes; forget about watching youtube.

I grabbed a pre funded simple mobile sim, tried tons of different ways to have the freaking thing tether through USB to my PC, then bridge that connection to my DD-WRT router; no success.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zolo111 View Post
    I guess I'll be...

Before I moved to this new place, I called the stupid Hotwire ISP that's the only option offered over here. They informed me that they offer 100/30 fiber service. After signing the lease and while the tech guy (fantastic guy by the way) installing their service, he informed me that it's just cable (WTF) and the apartment building across the street has Fiber.

During the daytime, service disconnects all over the place; at night can barely load normal webpages sometimes; forget about watching youtube.

I grabbed a pre funded simple mobile sim, tried tons of different ways to have the freaking thing tether through USB to my PC, then bridge that connection to my DD-WRT router; no success.
    I was never able to get DDWRT to recognize my USB stick, but I have a Tomato router set up and running with a USB modem and a FreedomPop SIM for remote thermostat monitoring. Works great. If your router supports it, I'd suggest a USB modem and Tomato firmware.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a usb modem, I use my clll phone(s).
    I wonder if that'd work. But then I guess Simplemobile will block the tethering..

I called my CC company and was told that I have 2 months to dispute the charge, after that I might be liable (in case this company closes shop early), and not get the money back. I thought they'd cover my a**.

Damn this ISP monoply, I had verizon 25mb service for a year & a half, not a single problem.

Feedback Score
    I'm confused, what is the difference between the $250 12 month plan and the $185 12 month plan?

Feedback Score
    @OP, unless you have a rooted/jailbroken phone, I doubt tether will work. I don't see hotspot advertised in Simple Mobile's plans, which means it's likely blocked by default.

I still have a couple of old Linksys'es on DD-WRT because their flash is too small for anything better. But I skipped on DD a while ago. Too buggy, and too much of a chore to find a workable ROM version. Tomato (Shibby) is more limited, but actually better device support and more reliable. OpenWRT is the most flexible/reliable for both software capability and device support/availability. But the caveat is that you kinda have to know Linux.

@Qt0, the $250 plan has the hotspot bundled. The $185 charges for the hotspot separately, $17 x 6 = $102 extra. If you've an existing Fuse, see if it can be activated, in which case you might be able to get the plan sans hardware for $168.

Feedback Score
    I received shipping info, should arrive Monday. I'll update with results.

Feedback Score
    Saw this on Slickdeals, and just purchased their 12 month service $250+$15 for membership & shipping.

I've been waiting for Unlimitedville deal, but they only have the $100 a month service + $100 equipment fee going.

http://www.4gcommunity.org/community-store/

I spoke to their rep a while ago, it's LTE (not LTE+) service, so max d/l speed up to 30mb as I was told. They offer a 1 year limited warranty on the device, can't use the sim in other devices though.

Thoughts?
    interesting that they say it doesn't include LTE+. is that because of the devices they are using don't support it or is it some sort of provision in the plan that only allows LTE?

Feedback Score
    I believe that it has something to do with Sprint having to sell their LTE service cheap to low income or something, which is how it's possible that we get this service for a lower price through resellers.

Their rep informed me that it won't work with other modems; hopefully someone who has an LTE+ capable device will test it, I don't have one.

Feedback Score
    So I received the device today, download speeds 8mb to 15mb, while upload at 10mb @ full bars LTE, not LTE+. Which is too slow for my needs.

I don't have an LTE+ modem to test and see if it'd work or not.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is it subject to the throttling of video and audio like on the unlimited data plans for smartphones?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure, I watched some youtube videos and it was working fine. Do you mean like capped at 480P or something?

Feedback Score
    So I received the device today, download speeds 8mb to 15mb, while upload at 10mb @ full bars LTE, not LTE+. Which is too slow for my needs.

I don't have an LTE+ modem to test and see if it'd work or not.
    what hotspot did they send you?

Feedback Score
    Franklin R850
    heh, sorry.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast