Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 4GCommunity.org unlimited Sprint Hotspot LTE service

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zolo111 View Post
    I'm not sure, I watched some youtube videos and it was working fine. Do you mean like capped at 480P or something?
    Yes. 10char

Feedback Score
    I played some 1080p & 4K videos on youtube, didn't have any trouble; other than 4K videos buffering.

Feedback Score
    Franklin R850
    heh, sorry.
    Interesting, do you know anyone with Sprint around you and if they are getting similar speeds? May just be that Sprint hasn't really upgraded your area. I think I got around 12 megabit when I used them. I decided in investing something more expensive for a better carrier was more worth it.

Feedback Score
    We did a speedtest on a friend's galaxy s7e running on LTE+ though; we were getting 27mb indoors, & +70mb outdoors.

While using the R850 on LTE I'm getting 14-19mb indoors; then goes down to 7-8mb at times.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody else considered using this service as a DSL / Cable Internet replacement?

Feedback Score
    zolo111, what kind of ping times are you getting using that hotspot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Has anybody else considered using this service as a DSL / Cable Internet replacement?
    really depends on the state of cable or dsl in your area.

biggest risk to these kinds of plans is that sprint could terminate these plans at a moment's notice or the company reselling the service could go belly up.

Feedback Score
    @ Shade00

Ping low 30's to upper 50's.

I'm in the process of returning/disconnecting the service. Speeds over LTE is all over the place using the provided franklin R850, but mostly 7-10mb d/l; no matter where I place the stupid thing.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently using TWC 15/1 cable service that costs $35/mo.

From the Sprint maps, it looks like I would have the 2nd best Sprint LTE reception at my house.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Can the Netgear Fuse Mobile Hotspot or Franklin R850 Mobile Hotspot be hooked up to a WiFi router in order to connect more than the 10 WiFi devices allowed by the Fuse and R850 hardware?

We currently have 17 WiFi devices connected to the Netgear N300 WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C3000 currently being used with the TWC 15/1 cable service.

Feedback Score
    I've been using the sprint unlimitedville plan and put the sim in the mc7455 modem in generic mode. Ive been using this for a few months. So far its the only way i have seen anyone able to swap a sim on a sprint device without sprint noticing. Im betting its the same case with this plan also. And im also betting that lte+ will work once you do this. Just my theory anyway. Im stuck with a 2 year contract with sprint on the unlimitedville for $$45 a month so i cant justify canceling this plan and paying the $$200 early termination fee without knowing for sure

Feedback Score
    It doesn't appear to have any income or any other requirements. Is that right? If so this is good for a larger number of people. For those that qualify for the requirements on the PC's for People website I think it works out to be a better deal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    >download speeds 8mb to 15mb, while upload at 10mb @ full bars LTE, not LTE+. Which is too slow for my needs.

@zolo111, thanks for the feedback. I'm curious how fast you require the connection to be? 8-15 Mb/s would be pretty good IMO for wireless, given an unboosted hotspot. Depending on your location and topography, I doubt you can do much better w/o use of a booster or external antenna. A heavy downloader can hit 1TB/month with a 10 Mb/s pipe w/o much effort.

Sprint LTE+ AFAIK is a rebrand of Sprint Spark, which in turn was Sprint's marketing name for "carrier aggregation" (CA). The branding change is less than a year ago, so many older Sprint equipment won't sport the LTE+ moniker. Netgear Fuse is an older widget, and is Spark (aka LTE+) compatible. A Franklin R850 review reports that the R850 supports LTE+, but lacks 3G fallback, and no antenna ports.

http://rvmobileinternet.com/review-c...nklin-wireless

>Can the Netgear Fuse Mobile Hotspot or Franklin R850 Mobile Hotspot be hooked up to a WiFi router in order to connect more than the 10 WiFi devices allowed by the Fuse and R850 hardware?

Both the Fuse and R850 can be tethered via USB to PC, and presumably to a router with USB and 3G/4G modem support. Some people here favor specialty routers like Pepwave and CradlePoint for turnkey solutions, but some standard routers, eg Asus, also have USB modem support. As mentioned, aftermarket firmware like OpenWRT also should support the two above via USB.

Alternatively, you can link via wireless (wifi). Simplest is a standard repeater that acts as a second router. All your devices connect to this 2nd router, which the hotspot sees as one device. Some routers can be set up as repeaters (again, probably Asus), and aftermarket firmwares also have this function.

But if you have a working cable/DSL connection, probably best to stick with that, even if you pay more. For Internet access, the most important concern is reliability, and a wired solution is more reliable than wireless.

Feedback Score
    We did a speedtest on a friend's galaxy s7e running on LTE+ though; we were getting 27mb indoors, & +70mb outdoors.

While using the R850 on LTE I'm getting 14-19mb indoors; then goes down to 7-8mb at times.
    if possible, could you tell us what LTE band you are on? curious if they are blocking band 41 outright

Feedback Score
    I notice the device is powered by a battery.
    Question: Can it be left plugged in with the ac charger for all-day use, without monitoring, or must you charge it, run it from the battery, and then recharge?

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast