Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 4GCommunity.org unlimited Sprint Hotspot LTE service

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mo832 View Post
    I notice the device is powered by a battery.
    Question: Can it be left plugged in with the ac charger for all-day use, without monitoring, or must you charge it, run it from the battery, and then recharge?
    probably like all the others, you can keep it plugged it, but you also have to keep the battery inside, otherwise if you plug it in w/o a battery then it won't turn on. The downside of this would be excessive heat build up and constant charging of the battery (unless it has some smart circuitry to stop itself).

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    My R850 works without the battery while plugged into my Anchor 60W 6 USB port charger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    My R850 works without the battery while plugged into my Anchor 60W 6 USB port charger.
    Thats good to know, that at least one does. I've been trying to do some research into which Sprint hotspots can and can't be powered by a/c only. From what I've read, seems like the Netgear Fuse and ZTE pocket wi-fi will not fully boot up without the battery. In the case of the Fuse, I've read that a message "No battery" will also appear on the hotspot. Was not sure about the others

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Thats good to know, that at least one does. I've been trying to do some research into which Sprint hotspots can and can't be powered by a/c only. From what I've read, seems like the Netgear Fuse and ZTE pocket wi-fi will not fully boot up without the battery. In the case of the Fuse, I've read that a message "No battery" will also appear on the hotspot. Was not sure about the others
    I've wondered about this issue with the T-Mobile ZTE MF915s I use. I think I'd read somewhere it was not good to leave it plugged in for charging all the time (even though the circuitry theoretically protects the unit and battery from overcharging). I've thought about using a simple household wall-wart timer so that the unit would be charged just a few hours per day.

Feedback Score
    The downside of this would be excessive heat build up and constant charging of the battery (unless it has some smart circuitry to stop itself).
    You can't possibly have a Li-Ion battery WITHOUT "smart circuitry" regulating the charging.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcxb View Post
    You can't possibly have a Li-Ion battery WITHOUT "smart circuitry" regulating the charging.
    I've had two hotspots with lithium ion batteries get bloated and leak.. whatever is inside of them. While plugged in they would get very hot. It would stay hot for hours upon hours even when not being used. Even if plugged in and at or close to 100% they'll still trickle charge which isn't good for batteries in the long run.

Feedback Score
    the netgear zing also works without the battery when plugged into ac. thats' the device I recieved from the sprint unlimited plan from unlimitedville

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ih8Greg View Post
    I've been using the sprint unlimitedville plan and put the sim in the mc7455 modem in generic mode. Ive been using this for a few months. So far its the only way i have seen anyone able to swap a sim on a sprint device without sprint noticing. Im betting its the same case with this plan also. And im also betting that lte+ will work once you do this. Just my theory anyway. Im stuck with a 2 year contract with sprint on the unlimitedville for $$45 a month so i cant justify canceling this plan and paying the $$200 early termination fee without knowing for sure
    I've confirmed that these sims work in a MOFI Sim4 which has the MC7455. I do not however have Band 41 available in my area so I'm unable to confirm whether or not carrier aggregation works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    I've wondered about this issue with the T-Mobile ZTE MF915s I use. I think I'd read somewhere it was not good to leave it plugged in for charging all the time (even though the circuitry theoretically protects the unit and battery from overcharging). I've thought about using a simple household wall-wart timer so that the unit would be charged just a few hours per day.
    We have a couple of these for turning various things (outdoor pet heat pad & hot water circulating pump in bsmt) on & off. Good to hear at least one of the hotspots works w/o the battery, allowing this to be used to lessen some of the on time. With the battery required hotspots this remote on/off won't do much.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

Going to give 4gCommunity a try. If it works, I'll probably hand it off to my parents to use. They're completely wireless and currently using an AT&T hotspot on my plan. I'll post my results in a couple weeks after testing out the device.

Eric

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

I ordered one of the hotspots from 4gcommunity. I received a Franklin R850. I've been using it for the past week or so and it seems to work fine. I'm in a rural area, about 4 miles from the cell tower and getting speeds of 5-8 mbps down, better than my DSL. Going to send it to my parents to use as they are completely wireless. They have great Sprint coverage where they live, so it should work fine.

I see that 4gcommunity is now offering a couple other hostpots in addition to the Franklin R850. Prices are higher and the service plan (after a year) is also higher. It looks like the other two hotspots cover more bands (3g/4g lte/spark).

Eric

Eric

Feedback Score
    Food for thought: I doubt this would work but did anyone by any chance try to swap their sim to another Sprint hotspot device that they just happen to own? Also, if anyone has tried their newer devices (netgear 6100d and zte pocket wifi) let us know the speeds your getting!

Feedback Score
    This doesn't not answer that question, but I can give some feedback on the 6100D. It is not very good. I got one about 8 months ago for $30 through freedompop, and for a sprint spark device it got slower speeds than a 4yr old non sprint spark hotspot that I had. Then I read people getting better speeds if they disabled some of the bands and only forced it to connect to band 25. Seemed counterintuitive and kind of defeated the purpose of sprint spark, but it worked. I went from 1-2Mb/s to around 8 or 9.

Overall I felt very disappointed by it b/c it also seemingly did not have the range or could lock onto the signal as good as the older hotspot that I had previously. Again, one would think it would have been the opposite since the 6100D had 2 external antennas, where the old hotspot had none. Overall it is definitely not worth the extra cost that I see in these plans. Also, the 6100D only got 1 firmware update and seemingly was abandoned by netgear.

Feedback Score
    I returned the device and got my money back, surprisingly good customer service. I was getting 8-10mb d/l which was too slow for my needs, the device was connected to LTE not LTE+. I didn't have another modem to test if LTE+ would work, and no one reported if this works.

But I see now that they offer LTE+ service for a higher price, could you guys report back with results please? Or if someone can test the sim card in an LTE+ device?

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    after you buy the hotspot, $255 for 12 months works out to $21.25 per month for unlimited data. that's not too bad.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast