Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Thread: 4GCommunity.org unlimited Sprint Hotspot LTE service

Feedback Score
    I was able to order a ZTE Warp Connect at pcsforpeople for my daughter who meets their income requirements. I warned her it could quit anytime in the future, but she was OK with that. I just paid my "membership" fee with 4G a month ago for 6 months. So they're still actively sending out bills for service. I'm prepared to reconnect my DSL if need be, but 4G has been so much better.

Personal opinion is that the great deal will end soon, but not necessarily due to a possible Tmobile Sprint merger. I doubt the current admin will approve such a reduction of the number of cell phone companies available to the consumers. The US does not like monopolies of any sort. As price gouging tends to happen. Strange as the object is to get as large as possible but not to large in business.

More likely that Sprint's lawyers will challenge all of these accounts and somehow pull off a win.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ablinkin View Post
    I was able to order a ZTE Warp Connect at pcsforpeople for my daughter who meets their income requirements. I warned her it could quit anytime in the future, but she was OK with that. I just paid my "membership" fee with 4G a month ago for 6 months. So they're still actively sending out bills for service. I'm prepared to reconnect my DSL if need be, but 4G has been so much better.

Personal opinion is that the great deal will end soon, but not necessarily due to a possible Tmobile Sprint merger. I doubt the current admin will approve such a reduction of the number of cell phone companies available to the consumers. The US does not like monopolies of any sort. As price gouging tends to happen. Strange as the object is to get as large as possible but not to large in business.

More likely that Sprint's lawyers will challenge all of these accounts and somehow pull off a win.
    the tmobile/sprint merger is just a smokescreen that 4gc is using imo considering that they don't have an agreement with sprint and they are the only non profit that is having this issue

my guess is they are making too much money to be considered non profit OR they were suppose to be requiring income verification for people signing up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ablinkin View Post
    ....Personal opinion is that the great deal will end soon, but not necessarily due to a possible Tmobile Sprint merger. I doubt the current admin will approve such a reduction of the number of cell phone companies available to the consumers. The US does not like monopolies of any sort. As price gouging tends to happen. Strange as the object is to get as large as possible but not to large in business.

If TM & Sprint want the merger it's a done deal. More so than any time this merger has been discussed.

About 4GC I don't know.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If TM & Sprint want the merger it's a done deal. More so than any time this merger has been discussed.

About 4GC I don't know.
    Personal opinion - 4GCommunity, along with all other Mobile Citizen resellers, is safe, for the long haul, regardless of merger. Its a court settlement - even bankruptcy wouldn't undo it, since the spectrum is tied up.

The only threat to the 4GCommunity offers is degradation/saturation/congestion/abuse, and I don't see that being an issue so long as deprioritization continues as a permitted practice.

As for the merger, agreed, its a done deal if they want it. There are no grounds to oppose it.

Whether its good for consumers, who knows. TMobile has been good for us, Sprint has been good for us, though they could use better management and engineering - thus, the combined firm may be an improvement.

Either way, it won't keep me up at night.
    Broadband/Wireless, Utility/Energy, Entertainment, Nutrition and Transportation costs are controllable and limited in growth compared to Housing, Insurance, Healthcare, Legal, Regulatory and Tax expenses which continue to soar.

Feedback Score
    Any service provider that suspends adding new service for months has severe underlying problems, and one foot in the grave, and a real possibility of going out of business. In general, the cash flow hit is too severe for them to survive. There are exceptions but the odds are not favorable overall.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Any service provider that suspends adding new service for months has severe underlying problems, and one foot in the grave, and a real possibility of going out of business. In general, the cash flow hit is too severe for them to survive. There are exceptions but the odds are not favorable overall.
    That doesn't seem to be true for Harbor Mobile or BlueGreen Mobile, at least not yet, and it's been a LONG time for both of them. But only time will tell how it will turn out for 4GCommunity.org...

Feedback Score
    Oh maybe 4GC & others hit a maximum number of subscribers. And that's why they're in stasis.

Feedback Score
    How many non profits are there that provide these 4G LTE Internet Plans? Turns out mine is from Techsoup/Mobile Beacon as the landlord that I got it from said he is apart of a non profit organization or something... He was by for only a brief moment today so I don’t know the specifics..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That doesn't seem to be true for Harbor Mobile or BlueGreen Mobile, at least not yet, and it's been a LONG time for both of them. But only time will tell how it will turn out for ...
    I would consider those firms effectively out of business (even if arrangements were made for legacy customers to continue).

The spectrum use that 4GCommunity was selling to any and all (at a markup in commercial fashion) derived from free grants of the spectrum use given by Congress in the name of the public interest to educational broadcasters (who leased the spectrum to Clear, now Sprint).

Mobile Citizen was at fault in not using narrow definitions of what prganizations should be eligible to take part in its programs that the Court approved as replacements relating to the demise of WiMax. But I do not think that the mere fact that Mobile Citizen was sloppy in its language entitles quasi commercial companies (even if disguised as "nonprofits") to compete with commercial companies who have to pay commercial prices to carriers. Congress never intended the original grant of spectrum for public purposes to ultimately be sold off in the form of Internet Service to any and all in competition with businesses that have to pay commercial rates, where there is no semblance of a real charitable or educational purpose.

Last edited by comintel; 10-01-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Feedback Score
    Ih8Greg, WRONT WRONG WRONG WRONG!

A FUSE will work perfectly on the plan. I was one of the FEW that pulled this off. But it does require a bit of legwork. Get ahold of a Sprint upper executive and network operations, and they can have it working in a second. It just requires them entering the serial number of the device into the correct provisioning system. When the device hits the system for activation, it will reprogram the firmware from BOOST to SPRINT. I can post a picture of mine if you'd like.

So, obviously, you don't know what YOU are talking about Ih8Greg (since you are always correcting me).

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8Greg View Post
    Boost device is not possible. It is branded.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ase1313 View Post
    If this is correct, does this mean I could get a Boost branded Netgear Fuse working

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    Ih8Greg, WRONT WRONG WRONG WRONG!

A FUSE will work perfectly on the plan. I was one of the FEW that pulled this off. But it does require a bit of legwork. Get ahold of a Sprint upper executive and network operations, and they can have it working in a second. It just requires them entering the serial number of the device into the correct provisioning system. When the device hits the system for activation, it will reprogram the firmware from BOOST to SPRINT. I can post a picture of mine if you'd like.

So, obviously, you don't know what YOU are talking about Ih8Greg (since you are always correcting me).

Quote Originally Posted by ase1313 View Post
    If this is correct, does this mean I could get a Boost branded Netgear Fuse working
    So greg is correct then (not you the other greg). A Boost Fuse doesn't work. A modified Fuse may work if you are lucky enough to get Sprint to change it. But a modified Fuse isn't really a Boost Fuse anymore is it?

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @BonzTM - You're my hero. I'm in a similar situation, but just 1.7 miles from the Sprint Band 41 tower. I have a pretty good thicket of tall trees blocking me, so I'm very interested in your ability to pierce foliage. Would you elaborate on how good or bad your LOS is? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    CAL7, Thanks for checking my setup out! Unfortunately my house sits right up against woods in the direction of the B41 tower. This is the reason my antennas are out near the road on a tree. From the tree/road I can point the antennas between woods and up the road in the direction of the tower. The tower is ~7 miles away, but it's a really tall one. I can't see it from where I'm at, but the signal is travelling over about a mile of fields and then several miles of woods/residential.

Fortunately I'm not actually trying to pierce dense foliage. You might want to try to get as high up as you can (roof) and try to get a signal.

Feedback Score
    Greg4Android has no idea what he is talking about. First off, when using 4gcommunity you have no direct access to the sprint account. If you want a great modem use the mc or em7455 and a Rooter flashed router. Stick the SIM in and done. Don't call sprint or anything. Way better than any hotspot.

Feedback Score

Mc7455

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8Greg View Post
    Greg4Android has no idea what he is talking about. First off, when using 4gcommunity you have no direct access to the sprint account. If you want a great modem use the mc or em7455 and a Rooter flashed router. Stick the SIM in and done. Don't call sprint or anything. Way better than any hotspot.
    Found this on Amazon, might this be the same as the MC7455?? It won't let me attach the link...
    Oley Mini PCI-E to USB Adapter With SIM Card Slot Designed Micro USB Female + Micro USB Female to USB 2.0 Male Cable + Protection Box for WWAN/LTE Module and Oley Mini PCI-E to USB Adapter With SIM card Slot for WWAN/LTE Module Support SIM 6pin/8pin card connector. 1. Doesn’t support PCI-E bus type minicard such as Wifi module, only supports USB bus interface of Mini-Cards such as 2G GSM, GPRS, 3G, CDMA, WLAN, WWLAN, HSPA MODEM, GPS, 4G WiMAX, LTE, and Mini-Card to desktop PC
    2. Easy installation & no driver required, but make sure you have installed the software drivers for your WWAN card.
    3. Support SIM 6pin/8pin card connector.
    4. Supports any OS, like Windows, WinCE, Linux & iMAC etc
    5. No additional power required

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast