Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: $40 ($38 with Autopay) 4GB Data / Unlimited Province-Wide Talk Plan - Public Mobile

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo 5GB AB Retention, Freedom PYW Unlimited Incoming, Public 4GB $38
    Feedback Score

$40 ($38 with Autopay) 4GB Data / Unlimited Province-Wide Talk Plan - Public Mobile

Amazing deal from Public Mobile until November 20th. Cheapest 4GB plan yet on a major network with LTE and without Chatr throttling or Wind coverage issues. Tempted to switch out my Koodo 5GB SK/MB plan for the $11.50 savings a month.

90 Day Plan
    Unlimited Province Wide Calling
    Unlimited Global Text / MMS
    12GB of Data
    $120 every 90 Days

There's also a $2 autopay credit per month, making this as low as $38 per month.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans

Additional Details
    Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
    During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
    If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:
    If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
    If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends.

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Is it 4gb per month or 12gb for 3. Makes a difference for usage.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Is it 4gb per month or 12gb for 3. Makes a difference for usage.
    12GB over 3 months, so you can vary usage over the 90 days.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6 Plus
    Feedback Score
    Actually a pretty good deal, nice catch OP. Wonder why they are doing this? Also wonder if Fido does price match? People at RFD are gonna go crazy haha.

At that price, I can't imagine why anyone would still use Wind now. That value compared to Wind blows Wind out of the water.

Device(s)
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier(s)
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    Great value compared to most plans out there. Having your data spread over 90 days is an advantage to me. I believe I'll be signing up my wife on this plan as soon as Rogers unlocks her iphone.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Damn this is a good deal and is seriously making me think to drop the US calling option and use VOIP as the data is more than fast enough.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I"m on the Koodo $48 plan right now, am tempted to switch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imtiax View Post
    i"m on the koodo $48 plan right now, am tempted to switch.
    do it!!!
    ………
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtiax View Post
    I"m on the Koodo $48 plan right now, am tempted to switch.
    Might be worthwhile. The data flexibility is attractive, though you'll lose 1gb/month equivalent and Canada wide calling.

Feedback Score
    ^ That too but it's also $8 cheaper & $10 cheaper with Auto Pay, also this is a Prepaid Deal with no overages versus a Koodo Post Paid Monthly Plan that involves a credit check & possibility of overages.

Feedback Score
    Hey I'm interested in becoming a new public mobile customer, if someone wants to pm a referral.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Might be worthwhile. The data flexibility is attractive, though you'll lose 1gb/month equivalent and Canada wide calling.
    You won't really

Saves $8 per month ($96 per year)
    That much is enough to add on 400 minutes INTERNATIONAL long distance every month (with no expiry date ever)
    So you will get Canada, US, and a bunch of random countries as well for same price point + increased flexibility in how you use your data

Feedback Score

Porting multiple numbers

I currently have a Koodo family plan. Can I port the numbers so they become individual accounts?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abcanguy_eh View Post
    I currently have a Koodo family plan. Can I port the numbers so they become individual accounts?
    Since Public Mobile is prepaid, they will be 2 separate accounts. Order 2 SIM cards, and port 1 of them in first. After porting the first porting the first one, port 2 second one in and refer the first account. That way, you can save an extra $1 per month ($3 for 90 days on the referring account).

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goflamesgo View Post
    Since Public Mobile is prepaid, they will be 2 separate accounts. Order 2 SIM cards, and port 1 of them in first. After porting the first porting the first one, port 2 second one in and refer the first account. That way, you can save an extra $1 per month ($3 for 90 days on the referring account).
    This. There is currently no capability to have two phone lines under the same account.

If you are coming in from Koodo, try to use an email address that is different than the one tied to Koodo. In the Public Mobile Community Forums, some people have reported problems creating a new account when porting from Koodo as it is suspected that Koodo and Public Mobile use the same backend and the same email address registered to both causes problems.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast