Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: $40 ($38 with Autopay) 4GB Data / Unlimited Province-Wide Talk Plan - Public Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Public Mobile (Telus) has always honoured pricing so long as line is active and phone uses a SIM card

There are lots of threads about the old days
    Telus engaged in really bad practises to kick everyone off old CDMA network, raising rates, limiting unlimited plans, and cancelling subscribers who refused to make the plan changes but paid bills

Long time ago, but it happened and many people (myself included) thought Telus was planning a total shutdown
    Thats what I was told by a rep on twitter.
    Rep also said my line won't work out of province. It doesn't even have roaming. That doesn't work for me.
    Too bad....

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Anyone knows the speed for public mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbadat View Post
    Anyone knows the speed for public mobile
    Full access to Telus LTE network, so presumably as good as any.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido >> Wind >> Koodo >> Public-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Alright ..
    So here I'm Officially and proudly one of Public Mobile Network customers that is pretty much not that different from my previous provider Koodo ..
    This offer is really attractive and much more reasonable from that SCAM/FRAUD deal that i was on with Koodo ( Yes, the 48$ deal that you could get through another province then porting in your number later ) ..
    I'M ALL DONE with all that crap of lying and hesitating to call Customer support not to be caught cheating the System ..
    Public Mobile .. Thanks for making such a great good deal ..

$40-($11 Credit)=$29+TAX/MO
    Province-wide talk & Global SMS/MMS 4GB LTE Voicemail + Call-Forwarding
    *Prepaid BYOP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravercwb View Post
    Thats what I was told by a rep on twitter.
    Rep also said my line won't work out of province. It doesn't even have roaming. That doesn't work for me.
    Too bad....

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using HoFo mobile app
    The way you get out of province service is to buy the $8 200min or $15 400 min long distance bundles. Then when you're out of province you use those minutes. It's not ideal but as long as you spend most of your time in your home province it's not too bad. (Oh and those minues cary over for the life of the plan until they're used up)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    For people that ordered the SIM, how long did it take to arrive?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    It took a day to come to my house, I was pretty surprised honestly.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Usually 2 to 3 days

Device(s)
    LG G4, Iphone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    3 Days for me ....

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys.

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    I have been reading the details on the out of province usage and I interpret it is as follows:

1) BC Number in BC can call any other BC area code no long distance charges and receive calls anywhere in BC. Would be charged to dial any out of province/country number.

2) BC Number in AB or any other province can call any BC area code with no long distance charges, incoming calls would be charged long distance and calls to any non-BC area code would also be charged long distance - unknown if a local call (BC number in Calgary calling a Calgary number for example would be local or long distance).

Sound right?

I currently have 4 lines on Rogers that I am debating porting over, I wish Public would release their USA roaming package information as it's one of the only things holding me back, that and I'm not sure I like the idea of a huge cell payment every 3 months!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Blackberry Passport, Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cgartly View Post
    I have been reading the details on the out of province usage and I interpret it is as follows:

1) BC Number in BC can call any other BC area code no long distance charges and receive calls anywhere in BC. Would be charged to dial any out of province/country number.

2) BC Number in AB or any other province can call any BC area code with no long distance charges, incoming calls would be charged long distance and calls to any non-BC area code would also be charged long distance - unknown if a local call (BC number in Calgary calling a Calgary number for example would be local or long distance).

Sound right?

I currently have 4 lines on Rogers that I am debating porting over, I wish Public would release their USA roaming package information as it's one of the only things holding me back, that and I'm not sure I like the idea of a huge cell payment every 3 months!
    1) Correct

2) Slight misunderstanding. BC number in AB or other provinces, calling numbers IN that province (so in this case, AB numbers) is considered local. Calling numbers that's NOT an AB number, is considered long distance (even calling BC numbers when you're physically in AB will considered long distance, thus won't connect if you don't have any long distance add on).

Hope that clears things up!
    Public Mobile Fall 2016 Special ($114/90 Days)
    12gb LTE data/Province-Wide Calling/Global SMS/Call Display/Voicemail

Feedback Score
    Just change my service from wind at first I was confused because I didn't know how their speed will be but I am glad they are way better then wind and plus you don't have to put any apn

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1478737369.107194.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  77.7 KB first one 25 Mbps is on LTE and second 16 Mbps is on 3G and very bottom is wind I think

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbadat View Post
    Just change my service from wind at first I was confused because I didn't know how their speed will be but I am glad they are way better then wind and plus you don't have to put any apn
    Seriously? You thought this service could be about the same as Wind? Maybe 1 out of 100 spots you go to, but not in general. What is the big deal with manually inputting APN data? Never heard of this being a deal maker in any way. There is always a first I suppose.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast