Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: $40 ($38 with Autopay) 4GB Data / Unlimited Province-Wide Talk Plan - Public Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Currently, I am with Fido and am paying $65 + tx for 250 anytime minutes, canada wide unlimited, wknites, wknd and 6gb data. Since 6gb data won't be available to regular customer, should I jump ship and join this plan?

The impression I got from reading this thread is that I can keep this plan indefinitely as long as I stay active, I would like to know if the price of this plan will stay $40 ($38 with auto pay) indefinitely as long as I stay active and Public mobile won't change the price?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido >> Wind >> Koodo >> Public-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Currently, I am with Fido and am paying $65 + tx for 250 anytime minutes, canada wide unlimited, wknites, wknd and 6gb data. Since 6gb data won't be available to regular customer, should I jump ship and join this plan?

The impression I got from reading this thread is that I can keep this plan indefinitely as long as I stay active, I would like to know if the price of this plan will stay $40 ($38 with auto pay) indefinitely as long as I stay active and Public mobile won't change the price?
    Based on Public mobile official replies all over this question,
    The answer is Yes, as long as you stay on this plan you will be paying a total of $120 for 90 days worth of service ..
    I jumped in from Koodo and its really a great deal to have ..
    Keep in mind though, there will be no regular customer service over the phone by speaking to a real person, everything is over the email or the official PM forums to solve or answer any of your questions or inquiries ..

$40-($11 Credit)=$29+TAX/MO
    Province-wide talk & Global SMS/MMS 4GB LTE Voicemail + Call-Forwarding
    *Prepaid BYOP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSong View Post
    Based on Public mobile official replies all over this question,
    The answer is Yes, as long as you stay on this plan you will be paying a total of $120 for 90 days worth of service ..
    I jumped in from Koodo and its really a great deal to have ..
    Keep in mind though, there will be no regular customer service over the phone by speaking to a real person, everything is over the email or the official PM forums to solve or answer any of your questions or inquiries ..
    To be accurate, you should put a caveat on your answer that the grandfathered pricing is subject to the terms of service. The fine print does say that they can change the terms of service at any time with appropriate notice. This is standard fine print across all carriers. Knowing this is important because if they ever do decide to raise prices, people should not look surprised and question how can they be allowed to do that.

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    I made the switch the day before yesterday, ported two numbers over from Rogers, it took about 30 minutes for each number to be ported. It feels a little weird leaving my Rogers acct of 15 years behind and moving to a prepaid service but it made sense financially.

I will miss visual voicemail on my iPhone, nationwide calling and roam like home. Here's hoping that Public announces some decent USA roaming options.

Device(s)
    BB PEARL 8100
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have read through the summary but have some questions

Currently I'm on the $48 MB plan with Koodo but rumor has it they might kick people out after the Loophole was closed . . I would love to get on this plan but I'm away from 18th for a week and don't want to have issues with my phone.

Do I have to order the simcard before Nov 20 or plan has to be active?

From reading the forum it looks like we will need to activate the plan after we receive the sim card.

I don't mind paying the $120 right now buy don't want my plan to start right away . Any suggestions?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    What happens after 90 days ? Do you have apply for the plan again or does it automatically continue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonfilter View Post
    What happens after 90 days ? Do you have apply for the plan again or does it automatically continue.
    Set up auto pay, sit back and relax. You will renew to the same plan with the same discount every 90 days. Don't hurt yourself pontificating other what ifs, it is this simple.

Sent from my FIND7 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Sounds good

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collage View Post
    I would love to get on this plan but I'm away from 18th for a week and don't want to have issues with my phone.

Do I have to order the simcard before Nov 20 or plan has to be active?

From reading the forum it looks like we will need to activate the plan after we receive the sim card.

I don't mind paying the $120 right now buy don't want my plan to start right away
    You can't activate the plan before you have the SIM. Order the SIM now.

At this time the 12GB/90d promo is scheduled to end Nov 20.
    You need to activate the SIM, select the plan, and pay the $120+tax before the 20th.

OR,

Instead of activating the $120/90d plan now,
    1 - you can activate on a 'cheap' plan (say a 10/30d voice or text only plan)*, and
    2 - as an existing Public sub future date a change to the $120/90d plan **
    This must be done before the the promo ends.

See the Public community forum for detail.

Bear in mind for this plan:
    There are no refunds on prepaid service, should you change your mind.
    Voice is province-wide, and when you're out of province all inbound calls will be blocked, unless you have an LD add-on in place.
    Public doesn't do device financing.

Future dating the 12GB/90d plan allows you to assess Black Friday deals before making a $120 commitment to Public.
    With a cheap plan of any type, you'd be able to assess Public Mobile signal strength wherever you need service, with minimal commitment up front.

A step-by-step for porting in:
    http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-port-switch-public-mobile
    You don't need to port in immediately on activation. Take the time to make a sound decision.

--
    * 30d: $25 text / 27 voice / 30 1GB
    * 10d: $11 text / 15 voice / 15 150MB

** You can future date a plan change for the current plan's renewal date.

-
    Last edited by pjw918; 11-14-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: plan change happens on renewal date; 10d options

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post

Instead of activating the $120/90d plan now,
    1 - you can activate on a 'cheap' plan (say a 10/30d voice or text only plan*), AND
    2 - as an existing Public sub future-date a change to the $120/90d plan beyond the 20th.
    This must be done before the 20th.

Future dating the 12GB/90d plan allows you to assess Black Friday deals before making a $120 commitment to Public.
    This is interesting to note, I have 4 unactivated SIMs - can't decide whether to activate for my kids or not - they are currently on $15 a month prepaid......I could prolong my decision by activating on the cheapest 90 day plan and future dating the new $120 plan? Once it is future dated can it be applied earlier?

IE: I activate today on the 90 day text plan which would be good until Feb, I can future date a plan change but say I decide after the 20th I want the new plan to start on Jan 1 is that possible? Or would the $120 plan not be available until my text only plan expired?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cgartly View Post
    Once it is future dated can it be applied earlier?
    All support requests are done through the Mods on the Public Mobile Community forum.

If you can't change the future date within your online account, a Mod may be able to. They're quick to respond (when not backlogged).

Why not get confirmation on the forum? Try the forum search first. Here are results on future dating.

There's also the Knowledge Base.

--
    Future plan changes via online account are scheduled for the current plan's renewal date.
    -
    Last edited by pjw918; 11-14-2016 at 12:15 PM. Reason: sort search results by date

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post

They say it's as long as you keep the plan, which makes it as locked in as any other plan out there.

I also have 6GB with Fido and I am leaving for PM this week. While I often use 4-6gb, there are also many months that I am at 1-3gb. The 12gb over 3 months becomes very attractive for me for the flexibility, which is basically like rollover data within the 3 months. I honestly cannot think of a single reason to stay with Fido anymore, when top-tier networks are available for so much less.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire

$49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cgartly View Post
    This is interesting to note, I have 4 unactivated SIMs - can't decide whether to activate for my kids or not - they are currently on $15 a month prepaid......I could prolong my decision by activating on the cheapest 90 day plan and future dating the new $120 plan? Once it is future dated can it be applied earlier?

IE: I activate today on the 90 day text plan which would be good until Feb, I can future date a plan change but say I decide after the 20th I want the new plan to start on Jan 1 is that possible? Or would the $120 plan not be available until my text only plan expired?
    You must select apply the option to switch to this plan when your current 90 term is over by November 20. Any time after that, this plan will not be available to select.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    They say it's as long as you keep the plan, which makes it as locked in as any other plan out there.

I also have 6GB with Fido and I am leaving for PM this week. While I often use 4-6gb, there are also many months that I am at 1-3gb. The 12gb over 3 months becomes very attractive for me for the flexibility, which is basically like rollover data within the 3 months. I honestly cannot think of a single reason to stay with Fido anymore, when top-tier networks are available for so much less.
    Even if Fido offers a Competitive Match Plan like PM?!?!?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Even if Fido offers a Competitive Match Plan like PM?!?!?
    I don't expect that to happen any time soon. I called to confirm my remaining tab and was offered $20-$30 more for about the same. Could not think of one good reason to give fido $240-$360/year more for the same service. Seems illogical to opt to pay more and not get more. Would you choose to pay 50% (or greater) more for the privilege of staying?

And once people move to PM, they get a little harder to win back because they have pre-paid for 3 months at a time.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast