Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103

Thread: Looks like it's a chatr Migration tonight.

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    235
    Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Any improvement to data speed and reliability?
    Data speed is about the same. I just did a speedtest and got 2.92dn / 1.15up (Oct 29). Previuos tests were 2.83dn / 2.36up (Oct 17) and 3.11dn / 2.62up (Sep 23).

    I've never had any issues with reliabilty in the greater Vancouver area; so I haven't noticed any difference. The typical areas I frequent are Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and New Westminster.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    510
    Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Data is pretty good... Seems to be a consistent 2.5-3mbps. Never exceeds 3mbps, but no drop outs.

    Ping is a bit wonky as it seems that data is routed out of different locations. I had better ping this summer with the Mobi data, but I have better reliability now.

    By the way, my APNs never changed, but my network indicator now says "chatr". I tried to do a reset of my APNs, but the server still pushed the old Dave Wireless one from Mobi
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!


    I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    235
    Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Made my first post-ChatR migration trip to US today.

    My indicate went to "R" when I started roaming in T-Mobile, and I got the following text message:
    chatr: Happy travels! You're now roaming. Use any roaming included in your plan, then these usage rates (+taxes) apply: $0.50/min, $0.15/txt and $6/MB (US); $4/min, $0.40/text and $30/MB (Puerto Rico). Dial 1 514 734 7232 for info at no charge.
    chatr: Bon voyage! Vous etes maintenant en itinerance. Utilisez tous les services en itinerance inclus dans votre forfait, puis ces tarifs a l'utilisation (+ taxes) s'appliquent: 0,50$/min, 0,15$/texto et 6$/Mo (E-U) ; 4$/min, 0,40$/texto et 30$/Mo (Porto Rico). Plus d'info: 1 514 734 7232 (sans frais).
    It's pretty much the same message I was getting before the Mobilicity-to-ChatR migration.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    256
    Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, Moto G, Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Zoomer Wireless (Cityfone), Mobilicity, Speakout
    Feedback Score
    0
    15 minutes after 10pm EST, I received a text message from Chatr saying that I was switched to Chatr successfully.

    I use Fongo voice mail delivered to my email inbox. I configured my phone to forward to Fongo number when my phone is busy, unanswered and unreachable while on Mobilicity. Now, Chatr does not let me change the call forward number. It always sets to 17782885975 Chatr voicemail number.

    My account has $10 balance from the Chatr move signup. Can I use this $10 to pay my monthly fee on my anniversary date?

    Which is my anniversary date? My Mobilicity anniversary date or My Chatr move date?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    235
    Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by embguy View Post
    Which is my anniversary date? My Mobilicity anniversary date or My Chatr move date?
    I got a message about this recently. I was migrated on Oct 29, and got the following text message today (about 5 days later):

    Need to top-up your account? Here are some helpful tips. Reply A, B, C or D:
    A- Anniversary date
    B- $80 bonus credits with Auto-pay
    C- Credit card top-up
    D- Top-up card
    Reply STOP to opt-out of chatr msgs. Reach us at chatrmobile.com/contactus.
    I guess if you wait a few days after migration, you'll get that message and you can reply with "A" to find out your anniversary date.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    235
    Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just for kicks, I replied back with "A" to that message, and I got a response that my anniversary date the same as my previous Mobilicity anniversary date; and NOT my ChatR move date.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    920
    Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    So,
    my migration was completed yesterday. After a restart my phone now says "chatr".

    I got the "Welcome to chatr..." email today.

    curiously the "included features" remained the same.

    Of course, my interest was in what the PPU charges are, now that I'm officially over to chatr.

    It didn't say what they were- I have to log into to the chatr website to see ...(I haven't done that yet)

    What I did find absolutely disgusting was the 23 page "Terms of Service" pdf they sent me.


    I'm absolutely disgusted that they would approach things like this. These dirty Rogers business shenanigans need to be brought to light.

    I'm surprised (at least, I haven't read or seen) that there hasn't been a mainstream article of how things went from super simple and easy to a 23 page ToS... even AFTER we have the creation of the CCTS.

    Brutal. Just brutal. I'll update once I get to log in and see if they pulled a fast one with me too.

    **update**

    as some may have noticed the website was down for a while, but I've been able to log in and check the pay per use rates.

    No suprise, they've pulled a bait and switch on me too.

    outgoing out out of zone shows up as 25c now.

    It's gonna get really interesting now. this is complete bvlls#!t
    Last edited by Mr.Conviviality; 11-03-2016 at 08:47 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
    Data speed is about the same. I just did a speedtest and got 2.92dn / 1.15up (Oct 29). Previuos tests were 2.83dn / 2.36up (Oct 17) and 3.11dn / 2.62up (Sep 23).

    I've never had any issues with reliabilty in the greater Vancouver area; so I haven't noticed any difference. The typical areas I frequent are Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and New Westminster.
    Lucky you
    Thanks for the update!

    Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Data is pretty good... Seems to be a consistent 2.5-3mbps. Never exceeds 3mbps, but no drop outs.

    Ping is a bit wonky as it seems that data is routed out of different locations. I had better ping this summer with the Mobi data, but I have better reliability now.

    By the way, my APNs never changed, but my network indicator now says "chatr". I tried to do a reset of my APNs, but the server still pushed the old Dave Wireless one from Mobi
    Good for you
    When you reset APN it takes settings from the SIM card, not the server

    Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by embguy View Post
    15 minutes after 10pm EST, I received a text message from Chatr saying that I was switched to Chatr successfully.

    I use Fongo voice mail delivered to my email inbox. I configured my phone to forward to Fongo number when my phone is busy, unanswered and unreachable while on Mobilicity. Now, Chatr does not let me change the call forward number. It always sets to 17782885975 Chatr voicemail number.

    My account has $10 balance from the Chatr move signup. Can I use this $10 to pay my monthly fee on my anniversary date?

    Which is my anniversary date? My Mobilicity anniversary date or My Chatr move date?
    From my understanding the credit can only be used for ppu services like roaming, out of zones calls, etc

    Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    So,
    my migration was completed yesterday. After a restart my phone now says "chatr".

    I got the "Welcome to chatr..." email today.

    curiously the "included features" remained the same.

    Of course, my interest was in what the PPU charges are, now that I'm officially over to chatr.

    It didn't say what they were- I have to log into to the chatr website to see ...(I haven't done that yet)

    What I did find absolutely disgusting was the 23 page "Terms of Service" pdf they sent me.

    on the bottom of page two, it says: "Pay-Per-Use Services are subject to availability and may be changed or cancelled by chatr at any time without prior notice to you."

    I'm absolutely disgusted that they would approach things like this. These dirty Rogers business shenanigans need to be brought to light.

    I'm surprised (at least, I haven't read or seen) that there hasn't been a mainstream article of how things went from super simple and easy to a 23 page ToS... even AFTER we have the creation of the CCTS.

    Brutal. Just brutal. I'll update once I get to log in and see if they pulled a fast one with me too.

    **update**

    as some may have noticed the website was down for a while, but I've been able to log in and check the pay per use rates.

    No suprise, they've pulled a bait and switch on me too.

    outgoing out out of zone shows up as 25c now.

    It's gonna get really interesting now. this is complete bvlls#!t
    Did they promise you other ppu rates under migration site or it was the same?

    Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    PS I'm still with mobilicity...

    Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43
    Device(s)
    Samsung S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am also with Mobilicity still, no migration yet. In addition, I signed up and activated the Public Mobile $40 plan.

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using HoFo mobile app

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,870
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    From my understanding the credit can only be used for ppu services like roaming, out of zones calls, etc
    Chatr Autopay bonus is just a regular account top up. There are no restrictions on what it can be used for. The problem lies with the fact that when Chatr's billing system applies a pre-authorized credit card charge, it does not check to see if there is enough balance already in the Chatr account to pay for the next month (it doesn't care). This means that any of the autopay bonus that is in the account at monthly renewal time will still be in there because Chatr will still bill the full amount on the autopay top up date.

    Any autopay bonuses remaining in the account can be used to pay for Chatr montly fees, BUT only after autopay has been disabled.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got an email my transfer will be happening 'over the next few days'. Yippee!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
  2. Looks like it's a done deal!
    By ck37 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 07:58 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 10:42 AM
  4. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 11:02 AM
  5. Looks like it's "Joke Night" at HoFo :D
    By Mr_Ed in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 11:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks