Thread: Public Mobile questions - price plans and service

Feedback Score

Public Mobile questions - price plans and service

I was browsing the plans on their site, but I don't get how the prices work and how they are billed?
    For example say I choose Canada wide calling + global text + 4gb/data
    I have two choices 30/day and 90/day - does 90/day mean I pay upfront for 3 months at a time? and in that case there is a 12GB option - is that 4gb/month or is it 12gb all at once and I can use it how I want over the three months.

The 30 day for 4gb came out to $75, but the 90 day for 12gb comes out to $201 which divided by 3 gives $67 - are they giving a cheaper price for the 90 day because you are paying upfront for all three months?

For service, are we getting access to the same network and coverage Telus customers get?

Feedback Score
    Yes if you choose the 90 day plan you pay 3 months at a time and that's why you're essentially paying less per month. The 12gb is for the 3 months, so if you use up all 12 in one month your stuck without data (unless you pay extra for an add on). From what I know data does not roll over (only add ons such as long distance minutes roll over and don't expire, but i'm not sure if add on data also rolls over) As for service, public mobile runs off Telus so you are covered exactly the same as Telus coverage area.

If you want to find out more info go to public mobile's community forum, there are a boat load of answers there and you can create an account and ask if you don't feel like searching. Since there are no physical stores to go talk and rep, everything is done online through their community forums

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjs1978 View Post
    I was browsing the plans on their site, but I don't get how the prices work and how they are billed?
    For example say I choose Canada wide calling + global text + 4gb/data
    I have two choices 30/day and 90/day - does 90/day mean I pay upfront for 3 months at a time? and in that case there is a 12GB option - is that 4gb/month or is it 12gb all at once and I can use it how I want over the three months.

The 30 day for 4gb came out to $75, but the 90 day for 12gb comes out to $201 which divided by 3 gives $67 - are they giving a cheaper price for the 90 day because you are paying upfront for all three months? For service, are we getting access to the same network and coverage Telus customers get?
    If you're considering this plan, it might be advantageous to go with provincial calling instead of Canada-wide. The current promotion on the 90-day Provincial/Text/12GB option is only $120, or $40 per month. The $27 monthly difference is enough to buy almost 800 minutes of international long distance minutes, which never expire. If you don't use them, they roll over to the next month.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So every 30 days or 90 days I have to signup again for the service? Seems a bit inconvenient? Or am I missing something?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Khalid View Post
    So every 30 days or 90 days I have to signup again for the service? Seems a bit inconvenient? Or am I missing something?
    You supply them with a credit card for auto pay, or upload funds into your account, then the plan you select auto renews at the end of the plan period.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Khalid View Post
    If you select autopay they renew for you (and give a -$2 discount every 30 days)

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Canada
    Feedback Score
    Can you cancel your prepaid and get a refund for the remaining period, pro-rated?

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    Can you cancel your prepaid and get a refund for the remaining period, pro-rated?
    No refunds on prepaid service. You forfeit the remaining service.
    A bit of a gotcha for the PM 90 day plans.
    More than a bit actually.