Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Post-migration Chatr pay-per-use rates are not as promised

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    280
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Same thing regarding the PPU rates.

    The pay-per-use charges now showing for my Chatr plan is different from the table that was showing on the migration website. The difference is that what I was originally "offered" was out-of-zone outgoing calls "included", but now the new table shows 25˘/minute.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,355
    Feedback Score
    0
    ^I also have the same issue, plus one of my lines doesn't have the plan I picked on Chatr move site.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    920
    Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    guys, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you escalate things as high as you're willing to go.

    don't take "it was an error...sorry" as a reasonable permanent solution.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,138
    Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    The plan I was offered, and I accepted, had outgoing calls out of zone in these locations listed as "included".

    First, did this happen to other people? And second, what can we do about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor Domo View Post
    The pay-per-use charges now showing for my Chatr plan is different from the table that was showing on the migration website. The difference is that what I was originally "offered" was out-of-zone outgoing calls "included", but now the new table shows 25˘/minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    guys, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you escalate things as high as you're willing to go.

    don't take "it was an error...sorry" as a reasonable permanent solution.
    I concur.

    There were 3 or 4 PPU charts for the NA plans at each price point, all specified outgoing calls included when out of zone (and still on the Rogers network in fact).
    The province-wide PPU charts specfied 25c/min outgoing.

    Quote Originally Posted by embguy View Post
    CCTS will be busy if Chatr ignores our complaints.
    Last edited by pjw918; 11-12-2016 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    505
    Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can anyone actually view their usage on the Chatr portal? I just get a blank page, but there has been deductions taken from my account when I was out of zone.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    510
    Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can anyone tell their story of what Chatr said when you contacted them about the discrepency?
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!


    I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    920
    Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Can anyone tell their story of what Chatr said when you contacted them about the discrepency?
    the matter is ongoing...(still)

    basically "it was an error".

    Period. Full stop.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    6,383
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I suspect the original graphic was in relation to the 30 roaming minutes being free
    They just had a very poor graphic

    I encourage everyone to complain to CCTS but
    This is a prepay service... They already gave you a $10 bill credit
    So best you could possibly win is plan cost less the $10 credit for 1 month

    And no way back to Mobi since Rogers is killing them off

    I just want to know what data speeds are like? Better than Wind?
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    367
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    I suspect the original graphic was in relation to the 30 roaming minutes being free
    They just had a very poor graphic

    I encourage everyone to complain to CCTS but
    This is a prepay service... They already gave you a $10 bill credit
    So best you could possibly win is plan cost less the $10 credit for 1 month

    And no way back to Mobi since Rogers is killing them off

    I just want to know what data speeds are like? Better than Wind?
    My brother was migrated to Chatr. He gets a constant 3mb. He didn't even know the speed until I asked him to speed test. All he cares about is that stuff loads quick now. Just a side note this is after he got a Chatr sim card. On the Moblicity sim card it was a hit or miss. So I recommend everyone swaps sim cards for a Chatr sim. It makes a difference.

    Sent from my A0001 using HoFo mobile app

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Van
    Posts
    595
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am still using Mobilicity SIM card and I have no issues at all with data or call quality.

    Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
    I am still using Mobilicity SIM card and I have no issues at all with data or call quality.

    Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk
    Are you using Chatr APN or Mobi?
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    647
    Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Techguy12 View Post
    My brother was migrated to Chatr. He gets a constant 3mb. He didn't even know the speed until I asked him to speed test. All he cares about is that stuff loads quick now. Just a side note this is after he got a Chatr sim card. On the Moblicity sim card it was a hit or miss. So I recommend everyone swaps sim cards for a Chatr sim. It makes a difference.

    Sent from my A0001 using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks for sharing!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    237
    Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Post-migration Chatr pay-per-use rates are not as promised

    Quote Originally Posted by Techguy12 View Post
    (..) So I recommend everyone swaps sim cards for a Chatr sim. It makes a difference.

    Sent from my A0001 using HoFo mobile app
    There's a thread here at HoFo ("No Personal Hotspot with Chatr SIM", http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...with-Chatr-Sim) with people not able to set up personal hotspots on iPhone devices AFTER they get a Chatr SIM card. (Android phones work fine.) My iPhone sets up personal hotspots all the time, so a Chatr SIM card is not for me!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    6,383
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Are you using Chatr APN or Mobi?
    Mine is weird but faster now
    It shows bb.davewireless.com on the Mobi SIM
    I have a Blackberry but it never did that before (not since the old Bold days which required us to pay +$5 for special Blackberry services)

    I wrote in migration thread but to recap here; Mobi basically had no data for 2 days
    And weird APN as only option so I thought they toasted my SIM and I needed to update to Chatr SIM
    But after fixed speed seems much better and it shows as 4G (?) data

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Van
    Posts
    595
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    Are you using Chatr APN or Mobi?
    Mobi. Nothing's changed on my end except my phone shows "chatr" instead of Mobilicity. APN remains the same.

    Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Data Add-ons for Clever or Smart & over charged pay-per-use rates
    By codster in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 06:17 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
  3. pay-per-use long distance not allowed
    By computergeek541 in forum Mobilicity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
  4. New pay per use rates on UL plan
    By Treatz in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
  5. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks