Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Mine is weird but faster now
    It shows bb.davewireless.com on the Mobi SIM
    I have a Blackberry but it never did that before (not since the old Bold days which required us to pay +$5 for special Blackberry services)

I wrote in migration thread but to recap here; Mobi basically had no data for 2 days
    And weird APN as only option so I thought they toasted my SIM and I needed to update to Chatr SIM
    But after fixed speed seems much better and it shows as 4G (?) data
    Sorry, I'm confused. Are you still on Mobi SIM and APN or Chatr SIM and APN?

On a, side note H+ is shows as 4G on some phones like Samsung.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro using HoFo app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
    Mobi. Nothing's changed on my end except my phone shows "chatr" instead of Mobilicity. APN remains the same.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk
    Have you tried using Chatr APN? Does it make any difference?

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro using HoFo app

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Where does the PPU rates being different from our offers stand now? I just checked my accounts and they still say outbound calls are 25 cents.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, Moto G, Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Zoomer Wireless (Cityfone), Mobilicity, Speakout
    Feedback Score
    I sent an email to the OOP with "email read" option last weekend. I received a "email read" confirmation this Monday. I am still waiting for a reply from the OOP. If I don't get an answer by new year, I will file a complaint at CCTS. How is everyone doing with your complaint?

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by embguy View Post
    I sent an email to the OOP with "email read" option last weekend. I received a "email read" confirmation this Monday. I am still waiting for a reply from the OOP. If I don't get an answer by new year, I will file a complaint at CCTS. How is everyone doing with your complaint?
    delays due to the holidays, but it looks like they'll be asking them some difficult questions come early next year in light of the proof that they pulled a bait and switch.

part of me is itching for them to play hardball so I can go down the crooked advertising route (CCTS won't go down that path, FYI).

Power in numbers, so I'd highly recommend those who got stiffed to speak up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    CCTS complaint accepted on Dec 29, 2016. 15 Days will be about a week or two given the New Year holiday. No response from Chatr/Rogers yet.

I have complained to the competition bureau about Wind and their offer of unlimited worldwide messaging on a laptop data plan a few years back and they said they also accepted that complain but nothing came of that. They define an error as something that is corrected quickly after they discover it but the text saying free texting is still up to this day. https://www.facebook.com/notes/faceb...0818640634482/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well done.
    I've been told to go fly a kite...I'm just waiting for the final summary of what's happening here.

Basically, chatr says "if you don't like it, leave..." and CCTS says "..we don't have the ability to force them to do anything"

All my details are provided, Rogers replies in anonymity... the process, so far, appears to be a joke. Unfortunately. I do give a lot of credit to the guy who's handling my case- he's smart, honest, articulate and well suited to his role, so at the very least that's encouraging.

I'm eager to have some fun going down the Ads Standards Council route... I gotta say I'm suprised they (chatr) are dumb enough to spend any time defending a real ugly pattern of behaviour. If i were running chatr, I'd have saved a lot of time and $ and just "give(en) him the pickle" (for those of you who have worked in the service industry.

I'll provide more details as the case wraps up.

Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    CCTS complaint accepted on Dec 29, 2016. 15 Days will be about a week or two given the New Year holiday. No response from Chatr/Rogers yet.

I have complained to the competition bureau about Wind and their offer of unlimited worldwide messaging on a laptop data plan a few years back and they said they also accepted that complain but nothing came of that. They define an error as something that is corrected quickly after they discover it but the text saying free texting is still up to this day. https://www.facebook.com/notes/faceb...0818640634482/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    well done.
    I've been told to go fly a kite...I'm just waiting for the final summary of what's happening here.

Basically, chatr says "if you don't like it, leave..." and CCTS says "..we don't have the ability to force them to do anything"
    I've got my fingers crossed they miss the deadline which would mean that they don't have any objections to my complaint.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Heard back from them today. They offered me 4 months free for my two lines and then afterward, they would consider I have accepted the new PPU rates. I told them to suck it and it is now being escalated to "investigation".

My thoughts:
    Four months is a generous offer. I wonder if they want this to go away. I don't remember them offering me that much when my line went silent for four days on the ROGERS!!!!! network. A contract is a contract that they refuse to honour. They keep hiding behind their contract/TOS when it benefits them, like a million years ago when I cancelled my fido line and they charged me 30 days of dead air because "The TOS" says we can. We did our due diligence, they dropped the ball and now they're not honouring what they offered us.

Their reasons/excuses as to why it is not possible to offer us what they offered us:
    My plan is built on the old Mobi plans. (Good for them... where are my free roaming mins I had in my old plan)
    It was an error. (Competition Bureau defines error as something that is corrected once discovered, we called many times and they said it was right and never "corrected" even after the cutover date)
    The system doesn't allow it. (They could create a plan that complies with our contract. Didn't they use that same excuse for opening their lines to competition and pick and pay channels?)

Will continue to update when the CCTS contacts me. If anyone has screenshots of confirmation from twitter, other social media or interaction numbers for phone calls, it would help my case if you could offer them up to use in this case.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Heard back from them today. They offered me 4 months free for my two lines and then afterward, they would consider I have accepted the new PPU rates. I told them to suck it and it is now being escalated to "investigation".

My thoughts:
    Four months is a generous offer. I wonder if they want this to go away. I don't remember them offering me that much when my line went silent for four days on the ROGERS!!!!! network. A contract is a contract that they refuse to honour. They keep hiding behind their contract/TOS when it benefits them, like a million years ago when I cancelled my fido line and they charged me 30 days of dead air because "The TOS" says we can. We did our due diligence, they dropped the ball and now they're not honouring what they offered us.

Their reasons/excuses as to why it is not possible to offer us what they offered us:
    My plan is built on the old Mobi plans. (Good for them... where are my free roaming mins I had in my old plan)
    It was an error. (Competition Bureau defines error as something that is corrected once discovered, we called many times and they said it was right and never "corrected" even after the cutover date)
    The system doesn't allow it. (They could create a plan that complies with our contract. Didn't they use that same excuse for opening their lines to competition and pick and pay channels?)

Will continue to update when the CCTS contacts me. If anyone has screenshots of confirmation from twitter, other social media or interaction numbers for phone calls, it would help my case if you could offer them up to use in this case.

Thanks.
    Let me summarize where things stand:
    The guy I was dealing with handed my file off to some degenerate who can't read or write. I think he was also walking around with a title of "investigator". Let's just say he completely screwed every point of fact up, and it seemed as though he had given the file to someone from robbers to complete for him.

I was VERY upset that after spending 2 months going over ALL the facts, this guy puts a report together and phvcks it all up.

I will be escalating things because I believe he really should not be in a position to be so wrong in his reports and his opinions which don't belong.

By the way, they offered me more than 4 months- that's a silly thing for them to offer considering our plans were for life and they openly convinced mobi customers to not have wandering eyes as they would "honour all the plans".

I'm just telling you, mr "investigator" is going to dismiss things, telling you the 4 month offer is reasonable, and for you to fly a kite, case closed. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that's what you've got coming.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well, thats it for me.

I didn't have the same poor experience with my investigator. We discussed the situation and it appears that Chatr is month to month, they really don't have any need to keep to anything that they offer previously.

CCTS rules means that they, at minimum, need to give me 30 days free service and then after that "notification" period, they can apply whatever new charges that they want.

He recommended that I accept the 4 months free per line as it is more beneficial towards me since the $10 credit has been covering my out of zone usage. At this point, I don't really have any other avenue, but this shines a strong light that contracts don't mean anything unless it's beneficial for the carrier. Someone mentioned competition bureau previously, I wonder if it's worth pursuing that, especially if we hit a critical mass.

Edit to add:

I would still encourage people to send their complaints in as dealing with complains and the credits they give ultimately cost Rogers money and increase the complaint numbers the CCTS gets for them. Let's make this quarter a super high number for CCTS complains for Chatr.
    Last edited by fruvous; 02-01-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well, thats it for me.

I didn't have the same poor experience with my investigator. We discussed the situation and it appears that Chatr is month to month, they really don't have any need to keep to anything that they offer previously.

CCTS rules means that they, at minimum, need to give me 30 days free service and then after that "notification" period, they can apply whatever new charges that they want.

He recommended that I accept the 4 months free per line as it is more beneficial towards me since the $10 credit has been covering my out of zone usage. At this point, I don't really have any other avenue, but this shines a strong light that contracts don't mean anything unless it's beneficial for the carrier. Someone mentioned competition bureau previously, I wonder if it's worth pursuing that, especially if we hit a critical mass.

Edit to add:

I would still encourage people to send their complaints in as dealing with complains and the credits they give ultimately cost Rogers money and increase the complaint numbers the CCTS gets for them. Let's make this quarter a super high number for CCTS complains for Chatr.
    accepting their $40 means that CCTS scores a point for "resolving the matter"... and the metric against rogers disappears.

I won't accept their feeble attempt to make me go away, I did NOT withdraw my complaint (will be escalating actually, ensuring CRTC folks catch a whiff of the nonsense) and would only suggest that you consider not letting them off the hook for $40 either. Let the complaint stand, whether they agree with you or not.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    accepting their $40 means that CCTS scores a point for "resolving the matter"... and the metric against rogers disappears.

I won't accept their feeble attempt to make me go away, I did NOT withdraw my complaint (will be escalating actually, ensuring CRTC folks catch a whiff of the nonsense) and would only suggest that you consider not letting them off the hook for $40 either. Let the complaint stand, whether they agree with you or not.
    I don't see how it is possible to move forward since they don't have to follow any contract at all.

And to correct you, the "settlement" is worth $240.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Edit to add:

+1
    I don't even need the roaming since I have paired Chatr calls + Public data but hey a few months free service is worth it

It kind of sucks about the only needing 30 days notice to change (but that sounds right) my bigger issue is:
    Many of the people who signed up through Chatr move site did specifically based on plans being offered
    Would competition bureau have ever supported Mobi sale & shutdown if most subscribers refused the new offers?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    +1
    I don't even need the roaming since I have paired Chatr calls + Public data but hey a few months free service is worth it

It kind of sucks about the only needing 30 days notice to change (but that sounds right) my bigger issue is:
    Many of the people who signed up through Chatr move site did specifically based on plans being offered
    Would competition bureau have ever supported Mobi sale & shutdown if most subscribers refused the new offers?
    that is an excellent question. I may have to ask it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast