Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Post-migration Chatr pay-per-use rates are not as promised

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    I don't see how it is possible to move forward since they don't have to follow any contract at all.

And to correct you, the "settlement" is worth $240.
    CCTS's own preamble clearly states that in the event there is something ambiguous or unclear, it must be interpreted in a manner that is favourable to the customer. Look it up. It's there.

In my eyes, it's not unreasonable for me, and the public in general, to EXPECT them to live up to their own spirit.

If they're not in a position to influence something wrong towards making it right, then what exactly are they there for? It becomes clearer by the day that their purpose is NOT what it seems. Being the oligarch's lapdog helps no one.

The documents produced by that office, in my hands right now, is a flagrant display of phvckery.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    CCTS's own preamble clearly states that in the event there is something ambiguous or unclear, it must be interpreted in a manner that is favourable to the customer. Look it up. It's there.

In my eyes, it's not unreasonable for me, and the public in general, to EXPECT them to live up to their own spirit.

If they're not in a position to influence something wrong towards making it right, then what exactly are they there for? It becomes clearer by the day that their purpose is NOT what it seems. Being the oligarch's lapdog helps no one.

The documents produced by that office, in my hands right now, is a flagrant display of phvckery.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't disagree with you.

But I had to weigh, which does more damage to Rogers? Keep fighting it will just do nothing because they basically have to say "It's the contract" or drop it and cost them $240 plus the costs it took to process my complaint.

With that said, I fully expect them to screw up the settlement because I don't believe Chatr has a method to give free months. They can only add money to the wallet. So when my credit card gets charged this month, I can say they defaulted on the settlement and when they tell me to drop my CC, I'll say I can't because I will lose out on the $80 in credits and blame their "system" which they love to use as a defense.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Fabulous. I fully expect that to materialize.
    I'm convinced the guys running chatr are seen as an overall liability to the Rogers folks, and they're really running on fumes there. Or sniffing them. Either way, it's a mess.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It is there

But they also state a prepay contract can be changed with 30 days notice

Once notice is given it is your choice to accept or cancel

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    just an update for those still curious.

After parsing their initial report to me about my predicament, the updated report is worse than the first. No joke. I'm being totally serious.

riddled with even more errors, I just can't believe that garbage being produced is allowed to reach the pubic's eyes.

so, short of creating my own website for ghits and siggles, I'm kinda feeling bad that they still don't "get it". Truth be told, they have stayed far FAR AWAY from touching, mentioning or addressing some of the most powerful arguments. they don't want to go there, so to speak.

Anyone have any ideas they'd like to share insofar as getting this out in the open? I'm beginning to realize that CCTS is the big 3's loyal lap dog, and that CRTC isn't too keen on getting involved with them either.

this is the true underbelly of the canadian wireless system, and it's ugly. Fugly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Your arguments are invalid. -CCTS

It basically boils down to the fact it's considered a month to month contract and CCTS rules say that that means they can change it however they want after giving you 30 day notice.

So... if Chatr wanted to change your rate to $100 a month, they can do it after telling you 30 days before. They want to lower your data to 1MB per month? Sure, it's all acceptable if they tell you in advance. We really have no protections at all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well, heard back from the Competition Bureau and here is their boilerplate response I got back:

Thank you for the information you provided to the Competition Bureau regarding Rogers (Chatr). We apologize for the delay in responding to your request.

The Competition Bureau ("Bureau") will treat the information you have provided in accordance with the confidentiality provisions of the Competition Act ("Act"), and the Bureau's Information Bulletin on the Communication of Confidential Information Under the Competition Act.

The role of the Bureau, as an independent law enforcement agency, is to ensure that Canadian businesses and consumers prosper in a competitive and innovative marketplace. In carrying out our mandate, information brought to our attention by consumers, businesses and other market participants is very important as it contributes to the identification and analysis of potentially anti-competitive practices in the marketplace.

The Bureau takes all allegations of anti-competitive conduct seriously. This matter has been referred to an officer to be reviewed for further consideration under the Act. A Bureau representative may contact you if further information is required. As a law enforcement agency, the Bureau conducts its investigations in private.

Thank you again for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well, heard back from the Competition Bureau and here is their boilerplate response I got back:

good job for getting to it sooner than I.

I will be forwarding my stuff to them (Comp Bureau) soon. CCTS appears to have given up on my case, simply babbling to the point where I tell them to shut up and move on. It's quite frustrating.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    good job for getting to it sooner than I.

I will be forwarding my stuff to them (Comp Bureau) soon. CCTS appears to have given up on my case, simply babbling to the point where I tell them to shut up and move on. It's quite frustrating.
    Where else can we lodge a complaint?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was told that the provicial consumer watchdog can have a say, if/when the matter has already been heard by CCTS. So, that's my next move. I'm in Ontario and there is one here.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Latest CCTS report came out and says that Chatr had 42 complaints for the period of Aug 1, 2016 to Jan 31, 2017. This means that they really didn't receive that many complaints about their fake re-signing terms.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Latest CCTS report came out and says that Chatr had 42 complaints for the period of Aug 1, 2016 to Jan 31, 2017. This means that they really didn't receive that many complaints about their fake re-signing terms.
    A major shortcoming of the CCTS reports is they do not take into account the size of subscriber base. Relative to Chatr's size, 42 complaints is significant.

[Note, those are accepted complaints. Almost 60% of issues raised by the complaints received are deemed out of mandate. Complaints framed as 'misleading information about terms' would have been accepted for investigation. Complaints about pricing are considered out of mandate.]

Chatr's share of all CCTS complaints went from 0.3% last report to 1.1% in today's report. That's almost a fourfold increase.

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/wp-content/...-2016-2017.pdf
    Last edited by pjw918; 04-06-2017 at 05:59 PM. Reason: 'misleading information about terms'; 60% refused; fourfold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4