Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All of a sudden, no data today, as of about 12 noon. ??

Feedback Score

All of a sudden, no data today, as of about 12 noon. ??

My plan does not expire until Nov 4th. I have the 39.95 plan, and data used so far is about 1.5GB. Can't get through chat - they say it's too busy right now. What the hell? Anyone else having this issue?

Feedback Score
    (Assuming you're using an iPhone.) Same with me. But I received a text from Page Plus last week giving me a link to click to update my profile: ivzwentp.tracfone.com

1) Go to Settings > General > profile and delete your current profile
    2) Open Safari and enter that URL above to go to Tracfone's page with the new profile.
    3) Click to install, etc.
    4) When done, your Profile under Settings should now show as trafcone.vzwentp

My data started working instantly after this (about noon today).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    Same with me. But I received a text from Page Plus last week giving me a link to click to update my profile: ivzwentp.tracfone.com

1) Go to Settings > General > profile and delete your current profile
    2) Open Safari and enter that URL above to go to Tracfone's page with the new profile.
    3) Click to install, etc.
    4) When done, your Profile under Settings should now show as trafcone.vzwentp

My data started working instantly after this (about noon today).
    Thanks! I got that message too but I had no idea why I got it, and thought it was strange, and suspicious. I will try that tonight when I get home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie* View Post
    Thanks! I got that message too but I had no idea why I got it, and thought it was strange, and suspicious. I will try that tonight when I get home.
    Well that didn't work. It asked for a passcode and I assumed it wanted my iphone password. Didn't work. And it won't let me try again either. Any way to work around this?

Feedback Score
    ??? The only passcode prompt I receive was the one for my lockscreen - a 6-digit number.

Feedback Score
    ??? The only passcode prompt I receive was the one for my lockscreen - a 6-digit number.
    Yeah I entered that....but the install did not work. It gives me a warning "the profile is not signed". Should I go ahead? I assumed that meant something was wrong. I don't want to eff up my phone.

Okay I went ahead and clicked install, with the unsigned warning. (I googled it and apparently that is okay. Not sure why it gives a warning if you don't need one, but whatever). It worked. Turned my wi-fi off and I have data. I find it hard to beleive that PP is making changes in this manner. Why in God's name would they not put a notification out there on the support site??

Oh, I did NOT delete my profile first, either. Just did the install, and clicked through the warning.
    Last edited by Chessie*; 10-31-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    A good number of their users don't even know PP has support site. The text hits every iPhone user; click the link and install.. The misleading part was that it said, "Problems with iPhone data?" Since you and I had no problem when we received the text, we ignored it. When ours died today, it was time to click the link and install. I would guess Tracfone doesn't submit its profiles to Apple for approval which is why it complains about it being unsigned.

Feedback Score
    That's just nuts. I waited on the phone today, on the support line, TWICE. Once for 10 min and gave up, and tonight for almost AN HOUR, and I gave up. And I can't tell you how many times I tried the chat. And I did a support ticket too, still no response from that. So if this issue is causing all this grief (and I am assuming that it is, because I never have trouble with the chat or the support line) then they seriously misjudged this.

Anyway - thanks for responding. I'd still be cussing them out if you hadn't.

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate 3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus $80+$10+$10,
    Feedback Score
    I lost data today on my Galaxy S4. After reading this thread I checked my APN settings and it had changed to TRACFONE.VZWENTP from whatever it was before. However, my network mode was "Global" (as it always has been) but when I changed it to "LTE/CDMA" the data started working again. My wife's phone had the same problem, but the APN was still VZWINTERNET or whatever. After rebooting the phone, the APN updated, but I also had to change the mode to LTE/CDMA on that phone before it started working.

Feedback Score
    had that message the other day but ignored it. Data was still working. Another line today stopped working but installing the new profile made it work.
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie* View Post
    That's just nuts. I waited on the phone today, on the support line, TWICE. Once for 10 min and gave up, and tonight for almost AN HOUR, and I gave up. And I can't tell you how many times I tried the chat. And I did a support ticket too, still no response from that. So if this issue is causing all this grief (and I am assuming that it is, because I never have trouble with the chat or the support line) then they seriously misjudged this.

Anyway - thanks for responding. I'd still be cussing them out if you hadn't.

What sucks is that there's no quick mention on their support site of this. Chat was down because of 'high volume'. When I called, there was an announcement but had to call back like three times to get the URL right as it's not 'intuitive'. They could have put a press 1 to repeat or repeat it a couple of times...

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Data quit working on my Moto x yesterday. Chat support is unavailable of course. I factory reset and it still is not working.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingflynn View Post
    Data quit working on my Moto x yesterday. Chat support is unavailable of course. I factory reset and it still is not working.
    What APN does it show you using in Settings?

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    What APN does it show you using in Settings?
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-11-02-07-52-20.png
Views: 1718
Size:  91.2 KB

This is what it looks like. None was selected, so I just selected one. Still no data though. I do have data left on my plan.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X & 6P; iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    You get what you pay for. I had no problems with Page Plus but once Slim moved customer service overseas, the handwriting was on the wall. Other Slim cellular companies have had similar levels of mediocre support.
    Nexus 5X & 6P on Google Fi
    iPhone 5S on Boom

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast