Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All of a sudden, no data today, as of about 12 noon. ??

Feedback Score
    @kingflynn: is there a way to change the APN to VZWENTP? That's what they're having iPhone users use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingflynn View Post
    Data quit working on my Moto x yesterday. Chat support is unavailable of course. I factory reset and it still is not working.
    Gee, I got that as well with my Android phone. I got to sit on hold for about an hour before someone ran through the process of power off/remove SIM card/power on/etc that I had already done with no help. So, she sent me off to another department, which took another hour of holding.

After all that, the CSR had me power off the phone, then she did something like "reset data features". After my phone restarted (again), my LTE data came back.

There's all sorts of stuff out there right now about iPhones and the new profile, but that's not applicable to Android phones. The APN I had been using stayed the same. The problem was some glitch with their system required a reset.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link. The data on my phone stopped working yesterday. I never received a text or warning about it. I called the Page Plus support number and there was a message about it, but they read off the link to get the new profile so fast that it is hard to get it all. It really helped to see the link posted here.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Data quit working on my Moto x yesterday. Chat support is unavailable of course. I factory reset and it still is not working.
    Did you get this fixed? Started happening recently on my wife's moto x 2013 too. Not sure what apn to try...

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    No, I just got home from work. It is the 2013 Moto x though. It sounds like a call is required to fix it.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    @kingflynn: is there a way to change the APN to VZWENTP? That's what they're having iPhone users use.
    I gave it a whirl, but no luck.

Feedback Score
    I gave it a whirl, but no luck.
    Bummer. I hope PP gets you back on quickly!

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Fixed via email support! Manually changed APN to tracfone.vzwentp . They said they did something else too though, so I don't know if changing the APN alone does it.

Feedback Score
    Thank Howard! After 4 days a simple answer. For my Android

Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN >

Change "name" to anything, change "APN" to tracfone.vzwentp, save, select this new one

Feedback Score
    Thanks aKansasKid & kingflynn, tracfone.vzwentp fixed my Android data also. I wonder if the same LACK of functional data kept my Auto-Refill from completing last night? Regardless, my phone's working now, NO thanks to 4 hours on the phone with "customer service" (3 hours on hold)! I had to buy a new plan online, apply it myself, and cancel & re-setup autopay. After all that, I was livid when I noticed data wasn't working, thank goodness for HOFO! NO explanation or solution was offered for my situation by the script reading drones I spoke with, and when the second drone offered to transfer me yet again, I told her it was clearly pointless.

Anyway, can either of you guys post your full APN settings? Particularly the:
    MMSC
    MMS Port
    MCC
    MNC
    APN Type
    My selected APN makes no mention of MMS, but seems to work, I have a separate APN listed for MMS but it isn't used as far as I can tell. Just wanna make sure I'm fully up to date & not gonna start missing MMSs or something. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I don't think iPhones display any APN info. At least I can't find any. They install profiles instead that contain the APN info.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow789 View Post
    Anyway, can either of you guys post your full APN settings? Particularly the:
    MMSC
    MMS Port
    MCC
    MNC
    APN Type
    My selected APN makes no mention of MMS, but seems to work, I have a separate APN listed for MMS but it isn't used as far as I can tell. Just wanna make sure I'm fully up to date & not gonna start missing MMSs or something. Thanks!
    This is what mine looks like:

Name:  Screenshot_2016-11-03-08-02-48.png
Views: 536
Size:  53.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abbadon View Post
    Thank Howard! After 4 days a simple answer. For my Android

Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN >

Change "name" to anything, change "APN" to tracfone.vzwentp, save, select this new one
    Interesting. Even though my data is working fine, I thought I'd try this, so I made a new APN:
    Code:
    Name PagePlus Test
    APN tracfone.vzwentp
    Proxy Not set
    Port Not set
    Username Not set
    Password Not set
    Server Not set
    MMSC http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy Not set
    MCC 311
    MNC 480
    Authentication type Not set
    APN type default,dun,supl
    APN protocol IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol IPv4/IPv6
    APN enable/disable (grayed check)
    Bearer Unspecified
    MVNO type None
    MVNO value Not set
    When I select it, my data connection goes away instantly. When I go back to the one that works ("VZWINTERNET"), my data connection comes back.

It's still worth a try before spending so much time on hold to get a data reset.

ps my APN that works looks like this:
    Code:
    Name Verizon Internet
    APN VZWINTERNET
    Proxy Not set
    Port Not set
    Username Not set
    Password Not set
    Server Not set
    MMSC Not set
    MMS proxy Not set
    MCC 311
    MNC 480
    Authentication type Not set
    APN type default,dun,supl
    APN protocol IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol IPv4/IPv6
    APN enable/disable (grayed check)
    Bearer Unspecified
    MVNO type None
    MVNO value Not set

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, I had this issue with my Galaxy S4 (I545). The APN settings are locked down so I couldn't add or modify them. A factory reset didn't help. Emailing didn't give me any relevant answers. Finally I opened a live chat and just left it open. It said there was high volume a couple times, but eventually it said I was number X in line, expected wait time is ... after about 45 minutes or an hour, I talked to someone for a couple minutes, she had me turn off/on my phone, and it was fixed.

My APN still says VZWINTERNET.

Feedback Score
    This is what mine looks like...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogora View Post
    ...ps my APN that works looks like this...
    Thanks guys, mine is essentially the same as kingflynn's. The only exception being, as noted earlier, my selected APN omits the MMSC address. A separate APN Name = verizon with APN = internet does list the MMSC address, but is not selected. Everything works, though, including MMS.

Honestly, I haven't fiddled with APNs since my old Windows Mobile days, so I have no idea what sort of magic goes on behind the scenes on Android. For those having trouble editing, maybe try toggling off "Mobile Networks" or just go into "Airplane Mode"? Or it may require root access, I just dunno.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast