Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All of a sudden, no data today, as of about 12 noon. ??

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    I am having same issue on LG G3. I matched my APN settings to the working ones that Dogora provided, but its still not working . Trying to get in touch with PP.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    I just got off a chat with PPC. no luck. they advise that my phone has an issue since its not registering its own IMEI for data. I couldnt get them to register the IMEI for me. Will try again later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dodly View Post
    I just got off a chat with PPC. no luck. they advise that my phone has an issue since its not registering its own IMEI for data. I couldnt get them to register the IMEI for me. Will try again later.
    I wouldn't put much stock in anything PPC support tells you. Most of their reps seem to be woefully uninformed, incompetent, and may even just tell you something "techie" to get you to give up. The fact that they declined to fix what they "knew" to be the issue is a red flag. I've managed in support centers, often the most important criteria is how fast the rep can get rid of you, not whether they resolve your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogora View Post
    ...After all that, the CSR had me power off the phone, then she did something like "reset data features". After my phone restarted (again), my LTE data came back...
    This part of Dogora's earlier post eventually got me to try to "reset data features" myself. Below is the sequence of steps I took that worked for me, no idea how or why it worked, just that it did. I also have a rooted device with a custom CM based ROM which may be a factor:

1. Cancelled auto-refill & refilled manually online, since PPC screwed that up 1st, noticed everything but data was working.
    2. Powered off & back on, no luck.
    3. Toggled Airplane Mode, no luck.
    4. Went online & disabled the only "feature" listed for my account, Voicemail, applied, got some broken english error message. Re-enabled Voicemail, applied, got same error message, data still not working.
    5. Tried to change primary APN = vzwinternet to APN = tracfone.vzwentp but it wouldn't stick.
    6. Disabled "Mobile Networks" in Settings, applied tracfone.vzwentp again, it stuck this time. Enabled "Mobile Networks", data finally working! (I wonder if this alone may have forced a "reset data features" event?)

Of course, I may have gotten the same result by flipping the light switch on/off 3 times, spinning counter clockwise, and praying to Thor, but I think at least one of those 6 steps made a difference! Regardless, this experience has me seriously considering a port to Boom Mobile just to get away from Carlos Slim. Good luck, let us know what finally works for you.

Feedback Score
    I'm wondering if the profile/APN change wasn't something Verizon made TF/PP do. The previous vzwinternet APN may well have been used by Verizon along with its MVNOS, and Verizon wants its MVNOs to use something else. But, too, it's equally likely TF wants something in the APN that wasn't in the Verizon one.

Either way, it's a hard change for you Android folks, since I assume you never got a text from PP like IPhone customers did saying how to change their profile. I suspect joeblow's step 6 is the key to getting data again for Androids.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    I tried flashing different radios (24B and 35B), but it didn't help. Ended up flashing back to stock which fixed the issue. I had CM13 latest nightly build prior to that. Don't love stock, but glad its working now.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    After a week of agony, I've got data working on my Galaxy Nexus again (running cm13). This thread put the finishing touches on fixing it, so thanks!

I've been trying to help bring up Android Nougat on the good old GNex, and just about everything is working at this point except mobile data. I thought I was getting close to fixing it, and then suddenly data quit working on my phone completely. On any ROM. I figured I had royally borked something with authentication and spent the past week trying everything I could think of to fix it. I even (gasp) flashed back to STOCK and no data. This morning, I finally gave up and went to our local dealer, figuring I was going to have to buy a new SIM card. She was messing around with some strange web address, I just figured she was a little clueless. Then, she put my SIM in another phone and it worked fine, data and all. I did a factory reset (still on stock ROM) and what do you know, data works. Flashed back to cm13, and no data again. I flashed back to stock and once again, data worked. It turns out the APN settings on stock were now different than stock (they are hidden but not locked), and that's when I found TRACFONE.VZWENTP. I put that in my cm13 APN's, and, DATA!! Hopefully these new settings make it into the major custom ROMs like CyanogenMod soon. If I can figure out exactly how they are supposed to be set I can probably submit a patch for it.
    If only you knew...

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie* View Post
    My plan does not expire until Nov 4th. I have the 39.95 plan, and data used so far is about 1.5GB. Can't get through chat - they say it's too busy right now. What the hell? Anyone else having this issue?
    Called their support number. Part of their outgoing message mumbles through the profile address. I couldn't understand it so I waited for a support individual. He said he couldn't help me unless I was on a different phone than the one needing help. I got mad and said I simply needed the profile address. He then gave it to me. All is good now.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2nd ver (me), iPhone 5 (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus & Selectel (Verizon MVNOs)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post
    Called their support number. Part of their outgoing message mumbles through the profile address. I couldn't understand it so I waited for a support individual. He said he couldn't help me unless I was on a different phone than the one needing help. I got mad and said I simply needed the profile address. He then gave it to me.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingerbrown View Post
    All is good now.
    Replied with download failed ... I downloaded it on my Windows PC and it is a text file I've seen elsewhere on HoFo ... but the phone won't download it. The site is reached, the download fails.

edit ... after more trying, I found it to work with Safari, not Chrome. A little help from my friend Google suggests that Chrome, xml, and iPhone APN updates may share some compatibility issues.
    Last edited by gbynum; 11-07-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abbadon View Post
    Thank Howard! After 4 days a simple answer. For my Android

Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN >

Change "name" to anything, change "APN" to tracfone.vzwentp, save, select this new one
    I can't seem to make new APNs on my wife's old moto x.

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by szembek View Post
    For my Moto X it was NOT changeable. SO I had to get a new SIM and that forced activation to occur again and it sent down the tracphone APN instead of verizon and TADA data works!

I had one of $1 Tracphone sims from BestBuy to fix it. The OLD sim was several years old AKA a pageplus original sim instead of Tracphone.

Oh I also had to have PP set my new SIM as active on my account. It does not reset your plan or anything like that.

Feedback Score
    Having the exact same problem, AGAIN. I already did the tracphone link install...so WTF???

I just powered off/on the phone and it's working now. Never had to do this before.
    Last edited by Chessie*; 11-07-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    For my 2013 moto x its: settings>more>cellular networks>access point names. Select an apn, select it again, then you can change it to something else. I can't add a new one, only change an existing one.

Feedback Score
    I've had the same issue for at least a few days on my 1st gen moto x, but I don't use much data so I didn't get around to looking into it until tonight. I just did the online chat with PP, went through powering the phone on/off, checking the APN was set to VZWINTERNET (and we did not change it), turning airplane mode on/off. The problem is now fixed. It seems they fixed something on their end during the chat since I did not have to change anything on my phone. I had no wait on the online chat and they fixed the problem fairly quickly. Just wanted to share my experience if it helps anyone.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haas1994 View Post
    For my Moto X it was NOT changeable. SO I had to get a new SIM and that forced activation to occur again and it sent down the tracphone APN instead of verizon and TADA data works!

I had one of $1 Tracphone sims from BestBuy to fix it. The OLD sim was several years old AKA a pageplus original sim instead of Tracphone.

Oh I also had to have PP set my new SIM as active on my account. It does not reset your plan or anything like that.
    A tracphone sim works fine with page plus?

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A tracphone sim works fine with page plus?
    Sure does, they are owned by tracphone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast