Thread: Chatr/Mobilicity SIM card work on Rogers IPhone?

Feedback Score

Chatr/Mobilicity SIM card work on Rogers IPhone?

Hi everyone my account will be migrating over to Chatr tonight and I was wondering what I be able to use my mobilicity Sim card in a Rogers iPhone?

Feedback Score
    Don't know about Moblicity sim card. But if you get a Chatr sim then yes you will be able to

Sent from my A0001 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Not related but for info, I did changed SIM card from mobilicity to chatr and dealer charged 10$ plus tax , but got credited for that from customer service . Apn setting got changed to LTEchatrweb.apn

Feedback Score
    Mobilicity sim cards will not work in any Rogers-locked devices.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by channi_loveable View Post
    Not related but for info, I did changed SIM card from mobilicity to chatr and dealer charged 10$ plus tax , but got credited for that from customer service . Apn setting got changed to LTEchatrweb.apn
    You have an LTE apn? Can you connect to LTE ?

Feedback Score
    I will test and update

Feedback Score
    I will test and update
    Turned LTE on but still connected to 3G as think chatr is only restricted to 3G.

Device(s)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity/Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Turned LTE on but still connected to 3G as think chatr is only restricted to 3G.
    That's correct

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO using HoFo mobile app
    Tired of cell phone unpredictaBILLS? I can help!
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. I have the feeling that they pushed your APN to "LTEchatrweb.apn" proactively because they will enable LTE at some point in the future to compete with Public and/or Wind
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Desire 601
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Thanks for the update. I have the feeling that they pushed your APN to "LTEchatrweb.apn" proactively because they will enable LTE at some point in the future to compete with Public and/or Wind
    That's a good deal for Mobi customers if that happens. Rogers will most likely rollout spectrum that works on all current phones (they don't have aws-3).

Uniquely, if Wind only rollsout aws-3 on LTE, it is certain people will jump ship to Public and Chatr for LTE compatibility.
    Customers will be satisfied, even if they throttle to 8mbps on LTE.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using HoFo mobile app
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Unfortunately "at some point in the future" was a wish I couldn't wait for. I just got tired of how crappy things got after the Chatr move and had to let go of a sweet Mobi plan.

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mchammered View Post
    Unfortunately "at some point in the future" was a wish I couldn't wait for. I just got tired of how crappy things got after the Chatr move and had to let go of a sweet Mobi plan.
    I don't blame you.

I've been going thru chatr's in house escalation process. I'm convinced it's run by a bunch of mickey mouse d1ps#its .
    It has reached levels of incompetence and nonsense that rival's the "good old days" of deplorable Rogers (dis)service.

I really haven't ever had such terrible service since I was last with Rogers 5 or 6 years ago.

One final escalation and then a good solid complaint at CCTS for the record.

I'm really really really disappointed. I'll post up more details as things develop.