Thread: looking for a new mvno

Feedback Score

looking for a new mvno

We have 4 phones on Airvice $10/250 plan right now. the kids are starting to eat through data though so I would like to move over to something else, maybe a family plan or shared data. Does anyone have suggestions? We want to stay on AT&T. Very little voice, a bunch of texting.

I have checked out consumer cellular (extra taxes fees?, includes roaming?, shared data?) vs Cricket. I am not sure what would be the best choice. How much in fees would Conusmer cellular be for 4 phones on their 250/4gb plan?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Out of those two I'd recommend Cricket. On Consumer Cellular you'd be at $85/month (before taxes) for four lines and only have 250 minutes and 4GB of data to share between all lines. On Cricket you'd have unlimited minutes (any home phones to kill?), and 2.5GB of data for each line, at a flat $100/month. You could add a 5th line for free (know anyone willing to pay you $20 or $30 for that line that's costing you nothing?). And you get unlimited 2G data after 2.5GB of data is used up, so the kids could still chat/Snap/e-mail even when their LTE data is used up. Cricket does not have roaming, but neither does AirVoice, so your coverage would be the same.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    I hate this. Are we now always supposed to guess the amounts of min/txt/data needed?
    Last edited by zapjb; 11-07-2016 at 01:10 AM.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    I should have stated that but I was more interested in the details like roaming, fees and taxes. I did state that we had minimal voice minutes (you could have assumed 250 min is enough). As far as Data I indicated that it was more that what we were getting with Airvoice. Both CC and Cricket offer varying levels of data in their plans and I didn't really ask how much data I should get. Without doing calculations it seemed like the /GB cost of those two seems similar.

Thanks Volaris for your opinion.