Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Personal Hotspot with Chatr Sim

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr
    Feedback Score

No Personal Hotspot with Chatr Sim

Just noticed on my iPhone 6 that the personal hotspot is blocked with a message saying I need to call Rogers to activate it 😡 I regret changing my sim card

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    why am I having visions of the chatr monkeys saying "sorry, data sharing isn't offered... tethering is not included"

let us know how it goes

Device(s)
    Motorola i576 Mike
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Make sure you have correct APN at the tethering setting under cellular data options.

Feedback Score
    The problem is you can't get to the cellular data options with a chatr SIM card

Feedback Score
    Hotspot is available on android(confirmed ) and on iOS if u are able to add chatrisp.apn in ur hotspot setting then it will also work , I m currently in talk with rogers to get this thing sorted out and latest rep did figured out there are some apn restriction that needs to be removed by chatr tech support than after that hot spot will work on iOS.
    If some one have direct tech support number plz let us know as regular overseas customer service is crap .

Feedback Score
    Rogers tech support number. It says one number but they deal with everything. They are open 24/7 https://www.rogersonenumber.ca/help/...ort_Contact_Us

Sent from my A0001 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    In case the link doesn't work. The number is 1-888-764-3771

Feedback Score
    Already called them and they noticed some apn restriction and they can't remove it and left a note on account with details but now I can't find tech support for chatr.
    I will trying calling again today to Rogers's support.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr
    Feedback Score
    I called chatr tech support. They transferred me to Apple saying they don't give tech support for Apple products. The chatr tech support assured me I can use data tethering, but doesn't know how to set it on the iPhone. Didn't have time to wait for Apple tech will try calling them today.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    I was able to hotspot this morning without having to play with any settings. I'm still using my old Mobilicity SIM card.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr
    Feedback Score
    I had no issues with my mobilicity sim as well it's just with the new chatr sim. Just an update on this issue. I spoke to Apple and they really took the time and tried to help me out. We even called chatr and got them on the phone. That didn't help either chatr techs were not as helpful. One thing I did found out from them is that we need to go to chatrmobile.com/setmyiphone to get the chatr profile that installs with the apn settings. What me and the Apple senior tech figured out is that when we visited the site on an iOS 10 device the install doesn't work, but for iOS 9.3.5 and older devices it works. So it looks like there is an issue that the chatr address can't recognize the iPhone with iOS 10, but it does recognize an older iPhone with iOS 9. Apple tech escalated the issue with one of their engineers to see if they can somehow help get the profile sent to my iPhone. Let's see what happens

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheystar View Post
    I had no issues with my mobilicity sim as well it's just with the new chatr sim. Just an update on this issue. I spoke to Apple and they really took the time and tried to help me out. We even called chatr and got them on the phone. That didn't help either chatr techs were not as helpful. One thing I did found out from them is that we need to go to chatrmobile.com/setmyiphone to get the chatr profile that installs with the apn settings. What me and the Apple senior tech figured out is that when we visited the site on an iOS 10 device the install doesn't work, but for iOS 9.3.5 and older devices it works. So it looks like there is an issue that the chatr address can't recognize the iPhone with iOS 10, but it does recognize an older iPhone with iOS 9. Apple tech escalated the issue with one of their engineers to see if they can somehow help get the profile sent to my iPhone. Let's see what happens
    Visit this site on your iPhone and download the settings for Chatr https://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/#content

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    On the subject of APNs, I noticed that the ones on my phone still point to davewireless.com.

Shouldn't it be a Chatr or Rogers APN now that I've migrated?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Went there it still doesn't work 😞

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast