Thread: ATTN MODS - Why is Public Buried?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score

ATTN MODS - Why is Public Buried?

I sent a couple of PMs for this and even posted before
    If you are on main page for Canadian Carrier discussion, the "other TELUS carriers" is not visible until you click through
    So many people don't see this forum at all

Also, since Public was ALWAYS prepaid, why is there no link to them from prepay section? They are only carrier who never gave any kind of hardware subsidy (even Mobi did at one point)

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Yep, both Bell and Rogers have a laundry-list of forums. Why not PM? And, it's not a CDMA provider anymore, either...
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    PM offers the best value wireless plan in Canada, and still nowhere to be found on the Forums page.
    http://www.howardforums.com/forum.php

It's not like the issue hasn't been raised before.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...7#post16547257
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...7#post16583967

What's up with this?

Ironically the Public Mobile forum has a total of four Mods attached to it.

--
    The last brand to be moved was Public
    HoFo buried it

The ONLY way to view Public now is to ENTER the Telus forum
    It's weird on main page it only shows Telus / Koodo

The last move KILLED the Public forum since I am betting 99% of the users have no clue where it went
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...6#post16665086

Visitors to HowardForums should be able to see their options. It shouldn't be a treasure hunt.
    Last edited by pjw918; 11-11-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    The Canadian Prepaid/MVNO/Value-brand forums should have their own full listing on the main forums page, with the links instead under the carrier.
    That way users can see at a glance when new posts have been made, thread topic, poster, etc.

Just like for the US forums.
    http://www.howardforums.com/forum.php

But who's listening.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KeyONE, BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Not sure who you PM'd, but I never received anything from you (or anyone else) about this. I can add a sub-link under TELUS if that's what you guys want

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Not sure who you PM'd, but I never received anything from you (or anyone else) about this. I can add a sub-link under TELUS if that's what you guys want
    Yes, please add it.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KeyONE, BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It's done.

Feedback Score
    ^Thank you

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    It's done.
    Thanks for adding a link to Public Mobile under Telus on the main page, DennyCrane. It's appreciated! A few additional suggestions:

- Remove (or deeply bury) the "Solo Mobile" forum, as Bell ended the service years ago, and the last post I was able to find there was from 2010.

- Add a "Cityfone" sub-forum under Rogers. A surprising number of people are on Cityfone as the service is re-branded and sold by a bunch of different companies under a tonne of different names such as "BMO Talk & Earn", "Talk & Save", "Zoomer Wireless", "Primus Wireless", and "SimplyConnect". No matter which of those you sign up with, your bill comes from Cityfone, the plans and devices on offer are the same for all six brands, and Cityfone provides all the customer service. Cityfone has been owned by Rogers since 2010, and they have interesting promos from time to time.

- Add Public Mobile and Cityfone to this list of "Canadian Prepaid/MVNO Discussion", and remove Solo Mobile (I mentioned Public Mobile, so I guess I'm still on topic! ).

- Add a link Roam Mobility to the list of U.S. MVNOs. Its U.S. wireless service is now being marketed to non-Canadians who're travelling to the U.S., and there are some Americans using it as their regular wireless service, so there are people around the world who would expect to find it under US MVNOs. Plus Roam offers Canadian roaming to Americans now, another reason to put a link to it there as well.

I think these would be significant improvements, that hopefully wouldn't be tonnes of work. Thanks again, DennyCrane!
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    FYI the descriptor should be updated as well, given that it lists Public as a CDMA provider.