Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Mint SIM - Currently $35 for 3 months of service with unlimited talk, text, 2gb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agalvan View Post
    I have never had an issue with hotspotting with Mint.

It is included as a feature:

"Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (SMHS); turn your device into a WiFi hotspot"

https://www.mintsim.com/plans/mint-small-3-months/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using HoFo mobile app
    It used to be excluded specifically in the terms - though still worked. Glad they include it now.

Feedback Score
    a warning to those with phablets:

I have an Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (SGP621). It's called a tablet due to its size, but it is essentially a phone, and it works no different than any Android phone. I used it on Metro PCS for more than a year, no problems (and AT&T prior to that).

I took advantage of Mintsim's Black Friday deal, and finally got around to porting tonight. I can talk and text and I set up the APN properly - but if I try to use the data connection I get forwarded to a T-Mobile webpage which tells me that my data plan is not compatible with my device, and that I need to switch to a tablet data plan...

I e-mailed Mintsim, but I'm not expecting that they will be able to do anything for me...I'm kinda bummed...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thref23 View Post

I have an Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (SGP621). It's called a tablet due to its size, but it is essentially a phone, and it works no different than any Android phone. I used it on Metro PCS for more than a year, no problems (and AT&T prior to that).

I took advantage of Mintsim's Black Friday deal, and finally got around to porting tonight. I can talk and text and I set up the APN properly - but if I try to use the data connection I get forwarded to a T-Mobile webpage which tells me that my data plan is not compatible with my device, and that I need to switch to a tablet data plan...

I e-mailed Mintsim, but I'm not expecting that they will be able to do anything for me...I'm kinda bummed...
    Wow...that must be frustrating!

When did you last use the tablet on MetroPCS?

Please let us know what MintSIM ends up telling you.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the heads-up, I have the medium mint plan that I haven't activated yet, and was planning on using it in my at &t unlocked tablet, I assumed it would work based on the fact I've used TracFone based sims in it with no problems, both at&t /TMobile based sims. I got the same upsell page after about a month of using a T-Mobile prepaid sim. I wonder why TracFone sims don't seem to be a problem in other devices, yet mint Sim are?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, I have the medium mint plan that I haven't activated yet, and was planning on using it in my at &t unlocked tablet, I assumed it would work based on the fact I've used TracFone based sims in it with no problems, both at&t /TMobile based sims. I got the same upsell page after about a month of using a T-Mobile prepaid sim. I wonder why TracFone sims don't seem to be a problem in other devices, yet mint Sim are?
    So, this is embarrassing...

I feel stupid, as I have realized that my port never went through. I had called my voicemail last night, and I got a Mintsim recording, so I figured it had gone through (stupid). Far as data is concerned, the behavior I had observed is the same as I observed when I was on T-Mobile prepaid, and they disabled my data because they detected that I was using a tablet (it wasn't a problem until the model # was added to T-Mo's free data 4 life list). So it brought back bad memories and I assumed the worst.

I got a digit wrong on the account number when porting. Hopefully I'll be up and running tomorrow. I'll report back...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    So, this is embarrassing...

I feel stupid, as I have realized that my port never went through. I had called my voicemail last night, and I got a Mintsim recording, so I figured it had gone through (stupid). Far as data is concerned, the behavior I had observed is the same as I observed when I was on T-Mobile prepaid, and they disabled my data because they detected that I was using a tablet (it wasn't a problem until the model # was added to T-Mo's free data 4 life list). So it brought back bad memories and I assumed the worst.

I got a digit wrong on the account number when porting. Hopefully I'll be up and running tomorrow. I'll report back...
    Thanks for letting us know what happened. Hopefully it works right after the port is properly completed!

Feedback Score
    And I'm up and running. Activation would have been pain free if I got my account number right. Phone support was actually really helpful and I didn't have to wait on hold. Data works. Mintsim rocks so far....

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    And I'm up and running. Activation would have been pain free if I got my account number right. Phone support was actually really helpful and I didn't have to wait on hold. Data works. Mintsim rocks so far....
    Excellent! Thanks for the info!

My wife used Ultra Mobile for just over a year, and service was good, so I would expect the same from MintSIM. Hopefully the good service continues!

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Wow, what a refreshing change! Someone who admits it's user error. Funny how many who complain about this or that never admit it.

Device(s)
    One Plus One
    Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Switched over, coverage not as good as H2O / ATT but very fast network speed in my metropolitan area.
    Completely satisfactory for me, $45 bucks for 6 months service? Outstanding!
    Number ported no problem, but yes be careful, easy to make a mistake.
    h2o is a pain you have to call to get your info to port.

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    I switched from the TPO $7.99 plan. I wanted a little more speed for streaming music when the 4G runs out.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mint Sim now offering $5 sim kits to try before you buy.

• For just $5, we’ll send you two SIM cards—download our free Mint SIM app to activate the first SIM and test Mint where you live, work, and play
    • Trial includes 100MB of 4G LTE data, 100 text messages, and 60 minutes of talk
    • Once you know we're a match, choose the plan that's right for you and use the second SIM to transfer your current phone number to Mint (or keep your new number with the first)
    • We’ll even credit the $5 back when you purchase any full Mint SIM plan through the Mint app after your trial. Score!

https://www.amazon.com/Mint-SIM-Star...6313659&sr=8-1

Looks like you have to use their app to activate the sim, and early reviews of the app weren't good.

This is a review for the app, not the service. I purchased the trial sim through the app. You cannot activate these sims on the main website, only through the app. Once you decide to upgrade, you cannot purchase a plan from the main website. Again, you have to use the app. The app will not accept credit cards. The best part? Customer service informed me they do not provide help with the app. Emailing customer service landed me a response to use the main website. The main website doesn't offer the same $45 three month deal.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is 100MB supposed to be a joke? I can't see anyone testing data with just 100mb. One lte speed test will likely consume most or all of it.

60 minutes of talk is reasonable to try it out in different places.

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got my daughter's VM iPhone 7 unlocked (free at last!) and we are thinking of going to mintsim as she (somehow?). burns (loses?) about 5gb of data per month. We tried tmo on her old 5s a couple of years ago and it kinda sucked.

That amazon trial gets expensive after shipping if you aren't a Prime member (I'm not)

They have a 7day money back guarantee through the mint website on the 3 month plans . I asked them if we could try it and if we liked it, port in. They said we could , but we would have to just return the first SIM for refund and get a new one as they couldn't port after it was activated (so that will cost about $5 to try,looks like).

Question is, has anyone used their 7 day guarantee refund deal? Hassle?
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Is 100MB supposed to be a joke? I can't see anyone testing data with just 100mb. One lte speed test will likely consume most or all of it.

60 minutes of talk is reasonable to try it out in different places.
    I agree 100%. Need more like 500meg to allow for a handful of speedtests, etc..

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast