Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Mint SIM - Currently $35 for 3 months of service with unlimited talk, text, 2gb

Feedback Score
    I haven't tried yet, but will endeavor to do so in the next few days.

I think I'll end up sticking with Mint for a while. I swapped my SIM into my dual-sim international Moto G4, and learned that the phone has all of T-Mo's LTE bands, so I'll keep the Mint SIM as my primary and keep a FreedomPop SIM in the second slot disabled just in case I ever happen to get outside of the T-Mo coverage area. I don't think I've done that in quite a while, so should be a perfect little backup.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone have any dealings with this company lately?

Seems the chat function is never available on the website, and contacting customer service usually results in a "no agents available", then hangs up. I noticed these issues over the course of last week as I was trying to get some relatives signed up and had additional questions.

Feedback Score
    They initially had some trouble porting my number out of Ringplus but they sorted it out for me. Sending an email gets a reasonably fast response. I'm happy with my service so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    They initially had some trouble porting my number out of Ringplus but they sorted it out for me. Sending an email gets a reasonably fast response. I'm happy with my service so far.
    Whats the CS email address?

Feedback Score
    Just bought the $35 3 month pack Hope this goes good! 2 CSRs told me they have voice roaming with mint sim in the domestic US so hope its true.

Device(s)
    LG G2 VS980
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket eBay Plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKNOTTS66 View Post
    Just bought the $35 3 month pack Hope this goes good! 2 CSRs told me they have voice roaming with mint sim in the domestic US so hope its true.
    Wow. That would be amazing. The last I knew, Ultra Mobile, the parent/primary MVNO, did NOT include roaming.

Feedback Score
    Only Voice roaming they said.

Device(s)
    LG G2 VS980
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket eBay Plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKNOTTS66 View Post
    Only Voice roaming they said.
    That would still be a good thing, if it is accurate,

Feedback Score
    That would be incredible. I'd be surprised, though.

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Feedback Score
    I have the 10gb promo on my phone and the 2gb one in a tablet at work so I can stream Spotify. You get to choose your music on their free plan but only on a tablet or PC.

Sent from my SM-N920T using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnlg View Post
    I have the 10gb promo on my phone and the 2gb one in a tablet at work so I can stream Spotify. You get to choose your music on their free plan but only on a tablet or PC.

Sent from my SM-N920T using HoFo mobile app
    Only on tablet and pc?

That is mint or that is spotify?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    Only on tablet and pc?

That is mint or that is spotify?
    Hes talking about spotify, theres no free music with mint

Sent from my MHA-L29 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    I ordered two of the promo 3-month SIMs a couple of weeks ago and sat on them for a few days. Over the weekend I decided to port one of my good Google Voice numbers in to give it a test. The port went through smoothly; calling and data worked immediately, and texting worked by the end of the day. I did not use the suggested APNs provided by Mint, but rather stuck with the default set. Anyway, the service has been working flawlessly for me for the past few days, and I was able to enable wifi calling on my Nexus 6 - although the N6 appears to lose the wifi calling connection seemingly randomly, even though it stays connected to wifi. LTE speeds and latency are much better for me around here than I experienced on Cricket or Ringplus. Voice quality is good. As with Cricket and Ringplus, I also don't get a signal in my underground parking garage at work, but that could change when Band 12 rolls out.

A big plus - I really like the Mint OLAM. It's quick and not loaded down with a bunch of nonsense. It has everything I need, and you can easily change your billing information, see data balance, etc. Those of you interested, it does not have domestic call logs, only international (because you have to pay extra for international calls, I guess).

All in all, if you get good T-Mobile coverage, Mint appears to be a steal.
    Regarding Google Voice and hope you can help: I attempted twice to port my GV number to Cricket and MetroPCS and all store c/s reps said they did not know how to do it. My GV is unlocked and ready to port out. I read somewhere that the last four numbers of the phone number is the PIN..correct? Maybe I just need to do it online. I'm nervous about this process as it's my primary business contact number. You say you just went with the default APN..was that sent to the phone upon activation? What about MMS as I definitely need picture mail to work? Thanks much!
    Oh, and does anyone know if a unlocked At&t branded ZTE ZMAX2 or a unlocked Cricket branded Alcatel One Touch Flint have all the bands for T-Mo?
    Flint shows: Connectivity
    GSM Quad (850/900/1800/1900)
    UMTS 850/1700/1900 HSPA+
    LTE Bands:B2/4/5/12

ZTE ZMAX2 shows: (850/900/1800/1900MHz), UMTS (850/1900/AWS), and LTE (2/4/5/17) bands

Would the Alcatel phone be the better one to use since it shows it to have Band 12?

EDIT: I went to check out and shipping to California $8.10 and another regulatory fees at $3.80?? Damn, the shipping is high for such a lightweight item.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Getting way too much flack from a family member about dropped calls. Apparently tmobile hasn't improved coverage in their immediate area in the last 2 years. Will be porting out near the end of the promo to an att mvno.

The chat option is gone from the site. Contacting support results in a message about leaving a voice mail with a call back number. Ended up calling ultra mobile to get the account # and pin. They guy even offered a discount to stay, but that doesn't help matters if reception is weak here. The rep did mention contacting mintsim directly, but was willing to help after I told him of the above. The currently registered imei and sim icc id was used to verify the account. Whole process took about 25 minutes. Longer than expected. We'll see how challenging the actual port out is in about a month.

Device(s)
    LG G2 VS980
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket eBay Plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Getting way too much flack from a family member about dropped calls. Apparently tmobile hasn't improved coverage in their immediate area in the last 2 years. Will be porting out near the end of the promo to an att mvno.

The chat option is gone from the site. Contacting support results in a message about leaving a voice mail with a call back number. Ended up calling ultra mobile to get the account # and pin. They guy even offered a discount to stay, but that doesn't help matters if reception is weak here. The rep did mention contacting mintsim directly, but was willing to help after I told him of the above. The currently registered imei and sim icc id was used to verify the account. Whole process took about 25 minutes. Longer than expected. We'll see how challenging the actual port out is in about a month.
    What phone is the family member using? Is it one with all T-Mobile bands/frequencies?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast