Thread: Verizon increases data for Walmart Plan

Feedback Score

Verizon increases data for Walmart Plan

Now $50 gets 7GB and $70 gets 12GB.

Any thoughts?

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    My first thought was at&t postpaid needs to be updated. $50 for 1gb vs $50 for 7gb on verizon prepaid. Att has cricket (I think similar GB for $50) but their postpaid seems outdated especially for one line. I wouldn't even mention att postpaid if it weren't for the postpaid losses they've had.

That's a good deal from verizon. Competition is heating up for sure

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgold View Post

Any thoughts?
    It sounds good but Cricket $45/8 GB (16+GB) tax & fees included sounds better. Besides, Verizon not letting unknown IMEI unlocked phones on network , so difficult to get BYOD in is the deal breaker.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    It sounds good but Cricket $45/8 GB (16+GB) tax & fees included sounds better. Besides, Verizon not letting unknown IMEI unlocked phones on network , so difficult to get BYOD in is the deal breaker.
    That's a good point. I also forgot about the autopay discount

Feedback Score
    No data throttle and hotspot on Verizon though. If the data allotments were the same, I'd have to really think about heading to Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgold View Post

Any thoughts?
    Nice, prepaid options getting more competitive. AT&T should get even more competitive. At some point, with full LTE on Verizon prepaid + native hotspot it becomes very hard to resist.

Love my unlimited plan on Cricket but this is a very good competitive move by Verizon. AT&T GoPhone is the direct competitor to Verizon prepaid so wondering if they will do anything more.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Nice, prepaid options getting more competitive. AT&T should get even more competitive. At some point, with full LTE on Verizon prepaid + native hotspot it becomes very hard to resist.

Love my unlimited plan on Cricket but this is a very good competitive move by Verizon. AT&T GoPhone is the direct competitor to Verizon prepaid so wondering if they will do anything more.
    VoLTE on Verizon prepaid makes it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score

Verizon prepaid is better than Verizon postpaid now if you haven't noticed, postpaid still get you overage charge....$20 line access, etc
    https://youtu.be/OOEp1Ae35Ds
    His video makes sense

Feedback Score
    Verizon prepaid is better than Verizon postpaid now if you haven't noticed, postpaid still get you overage charge....$20 line access, etc
    https://youtu.be/OOEp1Ae35Ds
    His video makes sense
    The only thing Verizon post-paid offers over pre-paid is ability to roam.

But yes, pre-paid seems to be a much better deal for post-paid with most carriers (except maybe crappy Sprint because they don't care about pre-paid).

Consumers probably still have negative perceptions of pre-paid over post-paid, so they go for post-paid think it's the only option.

Just like my friend who refuses to leave a vastly inferior post-paid plan for a vastly superior pre-paid plan. You can't fix stupid.

Device(s)
    Huawei Honor 6X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Just like my friend who refuses to leave a vastly inferior post-paid plan for a vastly superior pre-paid plan. You can't fix stupid.
    My coworkers are the worst for this. I tell them about their pre-paid options but "I save 10% off my Verizon/AT&T/Sprint because my spouse works X" and they assume post-paid is the only way to get signal. OR "I don't want to pay for a new phone but I'll sign a 2 year contract for overpriced plans"...

You can't fix stupid.
    I miss my Sidekick LX.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score

The only thing Verizon post-paid offers over pre-paid is ability to roam.

According to his chat with Verizon Rep transcript ( scroll down through his description under video) Verizon prepaid roam the same as postpaid... hard to believe I will wait to see the real detailed listing $50/7 GB on Verizon website then I believe....
    I found this 1/2 price SIM kit if you all interested to jump ship.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/acce...ctivation-kit/
    and Walmart kit:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-B...d-Kit/40716598

Feedback Score
    I do like having more phone options with Cricket but I'd probably jump over to Verizon Prepaid if I got service at the cabin. As it stands, I'll be moving my single line to Gophone soon.

Feedback Score
    Theres alot of options which is good for us, no more monopoly. Only thing which cricket beats every other prepaid company is with the group/family plan which can bring your plan to as low as $20 per line and $50 per line on unlimited, of course thats assuming you have 5 lines

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1480018183.773296.jpg
Views: 4723
Size:  91.0 KB

That what I thought, in order to get 7 GB on that $50 Verizon prepaid you must buy and activate Walmart phone! Then the system will give you 2 extra bonus GB monthly.... so the deal is fishy always fishy. I quoted from Verizon prepaid forum, So you only get 5GB on $50 plan if you don't buy Walmart phone and activate. It's not deal for BYOD , sorry
    Now back to Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1480018183.773296.jpg
Views: 4723
Size:  91.0 KB

That what I thought, in order to get 7 GB on that $50 Verizon prepaid you must buy and activate Walmart phone! Then the system will give you 2 extra bonus GB monthly.... so the deal is fishy always fishy. I quoted from Verizon prepaid forum, So you only get 5GB on $50 plan if you don't buy Walmart phone and activate. It's not deal for BYOD , sorry
    Now back to Cricket.
    The majority of prepaid users don't byod anyway. Just as the majority of cricket users buy a cricket phone. If people didnt, there would be no use for cricket stores trying to peddle their devices with stupid 25 dollar fees. For someone who buys a phone from Walmart to use with Verizon prepaid 7gb for 50 bucks is a heck of a deal for Verizon service. 12gb for 70 is even better. It really doesn't affect cricket much, they offer 2 different types of service for 2 different customers,but it is a good deal none the less.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast