Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Directv Now for Cricket Wireless

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Directv Now for Cricket Wireless

Cricket Offers One-Month Free

Cricket Wireless is giving entertainment fans once again something to smile about, with a chance to give the new DIRECTV NOW service a try for one month at no charge. Customers can visit their local Cricket Wireless store to learn more about a one-month free trial of DIRECTV NOW beginning tomorrow, November 30, 2016, and watch the best of live TV and stream the hottest on-demand shows, sports and movies while on the go or at home.

Access and stream content over a wireless or wired internet connection from any U.S. provider and from a variety of connected devices. There are no annual contracts and no required equipment to install.

DIRECTV NOW is the perfect entertainment package for customers with regular access to Wi-Fi or subscribed to the Cricket $70 Unlimited Plan. The Cricket Wi-Fi app, preloaded on all Cricket Android smartphones and available to all Cricket customers, is one of the easiest ways to find free public Wi-Fi hotspots to stay connected to Wi-Fi while on the go.

DIRECTV NOW programming packages are modeled after the DIRECTV satellite TV service, putting the most popular channels together for a great entertainment value:

Live a Little – $35/month – 60+ channels
    Just Right – $50/month – 80+ channels
    Go Big – $60/month – 100+ channels
    Got to Have it - $70/month – 120+ channels
    Fans of HBO and Cinemax can add these channels for just $5 each per month in addition to your base programming package.

Also, for a limited time once you sign up, you can also receive the Go Big package with more than 100 channels for an introductory price of $35 per month. This is a limited time offer. Customers who sign up for this offer will continue to enjoy this special price for as long as you keep the package, subject only to future reasonable programming price increases applicable to all packages.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Awesome offer! I was curious about this as we have uverse. I wonder if this is it just a trial on smartphone or does the trial work over array of devices.
    Sign up each new ported-in line (within the last 30 days) for Cricket Rewards with http://getm.pt/mrw4vo?STEVENP-0FCEE2

and receive $25 in account credit.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I'll get the Go Big $60 package for $35 for as long as I want to keep it offer.

I'm curious though....so this will work on Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV/Stick?
    How many TVs can get access in the house?
    Are there local channels?
    Any way to record channels like with a DVR?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post

I'm curious though....so this will work on Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV/Stick?
    I'm doing the same (dropping SlingTV to switch) and doing the pay 3 months in advance for free Apple TV deal.

Feedback Score
    I was curious if cricket would count towards the no data usage. I figured it would just be at&t postpaid, but this is good info to know.

Feedback Score
    I looked but I'm confused.

What is DirectTV FreeVIEW? Is it really free or do you have to enter your cable subscription UN & PW?
    Do I need a dish? Will my 6MB AT&T DSL work with DirectNOW?
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score

It does NOT work with Roku. They are hoping to get it working next year. Only launching with the following devices:

• Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
    • Android mobile devices and tablets
    • iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
    • Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017)
    • Google Cast-enabled LeEco ecotvs and VIZIO SmartCast Displays
    • Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari web browsers

You can stream with two TVs.

Local channels are dependent on the market (restricted rights) and in most of the US it won't be available. I just recently dumped Comcast X1 TV and just kept their internet. I'm currently trying out Sling TV (Free 2 month trial from ordering any digital device) and have to use an indoor HD antenna from Channel Master to receive my local channels. But it all depends how far away you are from the towers and what obstacles are in your path of signal. You may have to get a high power antenna and put it in the attic or outside on the roof to reach the signal.

No DVR yet (coming in 2017)

Directv Now is also giving away FREE Apple TV 32 GB 4th gen($150 value) to DirecTV Now subscribers who pre-pay for 3 months of service including the $35/month package. You can also get a free Amazon Fire TV stick ($30) for prepaying just 1-month. If you don't already have a streaming device that maybe the route to go and not waste it on the Cricket free trial.

I can say if you or your family are heavy tv users that watch a lot of different channels and need multiple streams, DVR, etc., the traditional cable or dish company packages might be a better fit. There are definite cons and downsides to cutting the cord and it's not perfect.

Pretty interesting times right now with streaming tv though. It reminds me of prepaid phone a few years ago when the new Cricket started. All these new streaming companies coming out at the moment giving away free devices to get you as a subscriber!

I think Playstation Vue streaming has the best overall service so far. Although they just recently lost their Viacom channels so it depends what you like.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

Here is a Directv NOW channel list.

Name:  SeZ5oi1.png
Views: 5304
Size:  700.7 KB
    Last edited by 12thman; 11-29-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    No DVR.
    Thanks for the info. I may try out DirecTV Now, but will probably switch to Playstation Vue for the DVR functionality. Both Dish Network (Sling) and DirecTV (DirecTV Now) are dipping their toes into the water of streaming content, but they don't want to make it as functional as their overpriced satellite services for fear of having their satellite subscribers switch to the cheaper streaming services. Thus, no DVR and as shown by Sling, poor implementation where their servers can't keep up with streaming content for popular shows like MNF and Walking Dead. Sling just announced a Beta DVR, but it can't pause or record ESPN! Come on, man! PS Vue seems to be a much better implementation of streaming networks as they actually want people to switch from overpriced satellite services.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Do you know what channels line up included in streaming package? I have all chromecast ready to stream to big screen but need more detail. So you have to be on $70 plan and buy additional $ package that they listed?
    Or another way use your current wifi but buy their streaming packages?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Local channels are available in select markets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wondering what the taxes and fees will be like.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket & PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    I talked with cricket CS and he tried to do what he could to activate the Go Big directv plan for me but in the end it turns out it has to be done at a cricket or gamestop store as indicated in other posts. According to the CSR the store sends you a link to download the directvnow app and you complete the sign up process through the app. That app seems to not be available in the play store. The cricket csr first had me go to directvnow.com to sign up and download the app - once there all that is found is "available soon" and a sign up page to get notified when it becomes available.

I called my local gamestop and was told that they have very limited info on this right now and that they will be on a conference/training call later today. The gamestop rep said that the actual true startup of this is tomorrow. That's about all he knew at this point.

The cricket csr stated that the directvnow was only available to people on the cricket $50 and up plans. I let him know that I am on a 5 line $100 plan (all lines on the basic plan), he put me on hold and when he came back said that I am eligible "with that many lines".

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Wondering what the taxes and fees will be like.

Probably will be the same as Sling TV and PS Vue -- regular state sales tax rate. None of that additional tax/fee/gov non-sense from traditional cable companies.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Send an IM to deezit and he can connect you without going to the store.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    Thanks for the info. I may try out DirecTV Now, but will probably switch to Playstation Vue for the DVR functionality. Both Dish Network (Sling) and DirecTV (DirecTV Now) are dipping their toes into the water of streaming content, but they don't want to make it as functional as their overpriced satellite services for fear of having their satellite subscribers switch to the cheaper streaming services. Thus, no DVR and as shown by Sling, poor implementation where their servers can't keep up with streaming content for popular shows like MNF and Walking Dead. Sling just announced a Beta DVR, but it can't pause or record ESPN! Come on, man! PS Vue seems to be a much better implementation of streaming networks as they actually want people to switch from overpriced satellite services.
    I guess the DVR will be available next year for Directv Now. I signed up for the Sling Beta Dvr since I currently have a Roku. We'll see how that goes.

I read a lot of complaints about the stability of Sling watching sports and I have experienced this myself. Last night watching the Monday night football game on ESPN there were some times during the 2nd half that the stream was pausing intermittently and I had to restart a few times. Last Monday's game it wasn't even loading and was completely unwatchable. I haven't noticed any issues watching other channels though.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast