Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Directv Now for Cricket Wireless

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    So far liking it.. downside is no DVR but I know that's in the works.. Hopefully they are working on the same type of cloud DVR as sling. (recordings can be saved as long as you want unlike PlayStation)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Just noticed they have original content as well. I'm impressed and will keep this.time to cut the chord. Goodbye dish network. But I do agree with the ever issue. Need that for sure.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    So overall it's a solid product so far?

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The hiccups remind me a lot of Sling however I think they will work thru them. For me the "Sling Killer" was not having Big Ten network or the ESPN "ocho" channels which DTV Now has.

It works horrible to a 2nd gen AppleTV with Airplay my hope is that is gets much better with the newer AppleTV (and I assume a native app)

I will wait for the big premier or sports broadcast I can't watch before I throw them under the bus.

The lack of locals stink however it stunk before the spot beams on DTV too. Really I can deal with getting them OTA rather than paying extra for them on DTV Now. I have a Tivo with Lifetime so I can use that for the OTA's.

I think that would be the "Killer App" for me was if they could get Tivo on board, I realize Tivo want's their own service and why we can't see and awesome merge of a DTV Now app on Tivo like Amazon/Netflix has... however if anyone is going to do it it's DTV not Dish.

IMO on the technology side DTV has always blown Dish out of the water. The UI's on DTV and partnerships with Tivo have always made their products tower over Dish. I have not used the hopper and I hear it's much better.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I signed up for a free trial. We only have internet and Netflix. I tried Sling but didn't like it either. Hoping we will like this. I don't like that I can't stream from my iPad to my tv though.

Sent from my LG-K540 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    So far I enjoy it much better than sling. It has a much better "Guide", one more like a traditional guide.. it automatically starts on a channel just like real TV and so far I haven't experienced any hiccups.. also seems to work fine with two streams going at once.. DVR will keep me from cancelling dish for this, but it is neat to try

With that being said, not sure I'll switch from Dish to this even after DVR but we will see.. I refer a lot of friends to Dish (posting codes online) so my overall dish bill is under $35 most of the year.. I only pay two months a year of full price (over $100) (referrals are only good for 10 months with Dish)

So I'll continue to try it, I feel the technology is much better than sling! Going to give it an entire month to test it out and see.

The majority of the bugs and complaints seem to be about "casting" but I don't cast anything to my TV, I have never been a fan of casting and find that casting doesn't work nearly as well as traditional set top boxes.

I will be watching this almost exclusively for a month with Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant Video (won't use my dish this month).. I want to see it I even have enough bandwidth on my Comcast data limit (1TB) to even switch to streaming TV.. I tried a few trials with Sling but none were longer than 14 days.. This month trial will be a very good way to judge data.. I normally use about 400GB/Mo the with Hulu, Netflix, and Instant Video so I'll be pushing it close if I stream live TV I'd imagine

Last edited by devin37354; 12-05-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Directv Now for Cricket Wireless

My review after 3 days:
    Using the free Apple TV which replace Dish welcome plan which had no good channels.

Pro: ESPN, Amc and NBA
    Nice HD pic
    Cost: $35 go big plan

Con: occasional errors/freezing but it's new
    No CBS and NBC
    No DVD but there's always Kodi
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    My review after 3 days:
    Using the free Apple TV which replace Dish welcome plan which had no good channels.

Pro: ESPN, Amc and NBA
    Nice HD pic
    Cost: $35 go big plan

Con: occasional errors/freezing but it's new
    No CBS and NBC
    No DVD but there's always Kodi
    Wow you already received the AppleTV? Is there a native app?

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Fire TV has a native app and the app works fine on it I'm sure apple TV has a native app as well since those are the release devices

Feedback Score
    I signed up for dtv now and I get NBC and NBC sports I'm in the Philly area I get all locals except cbs

Sent from my SM-N910V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Wow you already received the AppleTV? Is there a native app?
    He probably picked one up at an AT&T corporate store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecoolguy17 View Post
    I signed up for dtv now and I get NBC and NBC sports I'm in the Philly area I get all locals except cbs

Sent from my SM-N910V using HoFo mobile app
    The NBC channel is based on location. My fiancé and I plan on getting a HDTV antenna to pick up all our local channels since DTV Now only gives us one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    can someone pm the link for a 30day trial.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $45 / 8 GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    can someone pm the link for a 30day trial.
    Me too if someone doesn't mind sharing, also does the link has expiration date? Just in case I try out later this month or in January.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Directv Now for Cricket Wireless

Yes I picked up the Apple TV at the att store. Not sure why NBC is not showing in the L.A area.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast