Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score

Bargain basement service

Public Mobile Announcement
    Update on Support
    posted Dec 1

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week.

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

Community Discussions
    -
    Last edited by pjw918; 12-03-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    Public Mobile Announcement
    Update on Support
    posted Dec 1

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week.

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

Community Discussions -
    Looks like some unrest:

http://productioncommunity.publicmob...ME/td-p/116744

http://productioncommunity.publicmob...ree/m-p/116712

http://productioncommunity.publicmob...120/m-p/116603

http://productioncommunity.publicmob...ing/m-p/116577

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    I don't fault people at all for wanting them to raise the bar on service, but in the big three world we live in the $40 plan is a heck of a deal. There's always a bit of a catch somewhere.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    I don't fault people at all for wanting them to raise the bar on service,
    Raise the bar?? It's subterranean.

Family Has Been Without Phone Service for 10 days, Data Three Weeks

DAY 14 and STILL no replies from MODs. About to demand for my $120 back

No Service/Failed Port from Nov 14th (20 days No Service)

Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    but in the big three world we live in the $40 plan is a heck of a deal.
    $120 non-refundable and no service is one hell of a deal.

Feedback Score
    It would be interesting to know how many people signed up for this promo and are happy.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    The majority, presumably.

Feedback Score

Many of these sad stories likely point to an element of user error. I just cannot fathom how a failed port can lead to no service. If the port is not successful the service with the old provider goes on as if nothing happened. If it is just an activation failure, well then the situation would be as if someone had no cell service and wants to start a new service but has to wait an extra week or so to get it. If you have been without service prior, then no big deal waiting a bit longer. Some of these complaints are probably embelished.

Feedback Score
    I fit that description.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abcanguy_eh View Post
    It would be interesting to know how many people signed up for this promo and are happy.
    I signed up, ported over in 15 minutes and had zero issues. This is the same with a dozen friends I helped port over as well.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    $120 non-refundable and no service is one hell of a deal.
    It is possible to get a refund, though you'd have to wait until your request gets to the top of the queue.

FWIW, I opened up an account without any problem, as did five people I helped. I am waiting to get my referral credits for the last four referrals, but all the lines work. If those don't come along in time then I'll ask about it once they get things under better control.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Two lines, no issues porting, great service, no regrets. I'm grateful for the government's "four providers" policy that led to Wind, and thus to deals like what Public offered. However, after six years we had to go with network quality instead of Wind's uncertain buildout time.

Feedback Score
    OP, I think you should revise the thread title to bargain basement support, exceptional service. It is Freedom that has the bargain basement service.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abcanguy_eh View Post
    Most of them
    There was an entire discussion on account numbers but apparently all old accounts were 6 digits now starting to use 7

I wouldn't be surprised if they added 100,000 in a month which is crazy for them

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    OP, I think you should revise the thread title to bargain basement support, exceptional service.
    You didn't bother to read the first post, it seems.

We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this.
    ...you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days.
    - Public Mobile
    Or the inconvenient fact of PM service failure doesn't fit your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    Many of these sad stories likely point to an element of user error.
    Some of these complaints are probably embelished.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Well you get what you pay for. They have to cut costs somewhere - and the service it is where they cut costs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast