Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bargain basement service

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    OP, I think you should revise the thread title to bargain basement support, exceptional service. It is Freedom that has the bargain basement service.
    I agree with this 100%

Feedback Score
    I find it funny how pjw finds something bad about public mobile and uses it to bash them since he's a wind supporter and the wind forum has been getting destroyed recently... Look I'm not saying that 12 days of waiting or more is acceptable and I would be pissed too since it's human nature, but, i also had two lines ported over and they were instant with no issues. Like will said, and I agree with him that majority of people who don't have service screwed up somewhere along the activation process. I'm sure there are people who did everything right and still got screwed but hey nothings perfect... Winds network doesn't work a good 50% of the time if not more and when you call customer service they are absolutely clueless and tell you to take your battery out and change your sim... I actually went as far as having my phone checked by Samsung because I did everything the wind people told me to do and the reception was still terrible... Of course nothing was wrong with my phone and I told wind that and they had no response other then giving me some credit to my account and that oh please be patient our service is going to improve blah blah... You're telling me that's good service? At least PM is doing something and trying to make it right and the network actually works 99% of the time

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I had an issue porting my Koodo number over to public mobile. I was without a phone for 3 days. They were swamped but still got my service up and running. They even reset my account to start on the day they got me running. I'm quite pleased with the service and saving hundreds of dollars a year for 2 lines I ported.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No real surprise, I think they were underprepared for the promo.

I've typically been fine with the service but I was locked out of my account for about a month due to a known "generic error" and then a plan change failed, resulting in me losing service for about a day (I have a second line without data and was on wifi for the day). This was really the only one incident in being with them for over a year. My experience has been once you are set up and you don't attempt to initiate a plan change, you will probably be fine.

On that note I'm waiting for my scheduled promo change over and will see how it goes.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I bet Wind wishes they had so many activations in a month it overwhelmed their servers

I saw both Virgin & Fido price matching Public
    Never saw that for Wind

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    I bet Wind wishes they had so many activations in a month it overwhelmed their servers

I saw both Virgin & Fido price matching Public
    Never saw that for Wind
    I believe Wind's attitude was we are the price leader, it is others attempting to match us. They no longer see the need to discount the product because it is inferior to others.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    I believe Wind's attitude was we are the price leader, it is others attempting to match us. They no longer see the need to discount the product because it is inferior to others.
    In their own minds perhaps
    Really the only cell co that ever gave a crap about Wind was Mobilicity during their epic run to the bottom

Now Wind has higher prices but same pathetic network (still promising new network is coming though)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    In their own minds perhaps
    Really the only cell co that ever gave a crap about Wind was Mobilicity during their epic run to the bottom

Now Wind has higher prices but same pathetic network (still promising new network is coming though)
    Yes they do have higher prices then before, but still the cheapest in terms of what you get calling and data wise verus the big 3 and flankers... Still, for how often the network works (rarely) you shouldn't be paying what they're asking

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A310 View Post
    Yes they do have higher prices then before, but still the cheapest in terms of what you get calling and data wise verus the big 3 and flankers... Still, for how often the network works (rarely) you shouldn't be paying what they're asking
    Freedom's not enough cheaper than Public Mobile or SK/MB/QC plans, I fear. Importantly, like Freedom, Public Mobile doesn't have data overage (it stops working rather than being throttled, but at least you don't get a big bill).
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    Freedom's not enough cheaper than Public Mobile or SK/MB/QC plans, I fear. Importantly, like Freedom, Public Mobile doesn't have data overage (it stops working rather than being throttled, but at least you don't get a big bill).
    Yes I agree, especially with PM's last promo that gave us province wide, global text and 4gb for 40... hard to beat that really since PM's network actually works unlike Wind/Freedom....

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido >> Wind >> Koodo >> Public-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All i can say is after being a PM customer for over than 2 months,
    I really now know the value of having a real customer care ..
    Now, don't get me wrong as I'm super happy about the 40$ deal but its just odd to notice and feel the lacking of supporting clients when it comes to porting or anything else related to our cellphone provider ..
    Sending and email or pm over the community is something not that friendly as it takes time and feels stupid ..
    But unfortunately, thats what we have and we better adjust ourselves to it ..

$40-($11 Credit)=$29+TAX/MO
    Province-wide talk & Global SMS/MMS 4GB LTE Voicemail + Call-Forwarding
    *Prepaid BYOP

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSong View Post
    ...feel the lacking of supporting clients when it comes to porting or anything else related to our cellphone provider ..

When I ported my sister over to PM, Fido refused to release the number, and ultimately, the port took 5 days. The reps did everything they could to facilitate the transition, and kept me updated by text msgs. I did not have any problems with CSR's at any time.

PM, Koodo, and other flankers are for people that want inexpensive service. They pay their bill, they get service. $38 for 4 gigs. That's why you're with PM.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    When I ported my sister over to PM, Fido refused to release the number, and ultimately, the port took 5 days. The reps did everything they could to facilitate the transition, and kept me updated by text msgs. I did not have any problems with CSR's at any time.

PM, Koodo, and other flankers are for people that want inexpensive service. They pay their bill, they get service. $38 for 4 gigs. That's why you're with PM.
    Make sure this inappropriate behavior is reported the the CRTC. Bhell blocks porting as well. They merely want to talk to you in a last ditch effort to keep you. Once that conversation is done, they release the number. Not sure why Fido needs to hang on for 5 days.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    That was 2 years ago, and the data rep didn't know that until the 4th day. That said, Rogers et al, won't be getting recommendations any time soon. Damn scumbags. I've never regretted moving to Koodo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2