Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Site Going Up

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    How are they in your market? You seeing a lot of densification going on ?
    I am in the northern suburbs. Verizon is best, followed by AT&T, then T-Mo and Sprint. All carriers are pretty decent on the main highways, but once you get off it can get hit or miss. The hilly terrain, combined with environmental restrictions and NIMBY people make it challenging for all carriers. They do what they can to fill in with very mixed results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I'd much rather have generators instead of just battery backup. TMobile wants to compare to att and Verizon and that includes sufficient backup initiatives. Without that they miss the mark from that perspective. Tmobile has a good network so hopefully they see fit to add generators more and more as things progress

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Verizon is the most reliable when it comes to natural disasters. Always prepared to keep their customers connected. Hurricane Sandy sold me on how good they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by limegrass69 View Post
    I am in the northern suburbs. Verizon is best, followed by AT&T, then T-Mo and Sprint. All carriers are pretty decent on the main highways, but once you get off it can get hit or miss. The hilly terrain, combined with environmental restrictions and NIMBY people make it challenging for all carriers. They do what they can to fill in with very mixed results.
    Which market are you in if I may ask ?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Which market are you in if I may ask ?
    Westchester County, NY. The closer you get to NYC, the better the coverage is across the board. The northern part of the county has some pretty decent sized dead zones with all carriers. It's been a challenge for them to get more uniform coverage. Same issue for the immediately adjacent area of North Greenwich, North Stamford and New Canaan, CT.

Feedback Score
    Westchester County, NY. The closer you get to NYC, the better the coverage is across the board. The northern part of the county has some pretty decent sized dead zones with all carriers. It's been a challenge for them to get more uniform coverage. Same issue for the immediately adjacent area of North Greenwich, North Stamford and New Canaan, CT.
    I live in northern NJ ( about 15 miles west of NYC). Verizon had done quite a job with densification ...definitely the most robust network here. I took a trip up to Albany back in late 2014 and saw lots of 3G drops. This October I went up to ulster country and never dropped to 3G. They added many towers in the last 2 years.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The northern part of the county has some pretty decent sized dead zones with all carriers. It's been a challenge for them to get more uniform coverage. Same issue for the immediately adjacent area of North Greenwich, North Stamford and New Canaan, CT.
    You can thank local municipalities for that. Westchester has got to be the most NIMBY county in the area.

Feedback Score

New Verizon Site Going Up

Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    You can thank local municipalities for that. Westchester has got to be the most NIMBY county in the area.
    They can disguise towers these days. I don't know why people have an issue with it Emergencies happen...and one day the same people who complain will wish they had better service.

Feedback Score
    The short answer is yes densification has been a big push, definately in the Chicagoland / NW Indiana area.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_S4 View Post
    The short answer is yes densification has been a big push, definately in the Chicagoland / NW Indiana area.
    I have seen so many sites go up lately it's crazy. Nobody else is densifying in NWI at all. I'm just hoping VZ has plans to add a site near my work just south of south loop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I have seen so many sites go up lately it's crazy. Nobody else is densifying in NWI at all.
    I'm sure the teams involved would be more than appreciative that you have noticed!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure the teams involved would be more than appreciative that you have noticed!
    I have more than noticed, I have obsessed over it lately! Lol. I'm also quite mystified by the wild variation in panel setups on many sites and small cells in some odd places...

Feedback Score
    They've done an amazing job densifying Northern NJ as well. New small cells, macros co located on existing sites, and band 2 deployment. Like Gusherbs market, Verizon is the only one actively densifying here.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charles2001 View Post
    I recently found several permits that states that Verizon is deploying small cells in all Walmart throughout whole country. It's quicker to get approval and install that equipment than a macro cell.
    You wouldn't happen to have a link to those permits handy would you? I know a few friends that would love to see these

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjaiceman View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have a link to those permits handy would you? I know a few friends that would love to see these
    I found this document from October 2016 from West Valley planning website. Here's link http://www.wvc-ut.gov/669/Agendas-Minutes

Sent from my SM-G925V using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link! It looks like they are wanting to install 3 small cells, at least according to that meeting: https://filesource.wvc-ut.gov/sirepu...doctype=AGENDA

Great detective work, thank you.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast