Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Site Going Up

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Anyone notice on T's setup the 2 panels on a 45? Looks like they're trying to mimic a 4th sector

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    I did notice that! Although I wonder why they're using the two right antennas instead of the two left ones.

Edit: it appears those antennas were actually installed incorrectly.
    I did notice that tilt of 2 panels, when taking the pics... BTW @joeybutts , Those are the AT&T newly installed sectors, Tmob is the very bottom 3panels per sector & has been live for months ...
    Also, it's only slightly noticeable in the pictures, but the AT&T panels are still bright white, & have not yet been painted brown as the Vz & Tmbl panels are ... The Vz panels were also white for about a week before "changing color" ... I wonder if AT&T knows the installers tilted the wrong 2 panels ....
    "I'm All In!"

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I did notice that! Although I wonder why they're using the two right antennas instead of the two left ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
    I did notice that tilt of 2 panels, when taking the pics... BTW @joeybutts , Those are the AT&T newly installed sectors, Tmob is the very bottom 3panels per sector & has been live for months ...
    Also, it's only slightly noticeable in the pictures, but the AT&T panels are still bright white, & have not yet been painted brown as the Vz & Tmbl panels are ... The Vz panels were also white for about a week before "changing color" ... I wonder if AT&T knows the installers tilted the wrong 2 panels ....
    It's kind of odd. Something that was intentionally done, I'm sure.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    They're continuing to densify by me! This ones only a mile from my house. One of the sectors is pointing right at a big weak spot. I just can't figure out why Verizon has so many different setup variations in this area. There's at least 9 variations I've seen just around here alone.
    I just found out why my coverage is good near my office. Verizon Wireless has two 1x/3G/LTE and two LTE only cell sites in my area.

After my Verizon Wireless Business rep was ecstatic that my company decided to further establish our relationship with them, he was wondering if that cell site over on the hill was giving us service. Today, he revealed the location of those sites (including the one over the hill which is an LTE only site) and I noticed three other sites which weren't previously revealed. This shows Verizon Wireless is serious about densifying, because if that wasn't the case, my speeds at my office would be taking a huge hit with the amount of condos, homes, apartments, shopping centers, and offices in the area.

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Here's more info on the New Paramus, NJ Tree Macro ....
    The (2nd from top) AT&T panels shown in an earlier post , have been angle corrected to all face the same way.. I wonder if someone at AT&T saw this thread ... A Crew was still working on the AT&T panels last week, & they are now also colored chocolate "bark" brown like the pole and Vz /Tmbl panels are ...
    The Top Verizon Panels, installed back in early August, are still not active Yet ... Only the (not Shown in this pic), T Mobile lower 3rd tier of panels has been active ...
    Name:  IMAG0264.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  26.2 KB

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Here's more info on the New Paramus, NJ Tree Macro ....
    The (2nd from top) AT&T panels shown in an earlier post , have been angle corrected to all face the same way.. I wonder if someone at AT&T saw this thread ... A Crew was still working on the AT&T panels last week, & they are now also colored chocolate "bark" brown like the pole and Vz /Tmbl panels are ...
    The Top Verizon Panels, installed back in early August, are still not active Yet ... Only the (not Shown in this pic), T Mobile lower 3rd tier of panels has been active ...
    Name:  IMAG0264.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  26.2 KB
    Sprint installed their sectors yesterday, as a 3rd tie down, below AT&T & above T Mobile, on the new Paramus NJ site ...
    Still no live Vz from the top set installed in August, however I spoke to a Vz site manager who said it should be running within the next couple of weeks, they were waiting for the power company to pull lines over, & that was completed last week.
    I'll eventually get a new picture with the Sprint Panels showing, Sprint still has to paint the panels brown as the others did. The phony "branches" are waiting in a fenced area below the pole ..

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    For AT&T those definitely look like two RRHs, so a B2/B12 setup makes sense like you said.

As far as those low antennas that's a Verizon small cell setup, or at least one of them.

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    You asked for more photos ...
    The Paramus NJ site is still not yet active with Vz, since the panels went up 1st week of August.
    I did notice this week, another set of panels has just been installed below what seems to be the (top) verizon sectors. (see pics)
    These new panels are 4 per sector, & knowing that the lowest 3rd setup is active & TMobile, & the top is ASSumed to be Vz, This new set of 4 is either ATT or Sprint.
    Attachment 154016
    Attachment 154017
    Attachment 154018
    The New Verizon site in Paramus NJ ( Top set of panels), is Live, & was turned on a couple of days ago, over 3 months after the panels were installed.
    There are also now a set of Sprint Panels installed in the pole's shown "Gap" between the AT&T and TMoble sets, ( older pic, Sprint Panels not shown) so all 4 National Food Groups are represented. Also as mentioned earlier, the odd tilt shown on some of the AT&T panels was corrected too.
    The Fake tree branches are being stored at the bottom of the pole, presumably waiting for all carriers to finish their panel work ....
    Last edited by MeatChicken; 11-22-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    The New Verizon site in Paramus NJ ( Top set of panels), is Live, & was turned on a couple of days ago, over 3 months after the panels were installed.
    There are also now a set of Sprint Panels installed in the "Gap" between the AT&T and TMoble sets, ( older pic, Sprint Panels not shown) so all 4 National Food Groups are represented. Also as mentioned earlier, the odd tilt shown on some of the AT&T panels was corrected too.
    The Fake tree branches are being stored at the bottom of the pole, presumably waiting for all carriers to finish their panel work ....
    I’m betting it’s tri band, as all new macro builds get the most spectrum from VZ

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I’m betting it’s tri band, as all new macro builds get the most spectrum from VZ
    All sites in this area, including the above new site, have bands 13, 2 & 4 .. not sure about 66, & they are planning to, but haven't as of yet re-farmed any of B5 ...

Feedback Score
    Does it make a difference who is on top of a cell site? I mean, the fact that Verizon is on top on this particular site, does give them any advantage in terms of signal strength va att/t-mobile which are located at the bottom?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidepisu View Post
    Does it make a difference who is on top of a cell site? I mean, the fact that Verizon is on top on this particular site, does give them any advantage in terms of signal strength va att/t-mobile which are located at the bottom?
    For sure. Signal carries much further when a carrier has top space . Verizon just added to the top of a macro by my brother and now I see 2-3 bars of LTE in his basement where I use to get 1x/3G. AT&T is on the bottom rack and it drops to HSPA in same area of the House

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidepisu View Post
    It sort of depends on the market density (spacing). Around here, when they're with other carriers, they're generally not top rack. That's actually helpful because, as Checker79 notes, being up higher would carry further. If you're in a pretty dense area, you don't really need that.

However, if that's the only site for a few miles? Heck yes, you want to be as high as you can get.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It really depends on the size of the cell site, and surrounding terrain. If the tower is 200 ft; top carrier is 190 ft and bottom carrier is at 150 ft, your really not going to see much of a difference. But in North Jersey, short tower heights and tall trees will hurt the signal, especially in the summer. Oh, and the fake branches aren't helping anything either. Metal poles sticking out in front of the panels, a NIMBY's wet dream.

They should of just let the tower be brown. The branches look like something out of Mad Max.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Name:  63F4A0E4-8453-48F8-B2F8-AA709B0460A2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  61.0 KB

It’s not new but here is the tower about 50 yards from my office. The sad thing is depending on where I am the signal actually drops cause I’m to close to the tower and it’s a really tall tower on a hill.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score
    Updated pics of a new Verizon 4-sector site at the top of this monopole in Reno, NV. Site still hasn’t gone live yet. Sprint is lower on the pole.

Closeup of the antennas, cabling & RRUs. Interesting that the left antennas appear to have 7 cables plugged in, while the right antennas have 8. Can anyone explain why that is?

New site (pink marker on right) is replacing a site across the street atop a 2-story building (red marker).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Monopine construction progress near Lake Tahoe, Sep-Dec 2003.

Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for more pictures, cell site location maps & more http://renowirelessinfo.com

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast