Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Verizon Site Going Up

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

New Verizon Site Going Up

They're continuing to densify by me! This ones only a mile from my house. One of the sectors is pointing right at a big weak spot. I just can't figure out why Verizon has so many different setup variations in this area. There's at least 9 variations I've seen just around here alone.

https://i.imgur.com/6dutUjZ.jpg

At first I thought it was sprint (before the panels started going up) because the new base station is just in a metal cabinet (like sprint uses) and on a raised platform.

https://i.imgur.com/X0LqHC9.jpg

Before they started putting panels up:

https://i.imgur.com/KxHoey3.jpg

Feedback Score
    Verizon started using outdoor cabinets this year on their new macro cell sites in Utah. Lte only cell sites has new antenna setup with two long panels per sector like picture below.

Sent from my SM-G925V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charles2001 View Post
    Verizon started using outdoor cabinets this year on their new macro cell sites in Utah. Lte only cell sites has new antenna setup with two long panels per sector like picture below.

Very interesting. That's the same exact platform as my site. Looks like there's 3 separate cabinets instead of one though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    They're continuing to densify by me! This ones only a mile from my house. One of the sectors is pointing right at a big weak spot. I just can't figure out why Verizon has so many different setup variations in this area. There's at least 9 variations I've seen just around here alone.

https://i.imgur.com/6dutUjZ.jpg

At first I thought it was sprint (before the panels started going up) because the new base station is just in a metal cabinet (like sprint uses) and on a raised platform.

https://i.imgur.com/X0LqHC9.jpg

Before they started putting panels up:

https://i.imgur.com/KxHoey3.jpg
    That's awesome. Mrizz will post the new macro they are installing on the Garden State Parkway exit 105 in NJ.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Very interesting. That's the same exact platform as my site. Looks like there's 3 separate cabinets instead of one though.
    How is everything going in Utah ? Is Verizon still going nuts with density ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charles2001 View Post

How is everything going in Utah ? Verizon still going nuts with density?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    How is everything going in Utah ? Verizon still going nuts with density?
    Verizon continues to densify their network more than any other carrier. Probably they have built or collocate more than 40 cell sites in throughout Utah. Small cells have been showing up different parts of cities. I recently found several permits that states that Verizon is deploying small cells in all Walmart throughout whole country. It's quicker to get approval and install that equipment than a macro cell. I also have noticed that T-Mobile is adding band 12 in their existing cell sites.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    More progress was made today. All the panels are up!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Those are JMA antennas but I'm not sure what equipment cabinet that is at the bottom. Looks like the RRHs still need to be installed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Those are JMA antennas but I'm not sure what equipment cabinet that is at the bottom. Looks like the RRHs still need to be installed.
    Do you know if there is a particular JMA panel model that they like to use?

http://www.jmawireless.com/images/up..._DataSheet.pdf

http://info.jmawireless.com/ret-antenna-matrix

I see no cabling or RRU's yet. I checked the site today and nobody was working on it, 19 degrees is probably too cold for them hahaha

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It honestly changes site to site and market to market but I'm pretty sure I've seen the one you posted installed. I know they tend to go with hexports, especially with 2 antenna per sector sites, because they have been deploying strictly 4x4 MIMO RRHs for B13, B4, and B2 so they're able to utilize all of the antennas within a single panel to their full potential. If you're not familiar with antennas vs physical panels a good rule is that for every two cable port on a panel there is one internal antenna so a hexport would have three antennas within the same panel or radome as it is known in the industry. For a typical hexport you would have the following internal layout:

Mid/highband antenna (left) - B2/B4/B30 capable
    Lowband antenna (middle) - B5/B12/B13/B17 capable
    Mid/highband antenna (right) - B2/B4/30 capable

The bands are relative to the frequencies the antennas are designed for so as you can tell by your second link the antennas are limited to the highest range of B4. B30 antennas used by AT&T tend to be made by Commscope since they have an extended range of frequencies available but only on specific models. Verizon seems to be the only ones using JMA and Amphenol antennas but from what I can tell they're typically better quality than other manufacturers. They (Verizon) definitely splurges when they build a site.

Also do you happen to know who else is on site? Looking at the ground equipment and antennas my guess is AT&T and T-Mobile but one of them could also be a regional carrier I'm not familiar with. The second array looks like T-Mobile purely based on the antennas but the top array also has an 8' antenna with what looks like an RRH behind it which could either be B12 for T-Mobile or AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It honestly changes site to site and market to market but I'm pretty sure I've seen the one you posted installed. I know they tend to go with hexports, especially with 2 antenna per sector sites, because they have been deploying strictly 4x4 MIMO RRHs for B13, B4, and B2 so they're able to utilize all of the antennas within a single panel to their full potential. If you're not familiar with antennas vs physical panels a good rule is that for every two cable port on a panel there is one internal antenna so a hexport would have three antennas within the same panel or radome as it is known in the industry. For a typical hexport you would have the following internal layout:

Mid/highband antenna (left) - B2/B4/B30 capable
    Lowband antenna (middle) - B5/B12/B13/B17 capable
    Mid/highband antenna (right) - B2/B4/30 capable

The bands are relative to the frequencies the antennas are designed for so as you can tell by your second link the antennas are limited to the highest range of B4. B30 antennas used by AT&T tend to be made by Commscope since they have an extended range of frequencies available but only on specific models. Verizon seems to be the only ones using JMA and Amphenol antennas but from what I can tell they're typically better quality than other manufacturers. They (Verizon) definitely splurges when they build a site.

Also do you happen to know who else is on site? Looking at the ground equipment and antennas my guess is AT&T and T-Mobile but one of them could also be a regional carrier I'm not familiar with. The second array looks like T-Mobile purely based on the antennas but the top array also has an 8' antenna with what looks like an RRH behind it which could either be B12 for T-Mobile or AT&T.
    Thanks for that explanation.

The middle rack is TMO and the top is AT&T:

On the AT&T site I'm trying to figure out if that box behind the center panel is an RRU or just a splice box, it is a B2/12 site so I would assume there be two RRU's but I could be wrong, perhaps the one on the left is a dual band RRU?

I still wish someone could confirm what these were. They seem to be Verizon Metrocells, there are 3 of them around me, they don't have the best range but I get very strong signal near them and they do B4/13, and I get great speeds from them. I'm always perplexed because they're in places where they seem like they should've just done a full macro, and are mounted so low on cell towers.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For AT&T those definitely look like two RRHs, so a B2/B12 setup makes sense like you said.

As far as those low antennas that's a Verizon small cell setup, or at least one of them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

For AT&T those definitely look like two RRHs, so a B2/B12 setup makes sense like you said.

As far as those low antennas that's a Verizon small cell setup, or at least one of them.
    The two sites with a single panel per sector make sense but the site with two panels per sector perplexes me. Verizon is always doing something different around here, I wonder if we're their test grounds for new hardware.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

The RRH's are up!! Looks like one behind each sector:

https://i.imgur.com/ew2t1BB.jpg

Jim McGraff, do you know if they can use a single RRU for B2 and 4, like a dual band RRU or something? I always assumed one per band

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast