Thread: DTEK 50 problem with headphones

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

DTEK 50 problem with headphones

Hi, I'm new to Blackberry, upgraded to DTEK 50 from Samsung S4.

One of the very important features for me was that the music starts playing automatically upon pluggin in headphones, and stops playing with the removal of the headphones. It was working fine with my 4 year old Samsung.

But the Blackberry only starts the music when I plug in my headphones, it doesn't stop when I unplug it (asside from a few odd times, I guess when the phone wasn't locked?), rather it continues playing music through the phone's speakers. It's a real pita if I'm at work as I scramble to to turn it off while everyone including my boss looks at me, and in my car since it's winter I've got my golves on so I have to take them off to unlock the phone and stop the music.

Is there a way to get this to work. I was using the exact same music app (Player Pro) and so the only different is the hardware, and the fact that DTEK50 runs on Marshmollow as opposed to Lollipop on my S4.

I also noticed, a few times, that when the music resumes, it's very choppy (cuts every 1 second) until I skip to the next song. It's like it can't resume the same song. Never had that issue with the S4 either with the same app. I'm not streaming, I've got all my library loaded on the SD card.
    -Sam
    Oh, shut up.
    Just shut up!
    I can't beleive you don't shut up!!!

Device(s)
    BB Passport, MS 650DS, W10 Alcatel Idol 4s
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WHO View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Blackberry, upgraded to DTEK 50 from Samsung S4.

One of the very important features for me was that the music starts playing automatically upon pluggin in headphones, and stops playing with the removal of the headphones. It was working fine with my 4 year old Samsung.

But the Blackberry only starts the music when I plug in my headphones, it doesn't stop when I unplug it (asside from a few odd times, I guess when the phone wasn't locked?), rather it continues playing music through the phone's speakers. It's a real pita if I'm at work as I scramble to to turn it off while everyone including my boss looks at me, and in my car since it's winter I've got my golves on so I have to take them off to unlock the phone and stop the music.

Is there a way to get this to work. I was using the exact same music app (Player Pro) and so the only different is the hardware, and the fact that DTEK50 runs on Marshmollow as opposed to Lollipop on my S4.

I also noticed, a few times, that when the music resumes, it's very choppy (cuts every 1 second) until I skip to the next song. It's like it can't resume the same song. Never had that issue with the S4 either with the same app. I'm not streaming, I've got all my library loaded on the SD card.
    I hate to suggest you go elsewhere to get an answer to your issue but seeing as no-one has replied to date you might want to try one or both of these sites:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-dtek50-f454/

http://forums.androidcentral.com/blackberry-dtek50/

Hope you find the answer you're looking for.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions. Searching online led me to a few sites including crackberry and the like, but so far I've had no luck.
    I even downloaded the app "macro droid" and created a macro for "headset removed = sound stops" but no change. It worked right after I loaded the macro, but the next time it failed again and the music played through the speakers again.