Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile’s Ray: We’ll match Verizon’s LTE coverage this year

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    You go to the map and start clicking around anywhere in the state more than 10-15 miles off the highway and it will come up as "fair".
    And "fair" usually means one bar of barely usable service while standing outside in a large shopping center parking lot, free from any obstructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    And "fair" usually means one bar of barely usable service while standing outside in a large shopping center parking lot, free from any obstructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you're lucky to even get that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    If you're lucky to even get that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So true. I love the big pink circles in the central part of the US. T-Mobile is practicing the you will get a signal here in perfect conditions and you stand on one leg with your arm extended holding the phone up as high as possible game. I'm sure they have access to data which would allow them see that the maps are wishful thinking in areas.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile’s Ray: We’ll match Verizon’s LTE coverage this year

Service was good from Atlanta to Gulfport MS, we had to use WI-FI calling in our hotel room, but at least it was an option.

I've had VOLTE turned on on my iPhone for nearly a year now, with no issues.
    Thank the stars for TRUE UNLIMITED DATA!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Service was good from Atlanta to Gulfport MS, we had to use WI-FI calling in our hotel room, but at least it was an option.

I've had VOLTE turned on on my iPhone for nearly a year now, with no issues.
    Did you stay mainly along the interstate? If so, service is fantastic on most highways and interstates.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Pretty much, lol...

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Pretty much, lol...
    Until fairly recently, sections of I-65 between Montgomery and Mobile would fall back to 2G. If you get off the Interstate and take a parallel secondary road, you'll probably find your service to be much worse.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this... 99% of the time, T-Mobile works extremely well for me. But that 1% of the time when I find myself in a rural county (such as when I visited Point Lookout, MD a couple weeks ago) it's miles and miles of dead zone. So they still have a ways to go yet. I know for a fact that Verizon and/or AT&T will have much better coverage in those rural counties.
    Thank you Mrs. Slocombe (LOL), yes, T-Mobile does have significant gaps in comparison to Verizon. One glaring one is close to here, where T-Mobile has no service at all across the Oklahoma panhandle and a part of northwest Oklahoma, where Verizon and their affiliates have complete coverage. They have those gaps, but where they do provide service it is good and they are very good at utilizing ALL the spectrum they might own in a particular location, no matter how rural it is. If they have 10 Mhz available to use, they will use it, for example, and that's good.

And for those who say that "Fair" service is unusable, while that may be true in some areas, I have been in a fair region of T-Mobile coverage, with a -120 dB signal and had 22 Mbps LTE available to work with, which is quite acceptable. When I moved into the "Good" area I had 67 Mbps, which was fantastic, but that 22 is quite usable for most people. T-Mobile could stand to densify a LOT, but the problem will be helped tremendously if they get some good 600 MHz spectrum that covers the whole country to work with.

Oh, and AT&T only has 4G HSPA around here and Verizon has LTE with a few gaps as well.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CavanalClimber View Post
    ......And for those who say that "Fair" service is unusable, while that may be true in some areas, I have been in a fair region of T-Mobile coverage, with a -120 dB signal and had 22 Mbps LTE available to work with, which is quite acceptable. .. .
    My method for reading T-Mobile's coverage maps only works where towers are widely spaced. You look at the center of the antenna pattern, take the distance from the center to the outer edge of their "good" service, then go that far out again into the "fair". That's about the cut off of where your service will be reliable vs "iffy". YMMV but it works for me.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it would be much more realistic to provide the square miles of coverage. That would surely have a big difference between TMUS and VZ.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T-Mobile’s Ray: We’ll match Verizon’s LTE coverage this year

"T-Mobile US CTO Neville Ray said the carrier will “close the gap” with Verizon’s LTE network coverage by the end of this year. Specifically, he said that T-Mobile expects to cover the same number of people that Verizon does with LTE by the end of 2016."
    So he really said nothing. Covering "people" is meaningless when it comes to mobile networks: people move about... and into vast areas with no coverage.

If he said T-Mobile would match Verizon coverage, now that would be noteworthy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Only after you have turned around 3 times, throw a penny over your shoulder, and prayed to Mecca.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CavanalClimber View Post
    T-Mobile could stand to densify a LOT, but the problem will be helped tremendously if they get some good 600 MHz spectrum that covers the whole country to work with.
    Exactly, Until then, they will be a distant third network, with the only bragging rights being "Hey, we're better than Sprint!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Until fairly recently, sections of I-65 between Montgomery and Mobile would fall back to 2G. If you get off the Interstate and take a parallel secondary road, you'll probably find your service to be much worse.
    If only. I'm used to vast areas with 0G T-Mobile coverage. If they blanketed the nation with 2G coverage replacing their 0G coverage, that would be a big deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    Sometimes Verizon customers live in bubbles. They'll never accept that T-Mobile will match their LTE coverage. I used to be that way so I know. I'm a former employee of Verizon Wireless so I understand the brainwashing that comes along with it.
    T-Mobile will match Verizon LTE coverage... some year, but not soon. If you look at what Ray actually said, he said covering LTE "people". Totally meaningless. Let's seem him match where people go: territory.

There's no brainwashing. Verizon is somewhat better than AT&T, hugely better than T-Mobile, and twice as good as Sprint. That's the facts.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast