Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Thread: T-Mobile’s Ray: We’ll match Verizon’s LTE coverage this year

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 230Hivolta View Post
    Isn't Sprint on the hook for the cost of rebanding the 800mhz band? How much has that cost them?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    The whole network vision project cost them 24 billion and that was part of it I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    The vast majority of Sprint's spectrum is up at the 2.5GHz range. Its even worse to use than AWS. Sprint's benefit - they've got a TON of it. They could use it in urban/suburban areas and basically plant a mini cell site on every stoplight in suburbia, and be able to deploy media with relative ease. Other use would be for backhaul.
    True but Sprint has more low-band spectrum than T-Mobile. The problem is that they aren't doing a lot with it. They're relying on Verizon roaming for rural coverage. If they were acting more like T-Mobile and making the most of their low-band, their condition might be different.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    True but Sprint has more low-band spectrum than T-Mobile. The problem is that they aren't doing a lot with it. They're relying on Verizon roaming for rural coverage. If they were acting more like T-Mobile and making the most of their low-band, their condition might be different.
    800 voice and LTE is being used, it's slow. Sprint has to add band 41 to as many towers as possible and widen 25 to atleast 10+10 or larger. That is the situation in my neighborhood.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Not only is the Magenta carrier planning to offer their LTE network to over 320 million Americans but they likely will be the first to deploy 1GB speeds on their LTE network (even without 5G) if they get their way. The way things are going I'm pretty sure they will achieve this goal.

This article makes says T-Mobile can deploy 1GB without unlicensed spectrum whereas their competitor AT&T needs it: http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/a...mobile-doesn-t
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    T-Mobile likely will be the first to deploy 1GB speeds on their LTE network if they get their way. The way things are going I'm pretty sure they will achieve this goal.

This article makes says T-Mobile can deploy 1GB without unlicensed spectrum whereas their competitor AT&T needs it: http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/a...mobile-doesn-t
    At the uncarrier even in Las Vegas.. their was a question asked to Neville ray it was the very last question.. and he said it can be achieved with 50 MHz of spectrum on the downlink + 4x4 mimo and 256 QAM all aggregated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post

For those thinking they've never heard of Montana so much, you could go to the AT&T forums and search for Mendocino County or Ukiah.

I'm sure the words 'Menodicno County' will bring back memories to those in the AT&T forum.
    Oh no, please don't bring back those memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    What happened to ilva2!?
    Thank the stars for TRUE UNLIMITED DATA!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Not at all. I respect that you are in the small minority whose needs are met by T-Mobile currently, as I thank them for their efforts to expand significantly.
    66 million (and growing) is not a small minority. Sure, it's not where the big two are but you forget (or are ignorant to) a very important fact. Both AT&T and Verizon got to where they are by a mixture of organic growth with a healthy dose of acquisitions.

Now if Sprint (who you also bash with the same type comments in their forums) and T-Mobile merged that would create a third carrier on par with the big two.

If they never decided to add another square foot of coverage what misguided comments would you make about them? They'd have the same amount of customers right? Imagine that, the same amount of customers without providing service in areas you feel are neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Hey, I used to use Sprint. I put up with much less than full coverage in order to save money. There's nothing bad with saving money by using something inferior.
    Right, and if Cricket didn't come on scene would you still be with Sprint or would you be digging a little deeper in your pockets to pay for a postpaid AT&T or Verizon service you seem to think most of us should have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / CDMX - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Samsung Galaxy S7 / BlackBerry Passport / BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    A request has been made, and I have decided to honor the request due to a complaint.
    Consent of the original requester is required to re-open the thread.

PM to re-open thread.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 01-11-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54