Thread: I'm a phone addict

Feedback Score

I'm a phone addict

So a couple of years ago I started with my first smartphone(a Nokia Lumia 520) and it was great, rugged and affordable) It still works even with an actual replacement screen that has also been shattered! My second was the Lumia 635, basically a 520 with a bigger screen IMO) It was a good phone(Also still works) My third and the one I have now is a Lumia 640 LTE which I find to be amazing.....good screen size, does it all and no slow down or glitches, takes HD 1080P video....It's an excellent phone I got on clearance last year for 34.00 at Target. Screen resolution is 720P not full HD like a 500.00 Galaxy, but that is not a problem at all...It's super bright and sharp regardless.

I tellya, they didn't make too many short cuts with this budget phone.

Well Last night I bought a Lumia 640 XL LTE(big brother to the 640) Almost an inch bigger screen and getting into 'Phablet Territory' I got this on Amazon and being a Prime member I ended up applying for two different credit cards and with each card I got a nice 50.00 gift card for my purchases. Needless to say I got the 640XL and a nice case for it, for.....free And yes.....I'm going to chop up the credit cards when they come and burry them in the yard.

Why not? screw it is what I say.

Can't wait to get the 640 XL.... Oh and this will be my last phone until it absolutely stops working. I'm keeping my old 640 for a backup....

So....yes excited about a phone.....never thought I'd ever admit it.

Feedback Score
    BTW a member here(SnowyWhite) recommended to me my first phone....Nokia 520... It was a good one! I never left the Lumia line!

Feedback Score
    Hey pal, great to hear that you are are an addict too!

I have phone envy when I read about your latest acquisition.
    I'd love to know how you managed to get the 640xl at such a great deal.
    Feel free to PM me about that.

Here is something interesting and fun for the Lumia 520.
    It may not be practical for the average person to do but I found it to be interesting that someone out there was tinkering with the 520 and was able to get it working.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/18...windows-10.htm

Sent from my super skinny LG Tribute HD
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Feedback Score
    Ah and I also have the 635 and the 640. Actually 2 640's.
    Excellent phones they are.

Sent from my super skinny LG Tribute HD

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I agree on the 640, It has to be the bargain of the decade, big upgrade over the 635 for the same money or even less. I picked mine up for $19 bucks just over a year ago on a black Friday sale and still love it. I'm constantly comparing it to friends more expensive phones and the only thing I've concluded is they are more expensive.

I've thought about the XL but other than the screen I don't think I'd like it as much. I like to use it one handed and a 5" screen is pushing it for my hand, don't think I'd want to go any bigger.

The 640 does have a plastic back so requires a case but that's an extra 5 bucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeman02 View Post
    I agree on the 640, It has to be the bargain of the decade, big upgrade over the 635 for the same money or even less. I picked mine up for $19 bucks just over a year ago on a black Friday sale and still love it. I'm constantly comparing it to friends more expensive phones and the only thing I've concluded is they are more expensive.

I've thought about the XL but other than the screen I don't think I'd like it as much. I like to use it one handed and a 5" screen is pushing it for my hand, don't think I'd want to go any bigger.

The 640 does have a plastic back so requires a case but that's an extra 5 bucks.
    I bought three 640's about a year ago, one on black friday(19.00) and two on discount at Target(34.00 a piece) So I had Three 640's brand new on my shelf, lol I ended up activating one for my mom and one for my sister(which they love) and I kept one for myself as a back up(I wanted to use my 635 a bit longer) My mom broke her 640 screen, so I gave her my new one and I took her broken one(one I have now) I replaced the screen and it works great.

Amazon had a gift deal to sign up for credit, so I ended up getting the XL for the heck of it, because it would come to be free after the Amazon gift was applied. I agree and I'll have to see when it arrives....it's going to be big and like you, my 640 is pushing the limits on one handed use....the XL is not going to be a one handed phone I don't think. I like to put my 640 in my pocket and it fits great....the XL probably not and I refuse to holster my phone. I'm thinking I may end up just leaving the XL in the car when I am out and about and not having it on me as much anyways....that could be a good thing TBH, as I find myself glancing at my phone too much(not driving though)

I've played around with a Galaxy S7 and an Apple iPhone 6s recently and I have to say, that of course they are higher performance, better camera and brighter, more detailed screens, but it's not enough to convince me of the outrages prices...699.00? no..uh uh no......and screw contracts, lol.

Feedback Score
    What's your opinion on the 640? Does it have enough RAM, is it responsive enough? Facebook Messenger work well?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Been using Windows 10 Mobile for over a year on my 640 (personal) and been very happy and was my favorite phone until I got a 735 for work.
    Tricon23

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I like my 640 a lot (upgraded to Windows 10). As long as you are okay with the potentially smaller app selection, then it is a great device. For instance, other than Hangouts, every app I want/need is available for Windows.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    I like my 640 a lot (upgraded to Windows 10). As long as you are okay with the potentially smaller app selection, then it is a great device. For instance, other than Hangouts, every app I want/need is available for Windows.

When I first got into windows phone I never understood all the 'lack of apps' factor that kept everyone from going Windows. After a couple years I do understand it now though. I have seen a few things I wish I could use on my Windows Phone. I'm getting into camera drones and it uses a smartphone to run an app it uses to stream wifi video to your controller....but.....this app only works with latest iPhone and Android stuff.....So I can't use my 640XL with my drone at all....which sucks. I'll have to literally buy an ipad or large android(cheap) phone just to run my drone.

Still though it's not enough to make me convert to Android....I like my windows phone for an actual phone, much better...I like the wway it runs and looks more than Android.

I see that Walmart now supports windows in it's picture kiosk as before it didn't... I can use wifi or plug in the micro USB to download my pictures off my phone rather than having to crack it open to get the SD out. Unfortunately I think people will stick to Android and Ios, even though IMO....and I mean my opinion....WindowsPhone is way more fun and pleasing to use.....and that is My opinion.... I just like WP.... I respect android users too.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia_Black View Post
    When I first got into windows phone I never understood all the 'lack of apps' factor that kept everyone from going Windows. After a couple years I do understand it now though. I have seen a few things I wish I could use on my Windows Phone. I'm getting into camera drones and it uses a smartphone to run an app it uses to stream wifi video to your controller....but.....this app only works with latest iPhone and Android stuff.....So I can't use my 640XL with my drone at all....which sucks. I'll have to literally buy an ipad or large android(cheap) phone just to run my drone.

Still though it's not enough to make me convert to Android....I like my windows phone for an actual phone, much better...I like the wway it runs and looks more than Android.

I see that Walmart now supports windows in it's picture kiosk as before it didn't... I can use wifi or plug in the micro USB to download my pictures off my phone rather than having to crack it open to get the SD out. Unfortunately I think people will stick to Android and Ios, even though IMO....and I mean my opinion....WindowsPhone is way more fun and pleasing to use.....and that is My opinion.... I just like WP.... I respect android users too.
    Agree 100%. What I am speaking to is how some people like to troll the windows threads and project their preferences onto other people... saying things like "Windows phone sucks **** since there are ZERO apps" and other gross generalizations. If the smaller app selection does not impose any more constraints for someone, a Windows phone is a great value. Moreover, just as you stated, the Windows phone experience is good enough that some people (like yourself) are willing to forego some of the app availability. Different strokes for different folks.

Feedback Score
    No you are not yet. But don't be. There are more things to.