Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1710

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudhmasta View Post
    Someone made a discord over at RFD. Just joined it, seems like a good resource.

Interactive guide was a good idea tbh, we shoulda done that. Here's the invite link (don't think it expires): https://discord.gg/b3rkXCP
    Isn't Telegram more popular?
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropsix View Post
    I know Koodo uses Telus towers, but my signal is at 1 bar approx. 90% of the time on my iPhone 6. Anyone else notice low signal since switching to the 8gig plan? I used to have great signal when I was on Telus.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Koodo is TELUS. They share towers with Bell.
    Yes, I know. I am confused as well.
    I have a similar problem. In my case, I went from Virgin Mobile to TELUS. Virgin Mobile = TELUS = Bell = Koodo = Public Mobile when it comes to towers.

At my girlfriend's place, I always got five bars of service on Virgin Mobile, but after switching to TELUS, I usually only get two bars, three if I'm lucky, and four if I put my phone close to the window. She's in a basement, but has line of sight to the TELUS/Bell tower across a busy street.

I don't have VoLTE on my phone, and during calls when my phone drops from LTE to 4G (according to my Note 4), it always jumps up to a full five bars. I had the Network Cell Info Lite app running and with LTE I was in the very weak green area at best, yellow area often, and sometimes in the orange area (red is the worst). But then a call came in, I put it on speakerphone, saw that my phone was showing 4G, but Network Cell Info Lite was now showing a really strong green signal -- almost off the scale!!

I didn't understand that until I learned a secret code here at HoFo. If I dial *#0011# when on LTE, I see that I'm always on band 2. Google tells me that band is 1850 - 1910 Uplink (MHz) & 1930 - 1990 Downlink (MHz). I'm not a network engineer, but my understanding is that those higher frequencies don't go through walls and into basements (my case) like low 700 MHz frequencies do.

I don't know how to see what band I'm on during a call.

So maybe you were on a lower frequency before, but are now on a higher frequency like me?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    I don't know how to see what band I'm on during a call.
    I just thought of a way. I did the *#0011# trick on LTE to see that I'm on my usual band 2. I kept the Service Mode running and made a phone call. My phone changed to band 5. Google tells me that is 824 - 849 Uplink (MHz) & 869 - 894 Downlink (MHz) which is a much lower frequency that goes through walls and into basements better.

So that's what's happening in my case.

Feedback Score
    Why do you care how many bars you get and what band you are on as long as you have service? It only matters when you're trying to abuse the unlimited data.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why do you care how many bars you get and what band you are on as long as you have service? It only matters when you're trying to abuse the unlimited data.
    This. Used to matter on 3G but LTE much less.

I'm often on two bars at home and voice calls are clear. At work, I'm usually on one bar because I'm inside a 70's built office building but have no issues either.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Like Dropsix, I was just confused at first. I wondered if it had something to do with unlocking a Bell Note 4. For years when you are used to seeing a full five bars at most places you go to, it makes you wonder why you're seeing two bars (one bar for Dropsix) most of the time immediately after switching carriers.

It definitely impacts Speedtest results, but like you said it doesn't really matter most of the time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Like Dropsix, I was just confused at first. I wondered if it had something to do with unlocking a Bell Note 4. For years when you are used to seeing a full five bars at most places you go to, it makes you wonder why you're seeing two bars (one bar for Dropsix) most of the time immediately after switching carriers.

It definitely impacts Speedtest results, but like you said it doesn't really matter most of the time.

Try switching to a new sim. I've seen this happen with a few people where signal is noticeably displaying to be weaker. For all swapping SIM card helped, however I cannot guarantee it'll resolve your issue.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Try switching to a new sim. I've seen this happen with a few people where signal is noticeably displaying to be weaker. For all swapping SIM card helped, however I cannot guarantee it'll resolve your issue.
    Apple's and Samsung's here. Literally. You can't compare how the two reflect "signal strength."

Fiancée's iPhone 5c saw 2 bars, maybe three on Rogers. She recently got an SE and gets about the same on Koodo.

I had an SE with Telus and saw 2 to 3 tops with a Telus SIM. Used the same handset on Koodo and saw the same. Ported over using new SIM and new handset and got the same.

New SIM isn't going to help.

Feedback Score
    Reason I care is because I have missed calls that have gone straight to voicemail due to having no signal at all. Sometimes when I'm on one bar the sound cuts out for a second or two here or there. Call quality isn't the best.

If I had four or five bars at least it wouldn't dip into no signal or poor call quality. IMO.

And as I stated before this didn't happen on my plan with Telus with the same phone. Yet with Koodo I notice on average the signal is on the low side. Sure it jumps up to four or five bars at times, but one or two is where it lives.

Checking to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. Thanks

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Checking to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. Thanks
    As stated above... I work near Yonge and Eglinton and there are 3 towers right here. Still only see two bars and it was the same with my old Telus phone.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Come on, people. Open a separate thread for the reception issues. This is completely off topic for this thread.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Come on, people. Open a separate thread for the reception issues. This is completely off topic for this thread.
    Why not? It might be related with the LoopHole?!?!
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Go troll in the Rogers / Fido forum where you belong

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Wow, if you believe this you should be using a flip phone.

The previous comment is right, why hijack this thread it's already long enough...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Alright at 115 pages and going off topic now I'm closing this thread as this particular thread has served it's purpose. If you want to start a new thread discussing the BYOP Out of Province Plans feel free to create a new one. If you want to discuss other things not related to the topic of BYOP Out of Province Plans please create your own thread thank you.
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114