LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arenick View Post
    Hi
    I just opened a new account today in Ont and activated a Ontario #
    Switched it to QC # then changed the plan to $55 8gb and now I can't port my Ont # in in self serve it says I need to wait 90 days
    is this the process ? Or do I have to wait till my new billing cycle to change the # or do I have to call koodo to port my # in ?
    Wait for billing cycle.

Feedback Score
    Awesome thanks

Device(s)
    Leeco x527 Le 2,Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad365 View Post
    [B]
    ~*~ Special thanks to DennyCrane, Samshares, ijcy, wes786, JTOttawa ~*~
    Great job sajjad365! Thanks for mentioning me

Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitt View Post
    Would this actually work? I do live in Brandon, can I change my buddy address to mine in MB and call in to get the 48$ plan for him? Or calling himself in with my address on his file? Anyone actually did this lately? He wants the cheapest plan, and 6GB is more than enough for him.
    I have done this for an employee of mine recently.

Quote Originally Posted by arenick View Post
    Hi
    I just opened a new account today in Ont and activated a Ontario #
    Switched it to QC # then changed the plan to $55 8gb and now I can't port my Ont # in in self serve it says I need to wait 90 days
    is this the process ? Or do I have to wait till my new billing cycle to change the # or do I have to call koodo to port my # in ?
    As others said you can do it the next billing cycle, which usually takes 3-7 days.
    Instructions for the $48- 5 GB sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...here-in-Canada

Phones using: Leeco x527 Le 2, CM14 Android Nougat 7.0 with pixel launcher Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650, Lg G3's for wife,daughter and son

Feedback Score
    Good thread!! Great job Sajjad365..

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

I got a couple of SIM and I called in to sign up for a new activation and I was provided with a Montreal area code.

I got the basic plan and then I signed up online to switch to the $55 8GB plan but don't know if I got the 1000 long distance plan. How can I confirm?

I will be posting over ny Bell number and my wife is already on the MB Koodo plan.

I understand for her I will need to first port her number to prepaid for 1 day then port to new post paid all via self serve.

Device(s)
    Moto G4P, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Eyez View Post
    I got the basic plan and then I signed up online to switch to the $55 8GB plan but don't know if I got the 1000 long distance plan. How can I confirm?
    Login to self-serve and click "change plan" or "add/remove/change add-on" and it's all listed there:

Name:  addon.JPG
Views: 1506
Size:  23.9 KB

If you don't see the 1000 mins listed there as add-on, simply call in and they will add it for you since you qualify (with a QC number and plan).
    Koodo MB/QC how-to: click here

Feedback Score
    With reference to address fraud being a punishable offence (in reference to instructions in this article), I don't believe it applies to comparison shopping. Address fraud is done in conjunction with another crime such as identify theft, putting your kids in a school jurisdiction which you do not have rights to, or voting in another jurisdiction, provincial health insurance, taxes, or other provincial or federal regulations etc.

There is nothing wrong with having multiple addresses, provided that you have agreement with the person that owns the other address.

You are legally entitled to comparison shop and buy from the Vendor and jurisdiction of your choice. It's no different from using the US mail forwarders, to buy US goods from companies that don't ship to Canada.

You may be in violation of Tort (Contract) Law, and they could sue you for damages. But A) Companies don't sue paying customers, B) Damages would be close to nil, as telco carrier costs are only slightly different by province. c) They don't need any more bad PR that they are ripping off 80% of Canadians.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sloth View Post
    With reference to address fraud being a punishable offence (in reference to instructions in this article), I don't believe it applies to comparison shopping. Address fraud is done in conjunction with another crime such as identify theft, putting your kids in a school jurisdiction which you do not have rights to, or voting in another jurisdiction, provincial health insurance, taxes, or other provincial or federal regulations etc.

There is nothing wrong with having multiple addresses, provided that you have agreement with the person that owns the other address.

You are legally entitled to comparison shop and buy from the Vendor and jurisdiction of your choice. It's no different from using the US mail forwarders, to buy US goods from companies that don't ship to Canada.

You may be in violation of Tort (Contract) Law, and they could sue you for damages. But A) Companies don't sue paying customers, B) Damages would be close to nil, as telco carrier costs are only slightly different by province. c) They don't need any more bad PR that they are ripping off 80% of Canadians.
    Except for the fact that they specifically indicate residents only... you can own multiple properties but they are not considered residences unless you actually live there for a specified number of days a year... mainly 50+1% of the time... and yes it fits the legal definition of fraud... if you knowingly misrepresent yourself In order to benefit at the expense of the other party... not subscribing to an in area plan is injuring the other party x dollars...

It is civally and criminally actionable ...

The point is not whether or not you would be sued or a criminal complaint filed against you by Koodo ... the point is ... don't pass on misinformation about the legality.. if you have to lie or misrepresent yourself... it's not good ... do at your own risk... and enjoy

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    sajjad365, you should add something to the FAQ about the bogus 90-day warning, since this came up so often in the other thread and has already come up here (on the first day)!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barter View Post
    The same process as how you got the MB plan.
    When I did it over a year ago to the MB plan I was never a Koodo customer. Now I am and I can't change my plan online to Quebec 8GB plan. Do I go to Koodo and make a complete new account with a different phone number and then port in my current Koodo number or what?

Device(s)
    Moto G4P, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by svattom View Post
    sajjad365, you should add something to the FAQ about the bogus 90-day warning, since this came up so often in the other thread and has already come up here (on the first day)!
    Agree but I have lost the ability to edit for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by situation1987 View Post
    When I did it over a year ago to the MB plan I was never a Koodo customer. Now I am and I can't change my plan online to Quebec 8GB plan. Do I go to Koodo and make a complete new account with a different phone number and then port in my current Koodo number or what?
    *facepalm* It's like the first question in the FAQ, lol. If still unclear, PM me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishguy70 View Post
    Except for the fact that they specifically indicate residents only... you can own multiple properties but they are not considered residences unless you actually live there for a specified number of days a year... mainly 50+1% of the time... and yes it fits the legal definition of fraud... if you knowingly misrepresent yourself In order to benefit at the expense of the other party... not subscribing to an in area plan is injuring the other party x dollars...

It is civally and criminally actionable ...

The point is not whether or not you would be sued or a criminal complaint filed against you by Koodo ... the point is ... don't pass on misinformation about the legality.. if you have to lie or misrepresent yourself... it's not good ... do at your own risk... and enjoy
    IMHO, I disagree with you on the criminally actionable part.

However, given the fact is that Koodo can bankrupt 99.9% of us with a lawsuit, so it is safer to use the first two methods which does not involve using somebody else's address with permission. However under tort law, Koodo could still seek damages, for gaming their system under the first two scenarios. However, they still make a good profit on the $48/$54 dollar plan, and it's not good business to sue your own customers with frivolous and vexatious lawsuits.

This forum is not the place to discuss or debate Canadian law, so I will leave it at that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishguy70 View Post
    It is...criminally actionable ...

Just lol.

What's the CRIME here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad365 View Post
    Agree but I have lost the ability to edit for some reason.
    You can't edit a post after 24 hrs. You will have to request the changes to Admin and they do the changes for you...

Feedback Score
    I'm on $48/MB plan. Would like to switch to $55/QC but I want to get a new phone from PC Mobile (they offer good discount) . If I get a new phone + new Koodo ON# line will I be able to switch to QC and do all the magic having a phone on tab?
    Last edited by gardarik; 12-28-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast