Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gardarik View Post
    I'm on $48/MB plan. Would like to switch to $55/QC but I want to get a new phone from PC Mobile (they offer good discount) . If I get a new phone + new Koodo ON# line will I be able to switch to QC and do all the magic having a phone on tab?
    Also answered in the OP:

Can I get a phone on Tab?

Yes, you can purchase the phone in-store upon registration only, or order via self-serve after-the-fact and delivered to anywhere in Canada. The alternatives are Kijiji, Apple Store, Amazon or direct from manufacturer.

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Feedback Score
    Excellent work, Sajjad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTOttawa View Post
    Also answered in the OP:

Can I get a phone on Tab?

Yes, you can purchase the phone in-store upon registration only, or order via self-serve after-the-fact and delivered to anywhere in Canada. The alternatives are Kijiji, Apple Store, Amazon or direct from manufacturer.
    No offence, but that doesn't say anything about ability to switch to QC having phone on tab and newly activated ON plan. Or... maybe I just don't get it.
    Last edited by gardarik; 12-28-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    Just ported OUT my Ontario # with a postpaid MB 5GB plan to Prepaid.

It's been 22 minutes.

I have NOT got a text from Koodo on this prepaid SIM (same #). My friends are still able to text me.
    I did not add any "booster" addons and people are unable to call me. When they call my Ontario # (on prepaid) - it goes straight to VM.

Is this normal? How long do I wait to port my ON # BACK from prepaid to my 8gb postpaid Quebec plan...??

Device(s)
    Moto G4P, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nfusion2011 View Post
    Is this normal? How long do I wait to port my ON # BACK from prepaid to my 8gb postpaid Quebec plan...??
    Give it an hour. After it's ported to pre-paid, wait a half hour then port to QC line. Most people wouldn't even wait that long.

I've experienced wait times between 60 seconds up to three hours.

Quote Originally Posted by gardarik View Post
    No offence, but that doesn't say anything about ability to switch to QC having phone on tab and newly activated ON plan. Or... maybe I just don't get it.
    PM me your exact situation with as many details as possible. There's too many variables and we don't want to spam the forum with multiple people responding to your query. Alas, we cannot address every unique situation in the instructions.
    Koodo MB/QC how-to: click here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad365 View Post
    Give it an hour. After it's ported to pre-paid, wait a half hour then port to QC line. Most people wouldn't even wait that long.

I've experienced wait times between 60 seconds up to three hours.
    It's been 2.5 hours now.

My prepaid # (Main #) still is not accepting any phonecalls...straight to VM. No confirmation text received from Koodo (should I expect 1?).

I can text my friends, and they can text me on my prepaid line 2.5 hours in... should I wait or...?

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nfusion2011 View Post
    It's been 2.5 hours now.

My prepaid # (Main #) still is not accepting any phonecalls...straight to VM. No confirmation text received from Koodo (should I expect 1?).

I can text my friends, and they can text me on my prepaid line 2.5 hours in... should I wait or...?
    Some instances could take several hours. I've had them done in 15 mins and others took 4 hours.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    Some instances could take several hours. I've had them done in 15 mins and others took 4 hours.
    I decided not to wait anymore... and ported back in.

Magically, I got TWO texts saying I was successful upon insertion of new postpaid sim (I have a feeling 1 was for the prepaid, but I should have got that 1 when my prepaid sim was plugged in for the past 4 hours, but never did!!) , was instantly able to call, AND receive calls.

Weird... but works.

Device(s)
    k800i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    So i called Koodo today because i saw that someone had got them to match the 10 dollar credit that virgin is offering and the csr told me they received a new memo today saying that all new activations are going to get this for 12 months. I am going to call again to confirm but wanted to know if anyone else got similar info.

Feedback Score
    If the last response is true by m3rked, getting a $10 discount on the $55 plan makes it a better deal. $45 for 8gb of data is incredible.

I tried to apply the deal to my $48 MB/SK plan but apparently that plan is ineligible for the discount. Please report back if that was a lie by the rep, I don't believe it was because there are other specific restrictions on the $48 plan (no US LD package availability, etc.)

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m3rked View Post
    So i called Koodo today because i saw that someone had got them to match the 10 dollar credit that virgin is offering and the csr told me they received a new memo today saying that all new activations are going to get this for 12 months. I am going to call again to confirm but wanted to know if anyone else got similar info.
    I activated a new line on Boxing Day. The rep at the store said there is a Boxing Day promo and ALL BYOD plans will get $10 off for 12 months. I activated the cheapest $28 plan in store with QC number and he said he could not confirm if the credit would stay if I changed plans. I called Koodo yesterday and the rep said the promo still applies but can take up to 2 months to being showing on my bill.

Device(s)
    k800i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by euroeuro View Post
    I activated a new line on Boxing Day. The rep at the store said there is a Boxing Day promo and ALL BYOD plans will get $10 off for 12 months. I activated the cheapest $28 plan in store with QC number and he said he could not confirm if the credit would stay if I changed plans. I called Koodo yesterday and the rep said the promo still applies but can take up to 2 months to being showing on my bill.
    Just got off the phone with Koodo and the CSR confirmed that there is a 10 dollar credit for new activation on BYOD plans. It is possible to add a TAB after but you must wait a minimum of 2 weeks for the credit to be applied before getting a phone.

Device(s)
    Moto G4P, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Asking on behalf of a lot of PMs I've received but don't know myself: is it true that you can request any area code on Koodo/Telus pre-paid? For Koodo, do you simply buy the pre-paid sim card in store then create a self-serve account and request a number? Does the ability to request area code depend on your province e.g. can someone in Atlantic Canada with pre-paid sim request QC/MB/ON/BC/AB number? Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad365 View Post
    Asking on behalf of a lot of PMs I've received but don't know myself: is it true that you can request any area code on Koodo/Telus pre-paid? For Koodo, do you simply buy the pre-paid sim card in store then create a self-serve account and request a number? Does the ability to request area code depend on your province e.g. can someone in Atlantic Canada with pre-paid sim request QC/MB/ON/BC/AB number? Thanks!
    Yes with Koodo or TELUS prepaid, you can choose any province/city for your phone number even if it's different than your address.

Feedback Score
    Just want to thank everyone in this thread and the previous one for the help. Was very easy after reading the instructions and some of the questions and answers in the threads. Got two new lines set up and ported and working great.

Cheers

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast