Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    Motorola L7 SLVR
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Whenever I try to port my number using self serve I get a 403 forbidden error on the page. Have tried multiple browsers and systems. Any ideas?
    <-- www.XyRa.org -->

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellpoint Jr. View Post
    Whenever I try to port my number using self serve I get a 403 forbidden error on the page. Have tried multiple browsers and systems. Any ideas?
    403 is a permissions error for the website.
    Could wait and try again?
    The usual, try different browsers, clear cache data, use different WiFi or network connection, etc. Also apply, but could just be an issue on their end.

Feedback Score
    So I originally tried to go through with the mb plan. I was able to change my number to a Winnipeg one and waiting for my billing cycle the loophole closed. (My typical luck). With that being said I went to change my number to the QC one in order to cash in on that. Looks like Koodo has closed all loopholes in the sense that if you change your number out of province you must call in. At which point they will realize youre not entitled to the plan...

Feedback Score
    Question, if I have 3 lines with Koodo, can I change numbers 3 times per billing cycle month on each line? Or is it just once per month per account number?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barter View Post
    Switched from the 48MB to the QC55, used Koodo Prepaid for the port, both the port in and out was done in less than 60 seconds each. Easy.
    Just to be clear, did you have to get two new SIM cards?

Old SIM -> Prepaid SIM -> New Post-Paid SIM

I was on the $48 MB plan, upgraded my phone in store, and was forced to take a new plan.

I went with the $50 BC plan since I had no choice, but would like to move back to the $48 plan. From what I understand, my old SIM will be deactivated once the number is ported out, so I believe I'll need two new SIMs to make it work.

Also, this is my wife's phone, so I'd like to do the transfer with minimal interruption. A few hours is fine, which sounds like the worst case scenario if I stay on Koodo/Telus the entire time.

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transient77 View Post
    Just to be clear, did you have to get two new SIM cards?

Old SIM -> Prepaid SIM -> New Post-Paid SIM

I was on the $48 MB plan, upgraded my phone in store, and was forced to take a new plan.

I went with the $50 BC plan since I had no choice, but would like to move back to the $48 plan. From what I understand, my old SIM will be deactivated once the number is ported out, so I believe I'll need two new SIMs to make it work.

Also, this is my wife's phone, so I'd like to do the transfer with minimal interruption. A few hours is fine, which sounds like the worst case scenario if I stay on Koodo/Telus the entire time.
    New SIMS will be needed.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysflys View Post
    So I originally tried to go through with the mb plan. I was able to change my number to a Winnipeg one and waiting for my billing cycle the loophole closed. (My typical luck). With that being said I went to change my number to the QC one in order to cash in on that. Looks like Koodo has closed all loopholes in the sense that if you change your number out of province you must call in. At which point they will realize youre not entitled to the plan...
    You cannot change from MB number to an out of province number. It can only be done with ON/AB/BC numbers. It clearly says so in the first post. Start over with a new line.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score
    Boxing day promos are still going.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m3rked View Post
    Just got off the phone with Koodo and the CSR confirmed that there is a 10 dollar credit for new activation on BYOD plans. It is possible to add a TAB after but you must wait a minimum of 2 weeks for the credit to be applied before getting a phone.
    On all the Quebec plans?

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    Boxing day promos are still going.
    $45 for 8GB, makes sense for you to use QC plan now

Device(s)
    k800i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    From what the CSR told me today ANY new activation is going to get this credit but the second you add a TAB to your account they will remove it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keigotw View Post
    $45 for 8GB, makes sense for you to use QC plan now
    Yep best deal out there. Have to go with Virgin though. Koodo won't give it to existing customers.

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    Yep best deal out there. Have to go with Virgin though. Koodo won't give it to existing customers.
    try it, since you have QC #, you can easily change to that plan, and then call in to ask for $10 off
    if they won't, then mention you will have to go to Virgin Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keigotw View Post
    try it, since you have QC #, you can easily change to that plan, and then call in to ask for $10 off
    if they won't, then mention you will have to go to Virgin Mobile
    I actually downgraded to the 2GB plan. I have WiFi pretty much everywhere I'm at. Will see if they give me $10 off. If not guess will go to Virgin if they still have it tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Anyone bought a phone on a tab to start first then switched over? Just want to be sure before I go buy the phone, lol

and yes I see it in the first post, would just like to hear a success story to make myself feel better

Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast