Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Device(s)
    Moto G4P, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by euroeuro View Post
    Yes with Koodo or TELUS prepaid, you can choose any province/city for your phone number even if it's different than your address.
    Quote Originally Posted by svattom View Post
    sajjad365, you should add something to the FAQ about the bogus 90-day warning, since this came up so often in the other thread and has already come up here (on the first day)!
    I'll ask mod to revise the instructions: 1) remove Fongo reference and include Koodo/Telus pre-paid option to obtain QC # for Atlantic Canadians 2) Add 90-day warning bogus under FAQ.
    Koodo MB/QC how-to: click here

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone see the $120 discount on self serve screen?

I called in and the rep says it would automatically be discounted for new activations, however I don't see the discount on the self serve screen.

Device(s)
    iphone 6 plus
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyluo View Post
    Does anyone see the $120 discount on self serve screen?

I called in and the rep says it would automatically be discounted for new activations, however I don't see the discount on the self serve screen.
    people said they were told it will take 2 -3 weeks for credit to show up

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keigotw View Post
    people said they were told it will take 2 -3 weeks for credit to show up
    right that was what i was told by the rep, i just wonder if it reflected on your plan itself at self serve

Feedback Score
    So to confirm, if I am to open up a line with tab, I should be opting for the large tab yes? My understanding is if I'm put on a medium tab then I wont be able to switch to the $55 plan as that is only available on large tabs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad365 View Post
    How can Atlantic Canadians take advantage?

Since Atlantic Canadians cannot request a MB/QC number via self-serve:

1) Create a free account with Fongo Mobile and obtain a QC phone number.
    2) Register for a monthly (post-paid) plan with an in-province number (with Koodo)
    3) Go home, register for Koodo self-serve online.
    4) Port your Fongo number to Koodo via self-serve. Afterwards, the system will allow you to choose the desired $54 QC plan. You may have to wait until the first billing cycle to change the plan.
    5) Once you’re on the desired plan, port-in your existing number with the other carrier via self-serve. **

NOTE: There is a $20 port-out fee for Fongo Mobile accounts. Please contact Fongo support to arrange for payment of the port out fee, otherwise porting will be rejected.
    My Atlantic Canada experience (ongoing):

1) Created a prepaid TELUS account online with QC number (had a spare SIM on hand; was able to get QC number using NS address)
    2) Registered for a monthly (post-paid) Koodo plan with NS number (selected the cheapest plan with the 1000 mins LD promo)
    3) Registered for Koodo self-serve online
    4) Ported my QC TELUS prepaid number to Koodo via self-serve. I am required to wait until my first billing cycle to change the plan. When that happens in 7 days, I will choose the desired QC plan, and then port-in my existing (Virgin Mobile) number via self-serve.

Feedback Score
    Can someone comment on if I am thinking this right. I live in Ontario and have the $48 MB Plan.
    1) Go to Koodo and get a prepaid sim card but don't add any money to it?
    2) At the same time get another Koodo Ontario account (Do I need another sim card or can I use current?)
    3) Go home and change the Koodo phone number to QC number
    4) Wait till 1st day of Billing Cycle and change to QC $55 plan with 8GB data
    5) Port out my original Koodo number to prepaid Sim
    6) Port my number from Koodo pre-paid sim to new Sim.

In total I would have bought 2 Sim Cards (1 Pre-Paid, 1 Post-Paid) and my current Koodo sim becomes useless
    Can I self refer myself when getting another Koodo account?

Feedback Score
    The tab and getting a new phone instructions are not clear and no one seems to be answering them.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me with what I'm experiencing.

I got a QC number, changed to the $55 plan, and then ported my number.

The port said successful, and I tested my number using calls and texts, they checked out. However when I logged back into the Koodo website my account overview page is still displaying my QC number. Is this just a delay that will work itself out? Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Device(s)
    Moto G4P, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twelve-hours View Post
    The tab and getting a new phone instructions are not clear and no one seems to be answering them.
    Please ask concise questions. We cannot address every unique situation in the instructions.

If you're signing up for a new line, buy the phone in-store. You can also order the phone afterwards on tab and have it delivered to your home. There are some restrictions with tab though.

Quote Originally Posted by scottywc View Post
    The port said successful, and I tested my number using calls and texts, they checked out. However when I logged back into the Koodo website my account overview page is still displaying my QC number. Is this just a delay that will work itself out? Any ideas?.
    It takes up to 15 mins. Your line works, which is most important. Don't panic about self-serve changes for at least 24 hours. The system can get overwhelmed sometimes.

Feedback Score
    Please ask concise questions. We cannot address every unique situation in the instructions.

If you're signing up for a new line, buy the phone in-store. You can also order the phone afterwards on tab and have it delivered to your home. There are some restrictions with tab though.

It takes up to 15 mins. Your line works, which is most important. Don't panic about self-serve changes for at least 24 hours. The system can get overwhelmed sometimes.
    Great, thanks for your advice. I just got a text from Koodo confirming the change, and called Bell who said my plan was cancelled, so looks like it's good to go.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys, one more question.

The plan says it is eligible for "1000 international LD minutes only available for new activations and phone upgrades. Includes calls to India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan. 3". The requirement is new activations or phone upgrade.

Would this be considered a new activation? If so, how do I go about getting this added?

Feedback Score
    What restrictions? Problem with buying in store is not many carry the iphone7 plus 128, so if I am opening a new line, but can only get online, do we open the new line, change the number to QC, order phone, then port number after getting phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KG33 View Post
    What restrictions? Problem with buying in store is not many carry the iphone7 plus 128, so if I am opening a new line, but can only get online, do we open the new line, change the number to QC, order phone, then port number after getting phone?
    From what I've seen the number porting shouldn't matter if you have your new phone or not. You are only porting the number on to the SIM card which you put into the phone. The SIM card doesn't care what kind of a phone or when you got it.

I did all of my signing up, plan changing, and porting with my new Koodo SIM card sitting on my coffee table. I had no idea if it even worked until I put it in my phone.

Feedback Score
    I went to Walmart and asked for a postpaid SIM card at the cellphone desk. The employee had no idea what I was talking about.

I then said I wanted the regular monthly plan and need a SIM card for it. He said he couldn't sell me just the SIM card without also buying a phone.

Has anyone else run into this? The original post specifically mentions Walmart as a place to get one and someone else mentioned they activated theirs at home themselves, so I'm not sure why I couldn't do it.

Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast