Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 73 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the Koodo MB/QC plan anywhere in Canada

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Tried to port my number to koodo prepaid and port to new Qc plan. And this is the first time i m porting to prepaid and failed, called csr, i have to wait 24 hrs to fix the problem. I hope port to QC plan will not take long

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atom bomb View Post
    I know! With all of the talk here, I was surprised when I popped on this morning and it was available. It was definitely buried between a whole bunch of random plans that made no sense...oh well? Is it totally gone forever for most people?
    It seems that way... did you go for the tab one or byod one? I'm going to check again, pls explain where you found it just in case haha

Mine didn't have that many plans to choose from...only 8 or so I think, and I went for the byod one
    Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt174e View Post
    I would suggest to activate two prepaid sim cards.

1. Quebec number prepaid sim - Port to get the better quebec plans.
    2. Alberta number prepaid sim - Port after you switch to a Quebec plan.
    Thanks for that
    Do I activate these at kiosk or on self-serve?
    Don't I need a postpaid sim as well?
    Sorry but very new at this!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cao0215 View Post
    Tried to port my number to koodo prepaid and port to new Qc plan. And this is the first time i m porting to prepaid and failed, called csr, i have to wait 24 hrs to fix the problem. I hope port to QC plan will not take long
    What was the issue with the porting? Did you try to port during activation or did you activate first with random number before trying to port?

Feedback Score
    Just ported successfully to an Ontario number on Quebec plan so all the legwork is done. Just enjoy the savings now.

Thanks to the OP and people offering continuing support.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    Sorry newb question here. I've never ported a number before. lol

When I'm in self serve trying to switch numbers it says I need to have the account # pin # and if it's a wireless number it wants the ESN. Is this true? Can I just send the account # and pin #? I am only asking because I'm not sure what phone is attached to my number... so I guess I could call Freedom but would rather skip that haha

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can leave the serial number field blank. I've done it before and left it blank and the port went through.

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inmotionnow View Post
    What was the issue with the porting? Did you try to port during activation or did you activate first with random number before trying to port?
    The issue i do not know, all info is correct, but the last active step i m waiting 10 mins, the website is crashing.

I m trying to port my koodo postpaid number to prepaid, the prepaid sim is not working either, and i call them, i m being told they are creating a ticket, it will take 24 hours or probably less than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBuser90 View Post
    You can leave the serial number field blank. I've done it before and left it blank and the port went through.
    From the CWTA (Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association) re: Wireless Number Portability:

4. What information will my new service provider need?

Wireless-to-Wireless Customers – If you can, bring your wireless phone and most recent monthly bill with you when you visit your new prospective service provider. If you don’t have a bill, your new service provider will need to know your telephone number and one of the following: your account number; your password /PIN; or your phone’s ESN/IMEI numbers which are located on the back of your phone under the battery. Your new service provider can assist you to identify your ESN (Electronic Serial Number) or IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Wind - For now
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, Seems I will be fine leaving it blank for ESN

Feedback Score
    The issue i do not know, all info is correct, but the last active step i m waiting 10 mins, the website is crashing.

I m trying to port my koodo postpaid number to prepaid, the prepaid sim is not working either, and i call them, i m being told they are creating a ticket, it will take 24 hours or probably less than that.
    I'll be doing the same thing in February with my existing Koodo number (re: waiting for billing cycle). Would you mind letting me how/when your porting gets resolved?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadude View Post
    Thanks guys, Seems I will be fine leaving it blank for ESN
    I just ported from my Koodo prepaid today and left the ESN blank and it worked just fine.

Feedback Score
    I was just perusing the Fido qc plans and they still have the 8gb plan available @ $58.

I wonder if Koodo will bring it back for Quebec if Fido keeps it around?

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inmotionnow View Post
    I'll be doing the same thing in February with my existing Koodo number (re: waiting for billing cycle). Would you mind letting me how/when your porting gets resolved?
    sure, they told me it will take 24 hours, lets see, and their website is upgrading, maybe it is the problem

Feedback Score
    sure, they told me it will take 24 hours, lets see, and their website is upgrading, maybe it is the problem
    Thank you, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 73 ... LastLast