Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Best Dual SIM Phone?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    yup! Tried my AT&T sim and my UK sim (that roams only on AT&T) in sim2 of my ASUS Zenfone2 one day last week. No signal!

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    So it's basically useless as a dual SIM device in today's US market and should be banned from further discussion in this thread .

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcamp View Post
    yup! Tried my AT&T sim and my UK sim (that roams only on AT&T) in sim2 of my ASUS Zenfone2 one day last week. No signal!
    yea att flip the kill switch for 2G like 2 months ago-tho they really should of waited cause in the areas that was only seeing 2G now has no service at all
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Feedback Score
    I hope I'm not late on this one!
    For dual sim options other than OP, I would recommend you to go with the LG G5 and Huawei Mate 9.

Feedback Score
    Gasp, choke, cough $600+ phonez.

Quote Originally Posted by spencermark View Post
    I hope I'm not late on this one!
    For dual sim options other than OP, I would recommend you to go with the LG G5 and Huawei Mate 9.

Feedback Score
    What about the blue r1 plus? 3g on both?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    What about the blue r1 plus? 3g on both?
    Not at the same time

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile ToGo (US)
    Feedback Score
    Are there any dual SIM phones on the market that supports 3G/UMTS on both SIM slots and 4G/LTE on one SIM slot, as well as support LTE band 2,3,4,5,7,12,17,20 as a minimum?

I am searching for a dual SIM phone and have been asking around in various place but so far I have not come up with anything conclusive. I have been eyeing the Huawei P10 as well as Moto Z and Moto Z Play but I am still a little unsure on whether they qualify on both of the aforementioned requirements. From what I have been reading it seems that the chipset in these phone can support it but not whether it is enabled or not (with regard to support for UMTS on the secondary SIM).

Any input is appreciated.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneboy View Post
    Are there any dual SIM phones on the market that supports 3G/UMTS on both SIM slots and 4G/LTE on one SIM slot, as well as support LTE band 2,3,4,5,7,12,17,20 as a minimum? ....
    There are several phones that support dual simultaneous 4g/3g standby. I ordered and used a Moto 4g plus until this weekend that almost matches your requirements but the LTE bands that were (apparently) supported were 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 28 (not 20). In my case the data SIM displaying "H" most of the time was way faster than I need. Unfortunately the phone got lost this weekend and I am trying to find something different to replace it. I was not totally happy with the 4g Plus because the screen starting flaking on the edges and developed a crack without ever being dropped or shocked. I have not heard of that happening to other people so I might have got a lemon, other than that I was happy with the phone which gave me full functionality integrating Truphone & Freedompop for an effortless connection on the AT&T network.

In searching for a replacement I find myself almost as frustrated this search as I was the first time when AT&T pulled the plug on 2g rendering my old cheap BLU phone worthless. They claim the BLU Life One X2 will support dual simultaneous 3g/4g support but after observing suspicious behavior on my first BLU and finding out BLU has a history of integrating data farming on the OS level (then shrugging it off as "no big deal" & "just an accident" when they got caught) I am trying to avoid them.

Most of my frustration is that sellers describe their functionality in a similar manner saying things like, "4g supported on both SIM", whether it is supported simultaneous or not. I came here hoping to find a more concise and comprehensive list relevant to the U.S. because there are so many educated consumers on this forum who combine Freedompop & Truphone as I do but so far the best list of compatible phones I have found are targeted to an Australian audience:

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/dual_sim_4g3g_phones

Unfortunately that list is a few months old so there are probably more phones and chipsets by now that could be added to the list. I am lucky that I do not require LTE speed but looking for a decent quality basic android phone with 5"-5.5" screen, 3g ram, and 32g storage for under $200 is still a search that leads to more disappointments than options. I may be lowering the bar (or raising my price) soon...
    I thought my phone was pretty smart but I have been unable to teach it to swim.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile ToGo (US)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mralaska View Post
    Most of my frustration is that sellers describe their functionality in a similar manner saying things like, "4g supported on both SIM", whether it is supported simultaneous or not. I came here hoping to find a more concise and comprehensive list relevant to the U.S. because there are so many educated consumers on this forum who combine Freedompop & Truphone as I do but so far the best list of compatible phones I have found are targeted to an Australian audience:

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/dual_sim_4g3g_phones

Unfortunately that list is a few months old so there are probably more phones and chipsets by now that could be added to the list. I am lucky that I do not require LTE speed but looking for a decent quality basic android phone with 5"-5.5" screen, 3g ram, and 32g storage for under $200 is still a search that leads to more disappointments than options. I may be lowering the bar (or raising my price) soon...
    Thanks for your input. That list seems to suggest that Moto Z and Z Play does indeed fit the bill as well as the P10. However now I am also looking at the OnePlus 5 so it has become a little difficult to choose :-)

Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your input. That list seems to suggest that Moto Z and Z Play does indeed fit the bill as well as the P10. However now I am also looking at the OnePlus 5 so it has become a little difficult to choose :-)
    Too many options is a better problem to have than not enough but it can indeed be frustrating! The AU list appears to have been updated so I probably should have reviewed it better on my latest shopping spree. I perhaps weighed budget more heavily than I should when I ordered a Redmi Note 4 for $150 which is a compromise on many levels but it should suit my needs if it is not obsolete by the time it finally ships from Singapore.

Feedback Score
    Are there any dual SIM phones on the market that supports 3G/UMTS on both SIM slots and 4G/LTE on one SIM slot, as well as support LTE band 2,3,4,5,7,12,17,20 as a minimum?

I am searching for a dual SIM phone and have been asking around in various place but so far I have not come up with anything conclusive. I have been eyeing the Huawei P10 as well as Moto Z and Moto Z Play but I am still a little unsure on whether they qualify on both of the aforementioned requirements. From what I have been reading it seems that the chipset in these phone can support it but not whether it is enabled or not (with regard to support for UMTS on the secondary SIM).

Any input is appreciated.
    The OnePlus 5 fits the bill in regards to 3G/UMTS on the SIM not currently designated as the Data SIM (Can be switched any time in Settings) just like its predecessor. Supports every band mentioned and then some. The ZTE Axon 7 from last generation would also work perfectly.

OnePlus 3/3T works perfectly but has Bands 1/2/4/5/7/12/17/30.

Feedback Score
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aenews View Post
    The OnePlus 5 fits the bill in regards to 3G/UMTS on the SIM not currently designated as the Data SIM (Can be switched any time in Settings) just like its predecessor. Supports every band mentioned and then some. The ZTE Axon 7 from last generation would also work perfectly.

OnePlus 3/3T works perfectly but has Bands 1/2/4/5/7/12/17/30.
    That is great info. Do any also have separate micro storage without giving up sim?

Ty

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    That is great info. Do any also have separate micro storage without giving up sim?

Ty
    The Axon 7 supports Dual SIM and microSD though not together. You would be able to get both working in a single slot if you resize the SIM as GPz1000 said earlier in the thread. Also all the devices I suggested have 128GB Internal Storage.

Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I don't recommend filing. Good chance of damaging the sim. The easiest is to use a lighter to heat the plastic around the actual chip briefly. This makes it soft enough to just peel away. Hold the sim in the corner with a pair of tweezers.

My axon's been dual sim + sd for at several months now with no issues. I switch between sim cards based on cycle date and data remaining.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4