Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Is it just me?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,505
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    Is it just me?

    Or does every T-Mobile related thread (as of late) get thread crapped on by angry Verizon/AT&T customers who turn every topic into some battle over how much better Verizon/AT&T coverage is?

    I try to post news related to this carrier in an effort to share information and learn from each other. Every thread gets derailed.

    We could be talking about our LTE expansion, Uncarrier speculation or even T-Mobile Tuesday's. The same 3 or 4 posters jump in to let us know our service is inferior.

    Is it jealousy? Envy? Short man syndrome? All of the above?

    I'm not calling anyone out specifically but they know who they are. They'll probably join the conversation soon as it is.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,226
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Or does every T-Mobile related thread (as of late) get thread crapped on by angry Verizon/AT&T customers who turn every topic into some battle over how much better Verizon/AT&T coverage is?

    I try to post news related to this carrier in an effort to share information and learn from each other. Every thread gets derailed.

    We could be talking about our LTE expansion, Uncarrier speculation or even T-Mobile Tuesday's. The same 3 or 4 posters jump in to let us know our service is inferior.

    Is it jealousy? Envy? Short man syndrome? All of the above?

    I'm not calling anyone out specifically but they know who they are. They'll probably join the conversation soon as it is.
    Some people live a sad life and insist on having a negative attitude about everything apart from things they like. I have family members that are like that. Best you can do is ignore them so they're limited to one post. Or report them if they insist on derailing the thread.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tijuana / Mazatlán / D.F. - Puebla
    Posts
    22,114
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank you for bringing up this as an issue.
    Normally, I wouldn't move this type of thread in the front and stickying it but you raised an issue that needs to be looked at. If every thread is being derailed then this is a problem. This activity is unacceptable for any reason for the minority to rile up and disrupt the conversation for the majority.

    The second reason this thread is here, is to let these people know that I'm aware of this and that they are on notice. This stuff can't go on forever, and it will stop. I would follow the suggestions from Volaris to ignore, report people and the staff will deal with it, as needed.

    In the meantime, I will consider additional rules for this forum in order to clamp down on this activity.

    You may be contacted...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,893
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    JL has shaken up the industry and some just can't seem to handle it.

    They insist, we be made to know that we're on an inferior network and in fact are inferior customers too!

    I just shake it off, and recall the old saying "a hit dog will holler". I look at it as confirmation that Magenta is on the right path.
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    283
    Device(s)
    Iphone 3G and now the Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    I want JL to keep kicking other providers in the nads so Americans get awesome plans,services at decent prices like in Europe and parts of Asia where the customer is king.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Berkeley and Miami
    Posts
    4,682
    Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    0
    Agree w. all the above. Just think of how service (coverage etc.) has improved and MORE for a lot LESS. Has forced other carriers to give in a little.
    In past 3 years have recvd. intl roaming, more (and faster) data, and all kinds of "freebies" besides intl. services. Like free music streaming.
    Basic plans were 500Mb, then 1Gb, now 2Gb (or is it 2.5). We were paying about $140 for 4 lines. Now paying about $155 for 6 lines.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,505
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    JL has shaken up the industry and some just can't seem to handle it.

    They insist, we be made to know that we're on an inferior network and in fact are inferior customers too!

    I just shake it off, and recall the old saying "a hit dog will holler". I look at it as confirmation that Magenta is on the right path.

    It's what I figured. I plan to also just ignore the trolls as much as I can going forward in order to give them less ammunition.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 64GB, Microsoft Surface 3 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm with Verizon for my smartphone, but I'm all for innovation and competition. T-Mobile getting better keeps Verizon and AT&T in check and all of us have options so I want to foster that.

    Earlier this year I tried T-Mobile One Plus on my phone but found that I ran into a couple of issues where service degraded unexpectantly and it rubbed me the wrong way so ended up switching back -- but I did keep a One line on my Surface tablet where I get unlimited hotspot, and am able to continue testing T-Mobile as they grow & adapt. Fun times in the cellular industry!

    I agree with the majority, let's keep discussions fun and positive. We all know folks will switch if something isn't working out for them. No need to be trolling about just let those that the service works good for keep using it happily.

    --Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    549
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    Agree w. all the above. Just think of how service (coverage etc.) has improved and MORE for a lot LESS. Has forced other carriers to give in a little.
    In past 3 years have recvd. intl roaming, more (and faster) data, and all kinds of "freebies" besides intl. services. Like free music streaming.
    Basic plans were 500Mb, then 1Gb, now 2Gb (or is it 2.5). We were paying about $140 for 4 lines. Now paying about $155 for 6 lines.
    It could be a side effect of T-Mobile or it could have happened regardless.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago/Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    3,859
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Or does every T-Mobile related thread (as of late) get thread crapped on by angry Verizon/AT&T customers who turn every topic into some battle over how much better Verizon/AT&T coverage is?

    I try to post news related to this carrier in an effort to share information and learn from each other. Every thread gets derailed.

    We could be talking about our LTE expansion, Uncarrier speculation or even T-Mobile Tuesday's. The same 3 or 4 posters jump in to let us know our service is inferior.

    Is it jealousy? Envy? Short man syndrome? All of the above?

    I'm not calling anyone out specifically but they know who they are. They'll probably join the conversation soon as it is.
    I think the extreme T-Mobile shills (you know who you are) trash talk the big 2 so much that big 2 shills can't keep quiet and come in and defend and pretty soon you have a big blood bath. Some do it just for pure entertainment. I've learned to pay no mind to any of it, it's such a waste of energy, completely meaningless. It's just a wireless carrier, not ones own child.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    2,578
    Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I think the extreme T-Mobile shills (you know who you are) trash talk the big 2 so much that big 2 shills can't keep quiet and come in and defend and pretty soon you have a big blood bath. Some do it just for pure entertainment. I've learned to pay no mind to any of it, it's such a waste of energy, completely meaningless. It's just a wireless carrier, not ones own child.
    I agree with this. I think it's also because those select few die hard T-Mobile fanatics talk down to people who use and prefer Verizon or AT&T saying that there is no way they are better than T-Mobile in coverage or speed, which leads to those fans coming in to defend Verizon or AT&T. Also, it's hard to ignore T-Mobile fans that seem to ignore some of the downsides of what T-Mobile has been doing, like charging to watch HD video, raising fees, going back on their word, etc.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    549
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I agree with this. I think it's also because those select few die hard T-Mobile fanatics talk down to people who use and prefer Verizon or AT&T saying that there is no way they are better than T-Mobile in coverage or speed, which leads to those fans coming in to defend Verizon or AT&T. Also, it's hard to ignore T-Mobile fans that seem to ignore some of the downsides of what T-Mobile has been doing, like charging to watch HD video, raising fees, going back on their word, etc.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!

    I have 6 lines with T-Mobile myself and 3 with Verizon. It's well known which is better for most people.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,893
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Historically yes... The last few years years no...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    198
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I agree with this. I think it's also because those select few die hard T-Mobile fanatics talk down to people who use and prefer Verizon or AT&T saying that there is no way they are better than T-Mobile in coverage or speed, which leads to those fans coming in to defend Verizon or AT&T. Also, it's hard to ignore T-Mobile fans that seem to ignore some of the downsides of what T-Mobile has been doing, like charging to watch HD video, raising fees, going back on their word, etc.
    I agree T-Mobile has been raising fees and charging me for a lot of stuff I'm paying as much as when I had Verizon. I had all the companies and we all know Verizon works best. But from my experience I been surprised T-Mobile works better than At&t in a lot of places . Sometimes it's as good as Verizon in terms of speed and reliability. Not gonna lie before I got T-Mobile I thought it was gonna be bad . Coming from At&t and Verizon I was surprised. At how well it works here in Los Angeles its much better than At&t in everything. Faster Lte, less dropped calls, better call quality. San Francisco, Texas, Seattle, Vegas, everywhere Verizon worked T-Mobile has been on par with Verizon in everything leaving At&t in the dust. For having a bad reputation it works just as good as Verizon in my experience. The other day in The Hospital I had 3 bars Lte on T-Mobile my friend on At&t had no service , and in that Hospital I know Verizon also works cuz when I had them it did . So yeah ..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,505
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    I agree T-Mobile has been raising fees and charging me for a lot of stuff I'm paying as much as when I had Verizon. I had all the companies and we all know Verizon works best. But from my experience I been surprised T-Mobile works better than At&t in a lot of places . Sometimes it's as good as Verizon in terms of speed and reliability. Not gonna lie before I got T-Mobile I thought it was gonna be bad . Coming from At&t and Verizon I was surprised. At how well it works here in Los Angeles its much better than At&t in everything. Faster Lte, less dropped calls, better call quality. San Francisco, Texas, Seattle, Vegas, everywhere Verizon worked T-Mobile has been on par with Verizon in everything leaving At&t in the dust. For having a bad reputation it works just as good as Verizon in my experience. The other day in The Hospital I had 3 bars Lte on T-Mobile my friend on At&t had no service , and in that Hospital I know Verizon also works cuz when I had them it did . So yeah ..
    I also was a long time AT&T fan and I can concede that geographically they have a larger legacy HSPA network than T-Mobile. Every year or so I'd check in with T-Mobile to test their network and a few times I was left disappointed.

    Something radically changed within the last 6 months in my area and I know all opinions are subjective and anecdotal; but not only is T-Mobile's LTE speeds faster and more consistent (for me) but they even have LTE coverage in areas where AT&T has No Service. That's right. I drive a lot around parts of the Mojave desert on rural routes and I knew all the AT&T bad spots like the back of my hand. It's been so refreshing now seeing 50 Mbps download speeds on lil' T-Mobile where I used to have data service that wouldn't load. An OMG moment occurred while driving up Waterman Ave to the little community of Crestline. Wow I had LTE service up that windy rural mountain road whereas I used to have No Service at all with AT&T.

    My Latest Journey to T-Mobile:

    One weekend I got PO'd at MaBell and in haste ported my line to Verizon right before the store closed and the day before a national holiday. (Kids learn from my mistake and never port your number without checking coverage first in the areas that count) Verizon didn't have Wi-Fi calling enabled yet on iOS. I got home and to my disappointment I had 0-1 bars of LTE outdoors and even worse I had 1 bar of 1x and no service indoors. Luckily I have kick azz Wi-Fi because I kept getting iMessages from friends and family asking me why I'm not answering my phone or returning their voicemails.

    Driving around Verizon service was great but when I got to my sister's for the holiday again I had no service indoors. This isn't exactly unexpected as her neighborhood is known to the locals as a major dead zone for wireless. But that's two dings for Verizon in a 24 hour period. Coincidental? Probably and because it was a national holiday it's not like I can go back to a retail store to return the phone and service.

    We were in Redlands, CA for the holiday and since the movies were still open we went to the Krikorian Redlands Cinema after dinner to see a movie. We stopped by some cool looking marquis and took some selfies. I tried to upload some funny selfies to social media and it was taking too long when I looked up at the signal indicator and (AGAIN) No Service. What are the odds that I'd run into 3 dead zones with Verizon in a 24 hour period? I think the universe was trying to tell me something. Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me; fool me three times break up with your wireless carrier.

    When I put two in two together I realized that my sisters Nexus 6p worked in her house with T-Mobile LTE, I already knew it worked great in my townhome and it worked flawlessly at the Redlands Cinema. As someone who works (indirectly) with the wireless industry and because I'm a mobile enthusiast at heart I was already aware of T-Mobile's massive 700 MHz expansion in Southern California. I decided to give them another try.

    Fast forward to today... I've been back with T-Mobile for roughly 3 months now. I can honestly say without reservation that I've never had clearer calls, more seamless LTE/HSPA/WiFi handoffs and awesome LTE data performance than I've had with the other providers in all my years past. Yes T-Mobile used to suck major donkey balls but mobile networks are not static and they do change.

    Bottom line: Even wireless carriers that tout national undisputed network superiority are not the best for everyone and can be downright terrible for some. Wireless carriers do change for the better or worse regardless of how good or bad they are today. Who cares who has the best service on the top of Mt. Whitney if you never plan on going there and why pay more for service in rural Alaska when you spend 99.9999999% of your life California? Last but not least: If T-Mobile sucked 6 months ago and you're tired of paying all those taxes and fees on the other guys give them another try as you might be pleasantly surprised (unless you live at LAX)

    #neversettle:

    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is it just me or...
    By TE1221 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2002, 09:36 PM
  2. is it just me?
    By Nokarola in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2002, 03:22 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2002, 12:24 AM
  4. Is it just me?
    By emcee in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2002, 10:16 PM
  5. is it just me...
    By shinjiplus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-31-2002, 10:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks