Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it just me?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crux57 View Post
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!

I have 6 lines with T-Mobile myself and 3 with Verizon. It's well known which is better for most people.
    Your comment is exactly what the subject of this thread hoped to address. You are in a T-Mobile forum stating we all should know that Verizon is a Better service.

My opinion is that "Better" is subjective. In cellular it is frequently a location based evaluation.

The fact that you use both only means it's better for you where and how you are using both.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-260, 310-150
    Feedback Score
    This is an excellent thread, as I've seen both sides of this happen in a lot of other places, too. It's mostly just the any sort of discussion on the internet turning a little nasty if there's a disagreement. I sort of feel weird about the whole argument because any of the carriers could change their products/offerings next week and one that you had might turn out to be a worse deal or you might get burned with a customer service mishap. I can see if you're a shareholder or employee of a particular company that you might want to "root" for one a bit more.

For me, I currently have AT&T has my primary carrier. I run a family plan with a few relatives so the overall cost is low - we tried T-Mobile about a year ago, but they were in an area where they only got service at their house and anything in any direction was a bit of a dead zone. Coverage and speed at my home and work were actually a bit better than with AT&T. My relatives also didn't have Band 12 devices and weren't really wanting to replace phones at that time. Due to the savings being only about $15/month, we switched back to AT&T. Do I have any ill-will or complaints about T-Mobile? Not at all - most of the issue was on our end and they have done some tremendous things in the last few years, one of which has been offering a compelling alternative to AT&T and Verizon. I sort of have the mindset that if T-Mobile works for you where you need it and you like the features, go for it. If it doesn't, consider someone else, but there's also no guarantee that if there is a T-Mobile dead spot that AT&T and Verizon will automatically be better.

I put a T-Mobile SIM in my iPad to take advantage of the Free Data for Life promo and throw a few bucks on there when I travel as an alternative option. I haven't run into many areas with bad service - they have a pretty good network. Last summer, I actually grabbed an AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint SIM card, too and tried data service all around the area where I live and work and it was fascinating to see who was better where (this was a bit of an experiment to see if we should switch our work lines somewhere else...Sprint was courting my boss pretty hard).

I have gotten asked about different carriers from friends and coworkers being the iOS geek and my general attitude has been to give a bit of a non-answer since every single one has their strengths and weaknesses, not to mention coverage may or may not work at someone's house, business, or school.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Your comment is exactly what the subject of this thread hoped to address. You are in a T-Mobile forum stating we all should know that Verizon is a Better service.

My opinion is that "Better" is subjective. In cellular it is frequently a location based evaluation.

The fact that you use both only means it's better for you where and how you are using both.
    Exactly.

Also, by definition, it cannot be merely your "opinion" that "better" is subjective -- it is a "fact" that "better" is subjective. Literally, "better" means "more good" and since different subscribers experience "good" in different places with different carriers in different ways, there is no objective way to define "better" (or "best" for that matter).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2